So Sore Post-op Liposuction on my Abs and Love Handles - San Diego, CA

Hi everyone. I had awake liposuction just 3 days...

Hi everyone. I had awake liposuction just 3 days ago. I thought I would be able to return to work within a day or two but it looks like I need a few more days off to recover. I won a free lipo contest offered by Pacific Lipo in San Diego, CA. My procedure was as good as it can get in my opinion. Rod Davis PA did my procedure while I was awake and fully aware. I had my upper, lower abdomen and love handles done. The procedure was easy for me with very minimal discomfort. I was given a very tight garment which I wear all day long but I switch to a fitting spanx type garment when sleeping since the garment I was given digs into my sides and wounds from the incisions, which cause me more swelling, bunching and pain. So far, I am sore but still able to get around the house at a slow pace. I can drive but use an extra pillow so I can have extra back support. I hope to go back to work in another few days and hope the pain gets better quickly :) So far, I am very happy with my results. My tummy and love handle fat are now a thing of the past. My skin is really tightening up as well. I am still a bit lumpy in a few places but that is normal for a few weeks. Anyone else had this procedure and have advice on the garment being way too tight?

Its now been 7 weeks since my procedure and I love...

Its now been 7 weeks since my procedure and I love my results!!!!!!!! Still get swollen at tines and I am still a bit tender on my sides but it's so worth it. Doc just gave me permission to exercise again so I am super happy!!
Pacific Lipo

Did a lot of research on this provided before hand and even won a contest to have my liposuction done for free!! Rod Davis was very caring and made sure I was comfortable the entire procedure. I

Magic....u look really AMAZING....great results!!!
Wow you are so lucky to win this, and "luckier" to look so good
Saw my doc and now have permission to exercise. Yippee!!!!!!!!! I added a few after pics as well for everyone to see. I am very happy with my results so far. I still have some loose skin and I am hoping that will continue to tighten up a bit over time as I continue to heal :)
hello magickmomma- i'm glad to hear your progress. it's definitely encouraging! rod davis performed my upper/lower abs and chin lipo in mid october. this past monday, 7 wks post op, i returned for lipo of my love handles/flanks... though unlike you, i am not healing as quickly with the swelling from my first procedures. note to self: massage, massage, massage, and always wear compression garment. been offline a lot since my first review, but will soon post my own progress from both procedures. -kj
I am one month post-op and still have hard fluid areas under my skin.....kind of lumpy. Is this normal??
hey magic...missed ya :) I am 5 wk and still have hard areas and some lumps on my belly...dont LIKE at all...it mostly on the right side of my belly and belly button area and I am still SWOLLEN...I am being told its normal...I see my Dr Monday and I am gonna question this...so I will keep u posted...I HATE IT...how are u feeling otherwise? Still wearing ur garment? I did lose 8-10lbs though depending on what scale I use at home...but if u see my pics...still not liking my profile of belly....I will keep u posted on what doc says to me....take care hun
Yes. He told me to keep wearing my garment day and night which I hate. I lost 15 pounds which is good. I am also swollen and feels like a lot of fluid under my skin. my hard, lumpy areas are above and below my belly button and on the sides/love handles. Still sore when I try and rub them :(
Magic...im still sore too...but I try to massage as often as I can...I moved into the stage 2 garment..no zippers and I can wear my own bra..so a lil more comfy...and I am still wearing 24/7 with exception of washing and showering of course...love handles not too bad for me though I did ice them last nite...sore for some reason...I also feel the same way u do...so we are in this TOGETHER...lol...keep me posted...check out stage 2 garments....
my tummy is still hard, swollen and lumpy in a few places as well as puffy. I am 2 weeks post-op liposuction on my abdomen. Is this normal??
How u feeling Magic....Happy? Liking ur results? Hope all is going well.... :)
i also went to pacific lipo i think i might go back
Hey..I know I am a little late to the party but I just had this done 2 weeks ago (my belly..upper and lower) and then my flanks, and whole back. I am totally swollen and yes I am wearing compression garments. I do have some lumps and bumps on my belly and it is hard hard hard...I only have 8 total holes in my body which is excellent and only 6 needed to be stitched up. I go back tomorrow for removal of the stitches. My Doc and his team were amazing but again I suppose I had A LOT of abdominal fat...4 liters and then 3 from flanks and lower and upper back. I see a HUGE improvement but I am really looking forward to the end result. I would love to know what your results are today???
This morning, I had a lot of yellow drainage on one of my pads on my right hip area. That entire area is so very tender and I am worried because of the color draining from the wound that is still open. I have to wear a light compression garment as the one I was given is just too painful to wear as its causing more swelling and pain around my wounds :( Anyone else had this happen?
Do you think it could be infected? I would go to dr. Is it red & hot?
Doc told me to sleep on my belly or flat on my back for a month.
sorry for any spelling mistakes.... pain meds;)
good night friends. I just took my pain meds and put a pillow under my legs so I can try and sleep on my back. hoping to sleep through the night soon. I am always so hungtry and thirsty.... maybee cause i lost 15 pounds of fat???
Wish I could sleep on my side. Doc said I had to sleep on my back to keep my tummy healing flat.
For how long magic? To sleep on back?
My doc said it can take a few months for the swelling to go away completely and that final results can take several months. I was really worried at first cause my doc told me I had a lot of loose skin and he did not know how that would turn out. After just 5 days, My skin has really tightened up. The bottom part of my belly is still hard, lumpy and a bit loose bit I hope that will go away eventually? I had liposuction with a vibrating suction..... he went over the areas several times. I was told it helps to tighten and tone the skin. ????
Hey Magic...u look awesome...nice results...u must feel great...I had laser lipo...still pretty swollen and SLOWLY going down....results showing slowly...but my PS said I have alot of swelling...I will be 2 wks post op on Monday...ur garment should be very snug but not sooo tight its hurting...and u dont want it cutting in to much as to leave marks on ur skin...I bought a marena garment...they are not cheap but pretty comfortable...that was my plastic surg. recommended...even look on ebay...u may find cheaper...HAPPY RECOVERY....Good luck!!
Thanks so much :) I bought a cheap one from Kmart for $30. It's firm compression but does not hurt my wound. The garment They gave me after the surgery was causing me way too much pain. I could not even get out of bed without it digging into the small wounds on my sides and back. It was making the pain and swelling worse. I think as long as I have some good compression, I will keep healing well. I am still lumpy in a few places from the fluid staying under my skin. You going through the same with your recovery?
Hi Magic...glad u found a more comfy garment and as ur swelling goes down at some point ur probably move into the one the dr gave u...so thats a plus :) ~~I to am also still swollen and feel the lumps which I have started massaging..they said it should go down eventually. How is ur pain level now? I am still really tender...I will be taking pic's tomorrow and hopefully get em up...hoping to see another difference...if u look at my profile...u can see my progress thus far...Im not thrilled with the way I look yet..I can see differences...but I think I expected more...but the doc said could take up to 8 wks to see big difference...my flanks DEF went down...keep me posted on how ur doing...Happy Healing hun....take care for now
WOW. I think you look great :) I can see the results already. You are still very swollen so I am sure that will go down a lot more still. I am too tender to massage the lumps yet. I am just 5 days post-op so still very sore and purple. It hurts when I get up or lay down because my garment pulls and tugs a bit. I am still draining from a few of the holes. How long did you drain for??
Hey Magic...TY for the compliment...I am still really swollen...im massaging and it doesnt bother too much...I only drained for the 1 day...really nothing from my stomach but alot on my flanks...when hubby was changing pad...it shot out...lol...he was so grossed out...a mini water fountain...but by next day...i just had large band aids on...