Tummy Tuck & 6 Areas of Lipo (Sides, Lower Back & Upper Back) - San Diego, CA

After having 3 children all by C-Section ages...

After having 3 children all by C-Section ages 14,12 & 4 I was left with a saggy tummy and was completely unable to get rid of the fat and scar tissue no matter how much I exercised. So I decided I was going to do something about it!

After years of the maybe I want it maybe I don't I said " OK I going for IT"
The Day of my Surgery
I was terrified reading all the horror stories about the what ifs scared me to death. My advice talk to your doctor about your fears before you read online!

I went in for surgery at 7am was in and out of the facility and home by by 3pm. My surgery lasted 4 hours the rest of the time was spent in recovery. I do not remember much except bits and pieces of conversation from the recovery stay I was completely out of it thank goodness my husband was there to take notes. I spent all day in bed (Meaning Recliner) because I had a catheter in for the first 24 hours.

Day 2:

I was scheduled to return to my doctors office to have my catheter removed and check on my wounds. Yes I thought this was crazy too 24 hours after surgery ugh you have to be kidding!!!! The pain killers helped as I strolled down my stairs into my SUV. All in All things went great I was asked to return in 2 weeks. I was told to take it easy and not to do anything that would cause strain. I was also told I could shower on day 3 but no baths until 4 weeks!

Tip:
Key Advice that helped me for Showering:
Showering with Drains now everyone has different ways some doctors will tell you yes others no.
Lucky for me my doctor was pro shower! :) If yours is to I learned a trick with the drains and how to safely and easily attach them so you can shower with ease! Tie a shoelace or string around you neck so it hangs below your breast line above you belly button and pin the drains to it makes it so easy keep it on until you dry off and replace your binder then pin them back on your binder!

Tip:

Adding comfort to the pulling pains on the drain holes:

I found that adding extra gauze under my binder around the drain holes allowed less pulling and tugging. Trust me this will drive you nuts!

Tip: Before surgery stop by Walmart or GNC and buy a huge tub of Protein Powder I had 1 shake everyday mixed with water for less fat made me feel like a new women and allowed for better scar healing.

Day 3-13

This was the worst from all the days getting around was hard my repaired mid-line hurt the most the actual scar line was a piece of cake! Truthfully the pain was minimal in that area most likely because I knew what to expect due to my c-sections.
I developed blisters on my incision line under the strip tape they were gross I called my doctor and he advised me to pop safely because if I don't they will get bigger then clean and apply NEOSPORIN.
I ended up having to go in to the office and get my steristrip removed due to an allergic reaction to the tape at 10 days the good part was my scar was able to dry up easy and by 10 days my stitches could be removed! I truly believe this helped me heal faster.

I still could not stand up straight I have heard that is a good thing though meaning expect to be much tighter after you are healed.

Tip: Do not let swelling control your emotions I felt depressed and kept asking why I did this to myself! I promise it gets better.

Day 14:

Post OP 2 weeks yes I have made it this far. Time for my check up and bye bye drains. OMG Hurts like heck I am not even going to begin to lie to you this was by far the worst part the drain removal sucks.

Tip 3: Take a pain pill at least 1 hour before because if you don't beware!

Tip 4: Have a lazy boy I could not sleep in my own bed for 3 1/2 weeks not because I did not want to but because it was too hard on my tummy and sides.

At 2-4 weeks PO I was still having a hard time getting around for long periods.

4 Weeks PO:

This was when things started to change it was like an internal clock went off and poof your feeling healed! I woke up and was able to do things again I started light cardio this week (Nothing that put pressure on my Midline) I did walking and lifted 2lbs weights to exercise my arms.

This is also when I noticed a big change in my waist line I have gone down 2 sizes and feel more confident and can now see what all the others meant by don't let the swelling blues get you down there is a light at the end of recovery.

I am so glad I did this and glad I could share my experience.

New Photos

5 1/2 Weeks PO

Scars still red keeping up the Mederma daily! Swelling is horrible today but might as well post anyway :) it's always good to see the entire picture of what your getting into and what to expect!

pics

Today Marks 6 Weeks PO...YES

I should have added this in my first section and have been asked what my stats were before surgery.
I am 5'5
Before weight 157.4lbs
Size 9 or 7
Post Op Weight 152.4 @6weeks
Size 5 or 7

Right after surgery I was 163 all water weight and swelling. ..totally sucked

2 Days Post Operation Pics w/drains

I know I am doing this backwards sorry but I realized that I did not upload any pre op or pics with drains. So here they are. 1 of the photos shows that gross blister I was referring to in an earlier post.

7 weeks PO and feel like I am going backwards

Feeling like my side and flanks should be thining out but I still look like I have a huge Muffin Top I did have lipo done there but I am getting discouraged that it will not improve!
Dr. Alavi

Amazing Doctor! Absolute Perfectionist! I had several consultations with well renowned PS in the area before I choose my doctor. The deal breaker for me besides the Before and After pictures was the genuine care in my needs from him and his staff truly hearing me and my goals wanting the best for me as an individual. I would recommend him to anyone you will not be disappointed! Himself and his staff are A+++

First of all thanks for the nice comments on my review! Second...WOW..you look fantastic! Your incision is so neat and straight...love it. I think we are about the same PO..right around 6 weeks. I am finally starting to feel better at my lipo sites...seems to take forever. Still a bit numb though in those areas, are you feeling the same? I agree with you about the month time frame, that's when things started to turn the corner for me also. :)
Thank you so much! Yes the liposuction is taking forever it is still numb I also sometimes have a burning sensation like the skin is being ripped off if I make a sudden movement. I had Power Assisted Lipo I wonder if the type makes a difference in how you heal and feel after.
I get the burning sensation also! Whew..that's good to know. It's getting better though each day.
You are looking great it's nice to have a feel for whats to come, my ps explained the staying bent over keeps your scar from stretching out keeps the tummy tight, I'm two days PO, looking forward to 2 months.. Btw I started the protein bars & shakes two weeks before & will continue we shall see... Thanks again for the post
Hi Cute Grandma. The time flies by before you know it 4 weeks will come and go. As for being bent over as I healed I realized you do not really have a choice I physically could not stand because I was so tightly pulled! The protein just made me feel better all around between the powder and greek yogurts
I enjoyed reading your review. Your progress looks promising and encouraging for me. Thanks for the tip about the protein shake too. and yes the place where the drain is hurts like heck. I snapped my drain to ahead band around my wrist and upon removing it after showering it dropped and boy did that hurt.so I am most definitely adding more padding around that area.
Renee8322 Oh man ouch ugh I hated the drains when they are gone everything is less painful. Wishing you well can't wait to see the progress.
Your review was very helpful. Thank you and congrats!!