Male Lipo of Abdomen/Flanks - San Diego, CA

34 y/o military male - Went through with...

34 y/o military male - Went through with liposuction of the flanks/abdominal area because I wanted a head start on changing the shape of my body to go along with an arduous workout regimen. For a while I was about 210 lbs and regardless of how much I worked out, I never saw much change in my "love handles."

A little over a month out since the surgery, I have no love handles and stay right around 200 lbs. My goal is to get to, and maintain 185 lbs. Lipo is NOT a choice for weight loss reasons and a good doctor (like mine) will not recommend or perform surgery if that is your goal. Lipo is however a body sculpting technique that when combined with proper nutrition and exercise can combine for AWESOME results.

I had minimal post-op pain, some bruising that goes away within a couple of weeks and no bleeding at all. You see and feel the results immediately and more and more with every day that passes. The swelling after surgery initially fools you into thinking there wasn't much change, but give it time and you will see. Worth every penny to me - but put in the post-op work to maintain and get the results you truly want.

Hey how long did it take for you to see results or for swelling to subside, cause i still have a big belly and its been while since the surgery.

Welcome to RealSelf, USMCRUGGER, and thanks for sharing your lipo experience. It's always nice to hear the male perspective on body contouring. If you don't mind, we'd love to see photos of your results too. :)

San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Dr. P finds a way to make each patient feel like the most important part of his day. He has a number of clients, but makes you feel like his only one. Very attentive, patient and informative - and gives you very blunt answers about expectations. My experience was great because I asked a lot of questions and followed every piece of pre/post care advice Dr.P provided. Dr. P's staff was remarkably friendly and attentive to the needs of the patients and potential patients. They are another reason visits to his office are actually an enjoyable experience. You feel like you are with friends that care about you. I look forward to going back after 3 months for photos and will post before/after shots after that visit. If you are truly thinking about lipo, from a male's perspective... give Dr. P a visit. He even gave me a 10% discount on Surgeon's fees out of respect for my military service.