LOVE,LOVE,LOVE!! MY Fat Transfer! - San Diego, CA

I can't tell you enough wonderful things about...

I can't tell you enough wonderful things about my fat trxs. I was able to tell immediately that it worked.

Healing was not bad for me. I was virtually in no pain where the fat trans. was on my eyes. There were no lumps or bumps, no (crawly bug feelings) and as of today it's all still where it was intended to be and I think looks great! Because I had other work done as well and at the same time, My healing may of taken a few days longer than just a fat trans by itself.

I apologize! This was my first time posting on...

I apologize! This was my first time posting on this website. The photos that were up, were not intended for my before and afters. In fact, they were not even of me. I never intended to mislead anyone. I do really feel like I look not as old, hopefully you'll be able to see the difference with the actual photos of me.
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Doctor Karam only works on Faces, so I felt quite confident in him after doing tons of research and in interviewing others. He is AMAZING, he's not all talk, he knows what will work with your facial features and what won't. He is honest and will not try to make you into something your not! I'm a licensed esthetician, so for me I'm very particular with who works on my face, from my facials to who does my fillers, to actual surgery. Hands down, he had the best bedside manner, as well as the best surgical mind and hands! he answered all questions we had in depth if we needed it. After Care was AMAZING. Both phone and email responses are immediate, the staff is beautiful inside as well as out. The pricing was totally fair. The Staff plan for your visit, so wait times were NEVER a issue. My after photo was taken yesterday, a year and a half after the before photo you see! AMAZING! I couldn't be happier!!!!

What exactly did you have done? You mentioned you had other procedures done as well. Did you also have fat removed from your under eye area or did they just become less swollen? I read a lot of reviews and most of them done on the face are regretting the fat transfer they had done. Did you have transfer or grafting? Thanks
You mentioned you had other procedures done at the same time. What were those? Did you have fat removed from your eyes? They looked a lot less swollen afterwards. Where exactly was the fat added and was it grated or transferred? i'm amazed because I've followed many tales and so many people regret having it done, so I gave up on trying to have it done. I was also told I needed to gain weight to enable me to have enough fat.
Aloha~ Wondering, did you have other procedures done in addition to the transfer? Your results look fab ... is this what patients could expect from solely a transfer? ALSO, what makeup are you using? You skin tone/color is different in the before/after shots. You look luminous now ... thinking it's more than just a great tan :) Mahalo for sharing!
wow you look fantastic! thanks for sharing.
wow you look amazing! congrats and thanks for sharing.
Fat grating does work and I hear lasts longer than other fillers. I had facelift March 14/2012 with fat grafting in the nasal labial folds ( really worked) and fat transfers under the face orbital bone. It lifted my cheeks and gave my face volume which is incredible for age 60.
Doctor took it from my eyelids as I had my upper/lower eyelids done. Amazing results .
is it just a fat transfer ? or lower blepharoplasty at the same time ? thanks for sharing and you look very strong woman .......
You look FANTASTIC! Easily ten years younger, very fresh. The before and after is almost like mother and daughter. I hope that my procedure goes as well as yours!
I had FG done under local anesthetic X 2--no problems at all. Gen Anesthetic seems too much for such a simple procedure. Just Chill out and HOLD STILL.
You look terrific and transfer took years off. Can this be done under local anaesthetic, and can u tell me how much u paid???
I would like to know what is better recommended for the temple area: Radiesse or own fat. Thank you
Oh, I love your new look. And most important you feel good.I'm so happy for you. Maybe one day I'll go one to see Dr. K. Enjoy your new YOU :-]
You look great--Another FG success. I too had a really good result, and am a fan of fat grafting, but my PS does it in 3 steps, 4 or so mo apart. Pain= next to none. Everything takes time--no pt should expect a 2 week verdict. My face looks much better, but I also had a small lift (preauricular). My question & photo are on here (SEE: Fat Graft Healing, and an answer from Dr Blinski--that varies a bit from my surgeon's input) My friends say I look REALLY good, but natural. Heck, I am in my 60s and a 45 yr old asked me out! Haha
Wow! You look sooo pretty. Thank you for posting. I am considering this procedure too.
you look fantastic!
Thank you! I feel it! : )
You look FANTASTIC.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Thanks. I think that is the hardest thing going from one doctor to another who wouldn't even admit that laser can cause this damage. I left two offices already because they said that this MUST have been caused by some other reason.Even if I show them my pictures. If they do not admit to the cause of the damage how can I expect them to be able to treat it?Too often you see them offer another type of laser! Heck no that's when I leave......
I've not needed to go back at all. I do however go get Botox injections around my eye and forehead as needed which over time has been less and less, which is wonderful!
My recovery time was relatively quick, my stitches were in approx. 5 days and soon as they came out I healed really quick! The only pain I had was when I woke up from surgery, I remember burning. My husband asked if they could give me some pain meds, and by the time I was home, my burning was gone, and never had any pain after that. The most important thing is that you stay ahead of the pain with your meds. Take them as prescribed, don't miss a dose, then start weening yourself off when appropriate. I was swollen for the first year or so, but only I and my immediate family knew that. I was at a wedding a few months after surgery and non of my relatives knew I had had the surgery. They thought I looked refreshed and possibly gained weight, but they were shocked when I told them, I have family who are not shy about speaking up either. So it was a real testament to my surgery.
Check out your doctors references, call them ask for photos. People call me all the time from my doctors office.
Thank you that is wonderful you had great results.
Amazing....easily 10-15 years younger!!
Can either one of you tell me what you have learned or what I should be looking for? I am in Florida, but have looked at Dr. Lam in Texas since he is suppose to be one of the best. What about cost and how many times do you have go back at least what you went through personally such as recover time, bruising, and pain? Thanks for your input
Dr. Tzikas is in Florida. He is a pioneer but likes to overfill. I have no personal experience with him but know of 2 girls with laser damage that he helped restore. One girl is 5 years out and looks perfect!!
i think you look beautiful!! i have done fat transfer and i love it myself! the doctor i chose to go to is dr sydney coleman in newyork he is great also:)