Don't Waste Your Money! - San Diego, CA

I had gone to see about getting a face lift, and,...

I had gone to see about getting a face lift, and, at the MD's advice, had a full face fat transfer instead. It looked fabulous for the first 3 months! As month 6 approached, I was watching it all disappear, day by day. At 1 year, zero results, and that's when it was supposed to be best. And I spent all that money! I went back to my doctor, and his staff just told me how good I look. Before having it done, they made it sound like if I wasn't satisfied, the MD would re-do it. This was not offered. And no discount on a face lift was offered either. I have been paying for fillers ever since, and so upset about wasting so much money. So, my suggestion: Don't waste your money!

I had fat transfer by him about 2 years ago. 90% of fat was gone after about 2 months. I went back and complained and was told he could do some resty and give me a discount for it. Really? After all the $ I just paid he is now charging me for resty. The reason I wanted to do fat transfer was because I wanted to stop resty cause it was a bit bumpy and uneven. I had it done and will never go back to him again. I thought it was really strange too that before pics were taken and no after pics were. Ummmm what's up with that? I guess the one thing I'm thankful for is that even though I paid over 8,000 for basically nothing I did not come out disfirgured or worse. Oh and also told me my face will the fat will look the best around my eyes after 2 years. Total BS!!!
Yes! And he told me the restylene for my giant cheek dent from the fat transfer would be permanent.
The only negative reviews I hear about Dr. Karam is that the fat goes away, which is better than it being lumpy and horrible. But I'm curious, has anyone had a fat transfer from him in which their face DID become lumpy and uneven? I'd like to get a fat transfer but I don't want to get one that will cause any disfigurement - out of the two evils, I'd rather get one where the fat fades after time.
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr and staff very nice, but the procedure was a failure, and it feels like a win-lose: The Dr. wins, and I lose. I do not feel like I got my money's worth at all. Wish i hadn't let myself be talked into this procedure. Must be a money-maker or easier for the doc compared to face lift. Feel the staff tried to convince me I got results I did not get, kind of manipulative. Very disappointed and unhappy, out $8000 for nothing.