The Gift of a Lifetime - San Diego, cA

I've struggled with obesity the majority of my...

I've struggled with obesity the majority of my life. In 2007, when I was 21 years old I decided to fight for my life. I was at a high of 356 plus pounds and I decided to enter the journey of winning back a life for myself. Since then, I have lost 180 pounds, NATURALLY. A lady found my story online and sent it to Dr. Pousti. I was seeking a pro-bono surgery after losing the weight but I could not afford. it. Dr. Pousti, was so proud of the effort that I have put in that he is gifting this surgery to me. I am so overwhelmed by his love and generosity. His staff has been amazing, warm, and welcoming. Dr. Pousti makes me feel like I am his only patient and that I am important to care for. I thank God that He brought such an amazing surgeon my way! I will finally be able to experience the fruit of all of my labor. I get to experience life without the excess skin on my stomach. I am so overwhelmed, too overwhelmed for words.

Welcome to the community.

This is your week and we will be thinking about you and waiting for an update.

So, my surgery was on September 24th and it's...

So, my surgery was on September 24th and it's almost been a month since the date. Time has just gone by so fast. I must say this has been quite a journey but pros have out-weighted the cons. I am still swollen from the surgery but my swelling has drastically decreased. Every week I just get smaller and smaller. I have been blessed with an amazing support system and I must say if you are going to do the surgery, make sure you have people in place to assist you and care for your during this time because for the first couple of weeks you can't do much for yourself at all.

Pros:
-i have have to look down and see what i call my "second stomach" ever again
-Dr. Pousti and his staff are so wonderful to me that I feel like I have a new extension to my heart and family
-Physically, I feel much better and am progressing quicker than I anticipated. I was told that has a lo to do with the fact that I worked out and took care of my body prior to surgery
-i get to look forward to go shopping for bathing suits and pretty underwear :-)
-I AM FREE

Cons:
-some sleepless nights due to uncomfortable sleeping positions
-pain (but the medication takes care of that)
-remaining in the hunched over position and walking with a walker but i've gotten pretty used to it
What a blessing!!! You desearve it!!! You worked so hard!! Congrats!! How are you feeling now??
Awww thank you. i am 7 weeks post-.surgery and im feeling good. i am back to driving, working and exercising. still recovery but overall, i am good.
wow I bet you were soo happy you must feel like your living a dream!! I think you had mentioned that in your story I still do myself. You look absolutley amazing!!!

I am just over 5 months since my tummy tuck and I...

I am just over 5 months since my tummy tuck and I am feeling really well. I went to visit Dr. Pousi a week ago and he is very please with how well I am recovering. My incision is completely healed, no scabs left. I am keeping my weight down. Maintenance is hard but it is worth it. I am realizing that just because I had the surgery does not mean that I am not required to continue to eat well and exercise. That is probably the hardest part of the journey, continuing, but it is worth it in the end. My workouts consist of mostly cardio. I am still not released to do heavy lifting yet but I try to stay toned in my upper body by doing push ups.

This surgery is probably one of the best decisions I have made in my life so far. After losing 180 pounds and still having excess skin, I felt like I was trapped and not able to fully experience the benefits of the effort I had put in. So, I am happy and grateful.

To follow my journey and know more about how I am keeping up post-surgery, feel free to watch my YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thequeenliana
Congrats!! You look amazing:)
You have came a long way.....you look amazing...I already follow you on you tube.. Follow me on YouTube at txstylelady, I'm doing my journey also...keep you the great work...
You look amazing!! Congratulations on your success!!!!!

1 Year Update

So, it's been just over a year since Dr. Pousti has done my surgery and I FEEL GREAT! I am back to my routine of exercise and fitness. Of course I have to keep my eating habits in place to continue to enjoy the benefits of my body. It's not easy. It still requires discipline and consistency BUT it is worth it! I am grateful for the work that has been done and I highly recommend Dr. Pousti and his staff to any and everyone!
Wow you are amazing .looking wonderful.
Such an inspiring story and an awesome good hearted doctor that did the surgery.....you look awesome
Wow WELL DONE you look amazinggggggg
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

An amazing nurse from Kaiser found my story on the internet and sent it to Dr. Pousti, after doing all of her research one finding an amazing surgeon. Dr. Pousti reached out to means the rest has been history. In one week I will be getting my surgery. A dream come true! Since the surgery, Dr. Pousti has treated me A-class. I feel very welcomed and safe when I am around him. He handles me with great care and comfort. I've never in my life experienced at doctor like Dr. Pousti. Beyond the fact that he did an amazing job on the actual surgery, he is so adamant about reminding of my value and beauty which are independent of the surgery. All in all he is simply amazing.