Good Experience with Rhinoplasty for Deviated Septum, Bent Bridge and Hooked End

I was having repeat sinus infections due to a...

I was having repeat sinus infections due to a deviated septum. Since I had to get surgery to fix that anyway, and since my nose did not conform to general ideals of beauty (slight bend in the bridge and hooked end), it just made sense to opt for cosmetic procedures.

It's unreasonable to expect one procedure to drastically change appearance unless there is a deformity. However, in my case, my nose was the one feature that was distinctly unattractive. The procedure has definitely improved my overall appearance and has had tangible, though not life-changing, effects. The minimal downtime and discomfort (about two weeks of crap in my nose) were definitely worth the outcome. Summary: short-term costs with moderate benefits accrued over the long-term and low risk= high reward to cost ratio.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Highly recommended. He's certainly not the cheapest surgeon around, but when you're getting work on something as prominent as the nose, it's really important to go for quality. In my experience, his aesthetics emphasize a natural look to the shape of the nose such that he errs on the conservative side. Unless you are going for the Michael Jackson look, this is the sense of beauty that someone operating on your face ought to have. Office environment is comfortable, well-designed (ostensibly by him, though I have doubts), and the staff are really hot and really nice. At the end of the day, none of that matters because what you want is a good result. However, it makes the process very comfortable.