TT July 1st - Counting Down the Days - San Diego, CA

I'm 57, I have 5 grown children and 12...

I'm 57, I have 5 grown children and 12 grandchildren to date - Dr Pousti did my BA and lift, August 2012, and he did a beautiful job! After 10 months I still have a hard time believing they belong to me! I have wanted a TT for over 25 years, but being a single mom with 5 kids it was just a dream, financially my kids came first. Now, on July 1st my dream of a TT will come true, thanks to a very special man in my life.
I'm 5'3 and 112 Ibs - I workout and eat healthy but no matter how much I exercise my tummy won't get flat! I have stretch marks mostly below my belly button and baby #5 was an emergency C-Section - so I have the scar with the pouch above. Having a scar doesn't bother me, I just want my tummy flat!
I've had my surgery scheduled since the middle of February. I'm an office manager for a large medical group so in order to take several weeks off I needed to schedule when Drs were out- thus the 4th of July week. I had my clearance, with blood work and EKG the end of April and I my Pre-op on June 10th. I got my RX's filled. Now I'm working on my to do lists. I know the days are going to fly by!
I live in So. OC - about 1 1/2 hours from the surgery center. So we will be staying in SD the night before and 2 nights following my surgery - Dr Pousti is so kind and caring he is actually going to come to my hotel Tuesday and Wednesday to check on me before heading for home. We thought it would be easier and lessen the stress to be close by the first couple days, I stayed in a hotel for a night following my BA / Lift and went to his office before heading home. It worked out perfectly.
The next 2 weeks are going to fly by - This week I need to tell 3 of my sons and their wives, they won't be surprised they know I was hoping to have it done this summer. They were surprised that I opted for the BA before the TT - My daughter in laws will be envious!

3 days post op

First let me say that Dr Pousti and his nurses and Dr Linda were the greatest, they were very attentive to my needs and making sure I was comfortable, they answered any questions I had. I felt calm and at ease knowing i was in such good hands. The first day I had very little discomfort but was taking my meds and also using the pain pump I slept off and on and had nausea most of the day - that was the worst part. I did try a some frozen yogurt and it worked the best for me. PO day 1 I ate fruit and frozen yogurt and drank smart water, sleeping off and on, with very little discomfort . That evening Dr Pousti stopped by the hotel and said i was doing great, more like being at a PO day 4 - so that made me feel good- PO 2 headed for home 1.5 hours away and stopped the Valium just taking the oxy and my keflex. My drains are light peach / pink and after 12 hours they were slightly over 25cc. I ate a little better , fruit and a small amount of grilled salmon and green beans. I'm Using my walker for walking and have a memory foam head and foot rest with a couple extra pillows and I'm very comfy.Today I'm getting up to go to the bathroom, without needing assistance from anyone other than my trusty walker. My boyfriend has been so wonderful and when he can't be here my son and daughter help me out. I am scheduled to go back earlier next week, since I live a distance trying to work it so all my drains can be removed. Thinking about switching over to extra strength Tylenol later today. Keep you posted just taking it easy and things are going way better than I expected- I haven't noticed much different from this and my BA and lift!!

Pictures

Not much to show and tell :) I will post after my Dr appointment next week. Right now all you can see is drains and my band :)

4 days post op

My last oxy was at 11:30pm last night - I switched over to extra strength Tylenol this morning. After 13 hr I emptied my drains this morning and my right was about 20 and my left about 24. I was able to bend over my kitchen sink (good thing it is lower) and carefully wash my hair. I know I will have no baths for several weeks So I just use little wipes on my legs and arms. I have been wearing long strapless dresses - one of the nurses in the surgery center recommended the dresses when she called me before my surgery - that was one of the best suggestions I've had. so i went right out and bought 3 soft cotton strapless dresses and have been wearing nothing else since my surgery. BTW I have skipped the granny panties - I'm just not wearing any!
My wrap has gotten annoying its big on me and keeps riding up and I have to keep pulling it down. When DR P office calls today I'm going to see if I can make it a little tighter. I'm eating lots of fruits, veggies, staying away from processed foods. I'm doing great not really much discomfort my memory foam head rest and foot rest are very comfortable! - it will be good to get the drains out but that won't be until next week sometime. So for now I'm relaxing, reading, watching movies and doing things that normally I'm to busy to do:)

9 Day PO

Ya whoo!!! All my drains were removed, and I got a good look at my tummy. Dr. Pousti's hands are magical! I'm so excited i I can't believe how flat I am even though I know I'm swollen. My incision looks really good it was cleaned and surgical pads were taped over it.
Feeling really good, doing a lot of walking but taking it easy. I'm taking my keflex and extra strength tylenol or Advil as I need it. Go back for my 2 week PO 7/16. Here's a few pics.

15 Days PO

I had my 2 week PO with Dr Pousti today, my incision looks great, I need to continue wearing my spanx and to walk hunched over so I don't put stress on my incision, I want to keep it as thin as possible so I am following his instructions and making sure that i don't over do it! i can take quick showers but need to keep my incision as dry as I can, so for now I am going to wash my hair in the sink so I don't get my incision too wet. I've been off oxy and Valium since PO day. 4 so Yippee, now I am able to drive! This past week i was starting to go stir crazy at times so tomorrow I am driving to get my nails done. :) i get to start using the stationary bicycle and the treadmill at a slow pace, I'm used to working out so I'm very happy about that too. He also said i can please my honey now, and have some fun in the bedroom. ;) he's been such a good sport and so supportive, i couldn't have done this without him. I am more swollen this evening because of my 1.5 hour drive to and from San Diego but all in all I feel really good, and I'm amazed at how fast I have recovered. I go back to work on Monday, will try and get things organized for the week because I have a feeling when I get home I'm just going to want to rest. My next PO is 7/29 but Dr Pousti said to call if I have any questions. I cant say enough about his office staff , they call and follow up with me almost daily! Late Tomorrow we leave for 4 days in Vegas - a little relaxation before Heading back to the real world. Will post more pics later in the week.
It's a great feeling to be on the flat side! I am so happy I did it!

Almost 5 weeks PO TT and I'm very excited and happy with my new look!!

Almost 5 weeks PO feeling really good, this weekend I felt back to normal I ran errands, did laundry, cleaned my house (carefully)) redid my flower pots, went to my granddaughters swim meet and then to lunch. Also was told at my 4 week post po that i could work out with 5lb weights now so I added that along with the treadmill and bicycle to my work out today. I am wearing my spanx and still cover my incision with surgical pads as I still have some areas of scabbing, But no open areas, my BB is healing nicely. I am very happy with my results! And i know they will just get better! I am still swollen and know i will be for quite awhile. My ass is still MIA :) i am eating healthy and try really hard to avoid sodium and salt- I never used a recliner, still using my memory foam wedge and sleeping on my back, once in a while I go over to my side. Lucky for me I haven't had much problem sleeping. I've been back to work for 2 full weeks, the first week I worked and came home and rested. I listened to my body and did nothing but rest last weekend. The second week at work got easier. For me mentally I think it helped to go back to work and gradually ease into my normal routine. That third week at home was getting to me! I still listen to my body, I'm almost standing straight up, but not completely. Dr Pousti said by my 6th week I should be, I'm probably being overly cautious but I want to make sure I don't put added stress on my incision. I think I was one of the lucky ones, my recovery has been much easier than I thought it would be. My next appointment will be for my 8 week PO. Dr Pousti is one in a million, he's a very busy surgeon but I have always felt like I am his only patient! His office staff is great, very friendly and caring. My faith and trust is in Dr Pousti and I wouldn't go anywhere else!

4.5 Months PO TT and 14 Months PO BA and Lift

“I had such an awesome experience with Dr Pousti and his staff that when I had my BA and lift 14+ months ago and decided to proceed with a TT, there was never a question on who I would want to perform my surgery.
“Besides being an amazing surgeon, with magical hands, the special treatment i received from Dr P and his staff always made me feel like i was his only patient, even though I knew differently! I still can’t believe the body I look at in the mirror belongs to me!” If you are considering plastic surgery I strongly recommend you check out Dr Pousti's website - he is worth traveling for!
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Dr Pousti is truly an amazing surgeon he listens to what you want, to your concerns and takes the time to answer your questions. He is very caring, and goes the extra mile to make sure his patients are happy with their results. After my BA and lift his office staff called me everyday for 2 weeks to make sure I was doing OK and didn't have questions. I had such an awesome experience with him and his staff that there was never a question on who I would want to do my TT.