Waiting on Results... - San Diego, CA

I had Ultherapy performed three weeks ago on my...

I had Ultherapy performed three weeks ago on my neck and face. I only wanted my "turkey neck" addressed, but my first doctor, the lead partner of the team, recommended that I not "pick and choose" parts to treat, that having the procedure on both areas would give me optimal results on my neck. He encouraged me to have some filler injected on my cheeks as well, but I decided to pass on that until I see what the ultherapy does.

I was able to schedule an appointment for the following week. On the day of the procedure, numbing cream was applied one hour prior by a very sweet and professional nurse. I was given a Percocet tablet half-hour prior, and then was given a slightly painful Demerol injection in my upper left shoulder a few minutes prior to the procedure. I was told that they drew magic marker guidelines on my face, which were later wiped clean.

I must say that the hour my second doctor told me she spent working on me FLEW by! I barely felt ANYTHING! The sensation was akin to a linear series of tiny pin-pricks with each placement of the wand. My doctor was careful to treat both sides of my face with the same number of "passes". Afterwards, happy that the worst part of it all was the apprehension, I had only a SLIGHT redness, and was still a bit numb from the cream.

I took photos before the procedure, and also that night which I will post later. I was told it would take 3-6 months for the results to really show. I am hopeful.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Although it took a week for a follow-up call, I must say that my doctor is awesome! I am SURE that I will be happy with the final results, and am investigating fraxel for my arms and chest area next.