Do Your Research - San Francisco, CA

The experience wasnt bad at all, a bit painful but...

The experience wasnt bad at all, a bit painful but it made me stronger and i really felt it was worth it for what i was getting. My motivation to get the fat transfer came from seeing really nice asses and knowing i deserved one also. I felt that doing the transfer would be so much better than shots. The out come has given me a negative self image, now i cant even wear a bikini because the doctor made my but look like a triangle. He didnt do a good job with the lipo and he went in threw the most visible part of my ass. Now i have two scars that look like eye balls on the ass i paid 9000.00 for. I wish i had just went to miami where the doctors know what a great ass looks like or gotten ass shots like the chics you see all over urban magazines

San Francisco Plastic Surgeon

His rate is poor because he made my body image worst than before i came to him. I found him on realself.com I would not recommend Shahin Javaheri, MD to any one that wants Brazilian butt lifts.

So sorry that you are unhappy with your procedure... I see the area which is causing problem and I don't think the BBL alone could have corrected it. You should check out Dr. Mendietas website. He has a procedure which will lift the lower cheeks creating a separation at the bottom. Good luck
good point optimisticplan, but I am sorry for that... look over your contract maybe there is a clause in your favor?
As I stated above I am aware that doctors pay to advertise. I never stated that any rating had anything to do with ratings for a fee. I am not sure how that even came into play. It is clear that each person is posting their very own personal experiences (with the exception of a few doctor plants to promote their sites which are easily identified by one or just two posts of glorifying that specific doctor.)

Also, to speak to Salama's popularity he was invited to participate on this site since so many people were going to him and had great results. In the final analysis, I think it is understood that each opinion belongs to the reviewer and each side advertisement belongs to the doctor.

Cheers!
By the way the doctors PAY a pretty penny to advertise on Real Self, so I doubt they would take them down being this is a business..

Hi ladies,

Just a little information so we're all on the same page. RealSelf does not charge doctors anything to sign-up or participate. This is a free service that doctors can sign up to, only after they have met our strict requirements, such as being board certified. We vet every doctor that chooses to sign up with us and if they do not meet strict requirements, they do not get to be listed on RealSelf. Again, all of this is free of charge to the doctors.

It is always disheartening when a surgery doesn't meet expectations. However, not everyone is going to be happy with a procedure 100% of the time. We cannot remove a doctor everytime they get one bad review. Every review is important, as it helps others to make decisions. Doctors who receive low ratings are not eligible for our "Top Doctor" designation and may, with consistently low ratings, be considered for removal from RealSelf.

You can see our requirements for doctors participating on ReaSelf, by cliking here.

If any of you have any questions, please just send me a PM and I will be happy to help.

Kirsty

I was told specifically by my doctors office that he pays for the advertising on the right side of the page where you have "Featured doctors" alternating each time the page is refreshed. Where below it says real self sponsors. Is that free??? Because I do not see all doctors being featured there. Also they were pissed because you were posting advertising on each girls blog that had not had surgery yet about another doctors presentation of BBL. I know that because you posted on my page when I had already selected a doctor and you were advertising on my page and later removed it.

As mentioned above, We do sell ad space on the site, which doctors have an opportunity to buy. However, these advertisements are clearly marked and have no influence over how the site is run, e.g. the Worth It ratings or a doctor's star rating.

Doctors can choose to advertise, but it is not mandatory. Any doctor that meets our strict guidelines can sign-up to RealSelf and participate for free.

Hope this helps clears things up! If you have anymore questions please feel free to PM me.

Thanks,

Kirsty

Realself needs to take him off here, if he's not going to have compassion and refund you at least some off your money half at lease...It's not going to break his bank at all
Totally agree with you LookBetterBody.. I feel so bad for Chinky29
Thank you, my man got me a personal trainer so maybe that will help.
I really do hate that you are going threw this...Why cant doctors just say "Im not experienced with this type of procedure" and recommend you to someone else...We will respect them more and even refer patients to them for there honesty. Dang I wish I could help you...Im still researching but think Im gonna go with salama or Jimmerson undecided...Wish we could start a donation for you or something....this is a sisterhood
Thank you, i kinda feel like he was experimenting on me when he did it. I found him on this site and when i talked to him he explained that he was the leader in BBL in NorCal. smh he got me good. orignally he wanted 11. all i can do is look and laugh at my self sometimes.
Awww.. I am so sorry you had a bad experience. You got it done in the bay? Where? I was looking into going back to my home state of Cali and get it done their, but didn't find anybody that I really liked the results or they wanted way too much $$$$$. Here in Texas the Drs charge and arm & leg and they don't know how to do it because when I went into the consultations, I asked for pictures and they either didn't have any or they only had maybe 10 to show me and that showed me that my $9,000 was not going to be spent on a good ass. I am going to Salama and I'm hoping that I love my results. Good luck girl!! You better demand some money back since you are not happy at all with your results. Print out some pictures and take them to your dr and tell him "This is an ass, you did not give me an ass! I want my money back!" Girl.. you stand up and fight that crap because obviously he didn't do a job you expected him to do. Wish u nothing but the best!! Make his ass look bad on here so he looses some business with a sloppy job he did. Make his ass look bad!!
So sorry to hear. Can u file a complaint and also have u checked with the doctor for a revision or something? My heart aches for you because that is a lot of money u invested. Then to top it off u cant live being insecure. Please dont let him get away with it
So what kind of accountability is he accepting? You have an unacceptable outcome and should be refunded. You should make him accept responsibility...
How?
I wish my Sorry's would make it all better. But I am truely sorry. He should not be able to perform or touch anyone again. This can be so devestating to a woman.. especially when you go in thinking you are in great hands and you want a new more beautiful you. UGh I'm so sorry.
Thank you. Yeah he really had my hopes up.
Im sooo sorry this happened to you! :-(, he should be banned from that pratice and atleast willing to give some of your money back!. I agree with phatty cakes 100%!!! If you can afford it I would consider "dr salama" he is not as cheap as before due to his praised work and recent popularity but I've read that he had fixed ladies with similar issues (corrective bbl). If you can think about it, is there a price to happiness, or confidence? No girl and you deserve another round for no one else but you!
I can but we are looking at buying a house now. Im going to save on the side and work out and see how i feel in a few months.
Sorry love this just infuriates me. I feel for you deeply...i know money plays a huge factor and you cant delay your life either... i wish i was extra paid to help you (i would) where's OPRAH?,she would demolish his practices in a heart beat! he should pay for what he did to you....and the sad part is he's still out there, could u imagine right now he could be on a consult w/ another poor girl 9,18, 36 grand later...seriously he should give some of your money back :( or report him to the BBB!!!
Hey Chinky29! Girl I'm not trying to preach, BUT there is ALWAYS hope and perserverance! I live in NYC and you would think the doctors up here would be up on the BBL's but EH, WRONG! I actually had the BBL done locally and the doctor only put 50 ccs' in each cheek,WTF! So I KNOWWWWW the frustration of having to think damn I'm screwed and I laid out some good hard earned cash! Fortunately, I didn't allow that nonsense to hold me back. I immediately started doing EVENMore research and came back across Dr. Salama (after seeing him the first time, but not wanted to go out of the state - wasn't chosen). Now a year later I am 5 days away from traveling to Aventura, Fl to have the procedure done correctly! Don't let this a$$hole stop you from loving your body girl! Do what you have to and IF and ONLY IF, you can afford to do it again then Hey GO FOR IT! Life is too short to be unhappen. Good luck and Best Wishes! P.S. I agree with the other girls DO NOT GO BACK TO THE SAME DOC. Chances are he won't know how to fix his screw-up because he did even know how to do it the first time around!
sorry correction *unhappy* - I knew something looked wrong, lol! :)
Im actually from Spanish harlem and we looked at doctors before we moved to the bay and didnt really like what i saw. I have no plans on letting him fix shit. I looked at Dr Jimerson in atlanta and a few other doctors. But its so much other stuff i could have done with that money and i may lose it if i got fucked over again.
i understand completely girl! I know for myself this is something ive been obessessing over the past 2-3 years and their is almost a feeling of incomplete if i do not get this done! regardless, i wish you all the best whichever route you decide to choose!