Had Cool Sculpting on Lower Abd 7 Days Ago - San Francisco, CA

I had Cool Sculpting 7 days ago on lower abdomen...

I had Cool Sculpting 7 days ago on lower abdomen and am in the WORST pain, it seems like each day that goes by I'm in more pain. I feel stabbing and sharp shooting pains, I have tried ice and it made it WORSE. The pain is so bad I have a hard time sleeping at night and have to sleep on my back. Has anyone else experienced this HORRIBLE pain and what can I do to make this go away????

I had Cool Scultping 14 days ago

Maaaaan what a difference 7 days makes, last week I posted about my HORRIBLE pain after 7 days and I am happy to say that it's day 14 and I feel a MILLION times better, I am also starting to see results after two weeks. When I was reading other reviews and the complained about pain BUT would do it again I thought "These women MUST be CRAZY!!!!" LOL now that my pain is gone I have joined the crazy boat and will be doing my love handles in two weeks. Some of the things that helped me get through the pain was ice and I went to Walgreens and purchased Cool aloe burn gel w/Lidocaine and kept that on 24/7 with spanks and it was MAGIC lol. Something else that I was told to try was Lyrica (must be prescribed) which is a nerve medication but with the Cool Aloe I didn't need it. Here is a pic from day 1 to yesterday day 13
Dr. Fan

I was told not to take ibuprofen that it would alter the effects.
That's just silly!
No, it's not silly because my Doctor's office told me the same thing . No Ibuprofen for 24 -48 hours after procedure.
Yes, I was told the same thing by my Doctor. I didn't take anything, did not have any major pain or discomfort with 5 different treatments in all 3 areas 5-7 days apart.
Hi, I am scheduled to have my inner thighs, flanks and abdomen done on 5 May. With all the posts about horrible pain, I am getting scared. Seeing your post makes me feel better. Were you swollen immediately after? I am afraid of looking pregnant.
I am considering the procedure, please provide me your thoughts of results
Had my stomach just below waist done yesterday morning. Have had no pain whatsoever. There is swelling but no bruising. They used the smaller machines...first hour on right side and second hour on left side. Other than the initial experience of the machine sucking up the fat...it really wasn't that uncomfortable. The time passed quickly with my kindle and iPad. I was told it would take 3-4 months for the complete process to work. Probably notice improvement gradually between now and then. I am 75 years old...but small, not overweight and very active.
I would just get some things that others have recommended ahead of time...people say that their pain has hit them approx. from 6-9 days after the procedure. Things like Bio freeze cream, or Curicaine cream (Walgreen's), light compression cami, ice or heat, light exercise etc. If you read the comments you can get some ideas. Good to be prepared...hoping you don't need!
Light
Ahhhhh. Compression cami. Best thing I've tried. Thanks for suggesting!!! ((Sigh)). I had lower, middle and upper abs done. I am very small with some hard to lose belly fat. My procedure was Tuesday and if I didn't read everyone's comments I would have thought something had gone horribly wrong. Ouchie. From the belly button down where the large handle was used I am having a lot of pain. But I have had 2 c-sections, endometriosis surgery, and my appendix out. So I have quite a bit of scar tissue. The area around my belly button is really sensitive as well. I hope I heal well. When these things happen you wonder if you will ever feel normal again? Lol.
Oops
I'm glad the compression cami helped :) Also try burn gel (walgreens) with cami and you will feel so much better. You will feel normal again it's been 4 weeks now and I am almost back to normal. Sometimes if my shirt rubs against me the wrong way it feels funny but I have NO more pain at all. Once you pass day 10 or 11 you will be just fine :)
Surprised they put the large machine over scars and scar tissue. I have a vertical C-section scar from 2 C sections, but my doctor said he would use the 2 smaller ones on either side of my long scar, as he would not use the larger machine over my scar. He said that it was not a good idea to do so. I was fine, bloated at first, but not really painful after the procedure was done. 5 days later had upper abdomen done. That hurt the worst and felt like I had been punched several times in the stomach. It took about 10 days to go away, but wasn't unbearable . Didn't need meds. 4 days later did flanks which was no problem at all.
I don't see why scar tissue would matter with the freezing, since the temps they use to freeze the fat doesn't damage skin (fat freezes at a higher temp than skin). Unless it's the suction they're concerned about?
I believe it is the suction that's the concern, not the freezing. I just know Dr. Polynaise said he would not put a machine over my long C-section scar when he examined me, but would use 2 small ones on either side, when he set up my cool sculpting. It made sense to me, and as I said I did not have any pain or problems after. I am noticing a reduction in my pooch 1 month later. Fat I could never exercise away because of my C sections. It wasn't a lot of fat and they said I was a good candidate for this.
I am one month out also and can see a difference in my abs..confirmed by my husband. I am on a vacation, so not able to measure! But I will in Feb when home. Even if it's a small change, surprised at only a month! Looking forward to more in the future...
I have had my flanks down 2X, sensitive, some swelling, but no real pain. I don't think you will have problems! I just did an update on my flanks, done Nov 27 the second time, and just saw some results. Had upper & lower abs done Dec 13, and they were painful during first few minutes like most share, but I never experienced that really bad pain, for which I am thankful, but feel sorry for those that do. So glad we can all share experiences!
Wow! Congratulations. I'm on Day 12. I agree. The first 8 days or so were the worst. My swelling has gone down, but I still haven't seen results. It still feels cold underneath the surface, too. I was told the soonest I could expect results was 3 weeks.
Thanks I was SHOCKED when I took those photos last nite, My belly button is SLIGHTLY numb but NOTHING like day 4-10 I wanted to DIE LOL
It seems that folks only complain about pain in the belly area, so your love handles should be a cinch! Glad you're seeing positive results.
My flanks hurt but all of my pain has been manageable with Biofreeze, IB and Zquill to help Mr sleep. :)
Flanks don't hurt, just numbness and that;s almost gone 1 week in. I haven;\'t had to use any pain mes, not even ibuprofen. No problem sleeping either with any procedure. I did all of them within 5 days of each other. I did my lower abdomen in 2 sections the same day with the smaller machine on either side of my vertical caesarian scar. Initially, I was concerned about a lot of pain afterward because of reading all these "pain horror stories " and problems with procedures in the past. However, that was NOT the case . The most unbearable pain being the first 5 minutes with the machine on my upper abdomen.
Yeah, mine just felt like I got a good swift kick to the thighs, when those were done...
I hope the flanks don't hurt BUT if it does I'm sure it can't feel ANY WORSE then my abdomen day 4-10
I had Coolsculpting 1 month ago on lower abdomen. No real noticeable pain after, just numbness. Some prickling feeling for awhile but no actual pain. My rib cage hurt ( I have a large rib cage) during the process cause the machine was resting there and it was a little sore after. I did my upper abdomen one week later and I could not wait until the first few minutes were up and I was numb, as it hurt so bad. That was painful. Afterwards, my stomach felt like it had been punched repeatedly and was sore for over 2 weeks to the touch. However, it wasn't unbearable and I did not take pain meds either time. My tight waist pants bothered it somewhat. My flanks were done 5 days later and are still a little numb, but that was the easiest process just a pinching at the bottom of the machine on each side. Not noticing too much improvement. I'm 5 ft. 5 in and weigh 125.