Wish I Had Gone Bigger :( 286 Cc Silicone Under the Muscle (5'3, 120lbs) - San Francisco, CA

I wish I had started posting before my surgery but...

I wish I had started posting before my surgery but I was too nervous that someone from work would figure out who I was! Needless to say, I have appreciated all the stories and pictures that everyone has been posting because it has made the nerve racking part of the procedure MUCH easier! I will get my pics up soon!

So some background about me...I am 5'2/5'3 and my...

So some background about me...I am 5'2/5'3 and my weight fluctuates between 110-120 lbs depending on how dedicated I am! I went to almost EVERY plastic surgeon in the Bay Area (I'm a perfectionist and a little anal) and agonized over thousands of pictures. I finally settled on a Stanford affiliated surgeon with amazing credentials and an impressive reputation despite the fact that he probably spent the least amount of time talking (most others were happy to sit down for 1-2 hours!). My husband agreed that based on the research I did, this guy should be at the top of the list. I felt much more at ease and reassured by the surgeons that were "talkers", but I chose brains over personality. I'm kinda regretting that now :( I haven't received a call from the doctor at all...granted I got the procedure on December 12th, had a post op on the 13th, then the holidays rolled around. I had another appointment one week later with the assisting PS (mine was on vacay-I knew this ahead of time) and expressed some concerns about assymmetry. YES I'm a perfectionist and I know breasts aren't supposed to be the same but I had turned down another PS who suggested two different sizes after hearing about how many revisions my doctor had done for different size implants. I think I'm just second guessing myself which I do often, and am hoping that I can learn to be happy with how they look and not keep thinking what could have been. I also try to remind myself that the doctor tried on 4-5 sizes in the OR before settling on 286. I felt the 304 sizers were a tad too big and at my post op, he confirmed that. BUT...isn't the difference between 286 and 304 like a tablespoon? I donno. Just feeling unhappy and kicking myself.

I really like how the size looks on you. I just got mines done yesterday 286 cc also. I'm also 5.3" 123 ponds. Know I get and image of how I will look. Thank you for the pictures.
How are you feeling about your size now? When was your BA? I think they look nice, but totally understand the desire to want to be bigger! ;) xoxo
I have to get my husband to take more pictures to show how they've changed a little. I think I have forgotten how they looked when they are swollen and are getting used to the size being a bit smaller. They sit so low that I think maybe anything bigger would have looked a little weird and maybe would have been even heavier to pull them down? I have also noticed that certain bras give them a weird shape when I take the bra off (mainly sports bras) have you had this problem? I'll post new pics soon. All the tape and stitches are out and I was cleared to wear a normal bra so I'm excited about that!
I think you look great. Who did you end up going to? I also had mine done in the Bay Area on 12/19.
you look good, I have one breast larger too. But in the office they looked the same size. I never noticed until I had implants that one was bigger, but I can tell now. I'm waiting about another month or so and then I may go a bit larger on the other side. I'm thinking... and what if that one is bigger and now the other one is smaller. Idk. haha
I was thinking the same thing too! LOL! I'm worried that trying to fix it would mean that the one with the slightly larger implant is then a tad TOO large! I'm losing my mind!
Please don't be upset. You look great, they are perfectly proportioned with your body. It is SO easy to "amp" up your cleavage nowadays but NOT so easy to play bigger ones down. Take it from me, I've had 4 different surgeries (in a 19 year span) and have had anywhere from 350cc saline to 700cc silicone! Stick with a more modest size, you'll thank yourself later in life;)
Thanks wessie :) I can't tell you how much I appreciate your comment and perspective. Were your revisions just size change or did they start to sag? I'm wondering what the progression of my new additions will be over time since they will probably need to be replaced in 10 years or so.
Well, I started out a full 34B and orginally got implants because honestly, I really wanted them to be larger. I was modeling at the time and was transitioning from "high fashion" modeling to more swimsuit etc. im over 5'9 and slim with very narrow hips and i liked the idea of the implants giving me some curves. This was in 97' when larger implants were "all the rage". i was young (23) and couldnt wait to get them:) I chose a local Dr. had saline implants 350 overfilled to 400 to give me some upper pole fullness which put me at a 34D.cost ($3,500) For years I loved them and had no issues UNTIL i got pregnant with my son in 2005. When my milk came in not i got severe mastitis and my breast were HUGE! i mean it was unreal, like bigger than my head! I was later told that because my implants were put in thru my areola, that it had taken my milk ducts longer to get "the signal" that my milk was coming in therefore causing a backup and swelling, pain etc. eventually my breasts shrank to a more manageable (but still large) size and i was able to breastfeed normally. After i was finished breastfeeding my breast were definetly not the same BUT thry werent horrible, i amazingly enough did not get stretch marks or horrible sagging. I did however notice some rippling (due to the loss of my own breast tissue ) it got much worse After breastfeeding my daughter. It was at that point that i decided to get a revision. it had been 10 years at that point since my first BA so it seemed like the right time in that aspect as well. I flew to Miami to see Dr. Lenny Roudner and explained that i wanted to switch out my implants to silicone in an effort to elliminate the rippling that i now had. I also explained that i DID NOT want to go any bigger and if at all possible id like to be a "C". Well, i came out of surgery with 700cc silicon implants (an E bra) i was BEYOND horrified. When i asked Dr. Roudner WTH he was thinking he stated that when he went to do the replacement, to his surprise, my skin was so lax (from stretching during pregnancy) that he had to go much larger in order to "fill in" and get rid of the rippling. He said he would have done a lift but being that i was under anesthesia at the time, he was unable to get my consent (duh!:-/) to do so, so instead he just went BIG. i was stunned! In hindsight his consultation was not up to par. He had a "know it all" attitude , which i chalked up to confidence and experience and figured that because i did not have stretch marks that my skin couldnt pissible be that lax. Well, he was wrong! My husband (an attorney) contacted him on my behalf to which He immediately admitted his wrong doing and offered to redo them (which i immediately declined) and ultimately gave me my money back. I had to wear those giant things for a year (awful!) until i could research my next move. I knew i did not want a full lift with all of the scarring so i started researching internal bras. I chose to go with Dr. Revis in Fort Lauderdale. He is a master at the internal bra and assured me I would be able to get back to my normal size via an internal bra with a benelli lift. I had that surgery in June of 2011. I went with 450cc silicone implants. ($14,000) All seemed well and I was SO happy to have my smaller sized implants back but within 6 months I started notice dramatic rippling in my cleavage area. I was also experencing nerve pain from one of my stitches, so I contacted Dr. Revis who immediately addressed the issue with me. We ultimately decided the silicone was too heavy for me and was not giving me the upper pole fullness I needed which was contributing to the rippling. We settled on 400cc saline mod profile plus overfilled to 425 layered with strattice as an extra measure against the rippling. ($9,000) I am now just one week post op and things seem great. I'm obviously still swollen but I think I have finally fixed my issues and I happy very happy with what appears to be a large C breast;) So yes, once you get implants it IS a commitment. Depending upon weight fluctuations, pregnancy etc you most likely will have several "touch ups" throughout your life but staying a more modest size greatly reduces your risks of having to do so. Sorry for the LONG winded reply but my story is a bit complicated as you can see;) hope this helps!
OMG .. thank you so much for sharing your story!!! I am 2 weeks post op with 457cc's silicones .. so far so good but it is nice to hear feedback on different procedures, etc. Good luck with everything! :)
Thank you Rachel73505. Same to you!!:)
I really appreciate you sharing your story! I'm a pretty long winded person in general so details are always great in my opinion! What an ordeal you went through!! I'm so glad that you mentioned the differences with silicone and saline because I had thought that saline would give more upper pole fullness but I got so much encouragement to go with silicone that I figured I was just imagining things. I'm glad you also found a really good doctor and are happy with your results. You definitely deserve to be happy especially with all the problems you had to deal with!
Thanks Allee! Good luck with everything:))

I think you look perfect. The larger the implants, in general, the higher the risk for complications. Plus the doctor must have felt that your skin/tissues couldn't handle the larger size. You took a leap of faith with your surgeon and it truly looks like he did a nice job.

Thanks Angie :) I really appreciate your comment and the reminder that I DID take a leap of faith after many many consultations. You made some great points and they really helped me to feel better! Thanks so much!
Oh and I e heard about when u get them under the muscle u drop and fluff? So there's still hope for you!
Did you go under? I hear when you go under you lose some of the fullness. Either way ANYTHING is better than what I looked like before LOL! I will post some before pics shortly. Hee hee. =)
I hope so! :) thanks for the encouragement!
Ya they're unders. I also thought that he would have used a larger size because of the fact that they get pushed down but he didn't.
I just hope they don't drop too much! They sit pretty low as is :( I would love more fluff and less dropping :) thanks for the encouragement!
I feel your pain, we ordered 375cc he put in 337 and on too if that I'd told them repeatedly that I wanted DD not a D like I originally said. But at least it's better to be smaller and be able to wear bras that make us bigger rather than too big and nothing we can do about it. Hope you feel better :)
Ya that's a good way to think about it. I can still wear my old size B bras which is annoying and I HATED wearing padding but maybe a simple push up wont be so bad.
I think you look great! I talked to so many girlfriends who all said they wish they went bigger .. I was going for a D and my PS originally recommended a mod profile, silicone, under 425 ccs. I ended up going with 457 ccs and I kind of hope they stay as big as they are now (DD)! Enjoy them!! :)
Yay! Congrats! I'm so glad yours turned out great! (I love hearing the happy stories).
Looking great!