So Glad I Finally Did It! - San Diego, CA

After living with a large, crooked, humped nose...

After living with a large, crooked, humped nose for 30-some years, I finally decided to pull the trigger and get a nose job. I did tons of research online and chose a few doctors to interview. (Some I chose based on referrals from friends, but most were based on their online before and after pictures.)

When I finally consulted with my doctor, I knew right away he was the right surgeon for me. His before and after pictures online had already proved to me that he provided his patients with beautiful, natural-looking results. And he informed me that he only performed facial cosmetic surgery and regularly performed rhinoplasties, which was important to me. (I had met with other doctors that mostly performed boob jobs and the like, and merely dabbled in rhinoplasty, and to me that was a major red flag.)

Before the surgery, I discontinued my normal daily multivitamin and began following my doctor's recommended supplement list.

The surgery went off without a hitch. The doctor straightened my septum, made my nostrils more symmetrical (I used to have one large one and one small one), and adjusted the tip. Plus he shaved down that huge hump and broke my nose bones to tilt them inward. Also, because I have incredibly thin skin, he apparently put some sort of tissue over the bones to thicken up the skin so minor imperfections would not become an issue. (He warned me that this would increase the time for the swelling to subside, but we both agreed this was worth it.)

I took my pain killers for a couple days and tried to take it easy. I felt considerably better after about four days and completely fine after about a week.

When the cast came off one week after surgery, my profile was beautiful, but from the front my nose was quite swollen, which gave it a very wide appearance. This was readily apparent to me and my husband, but my coworkers really didn't notice. (I went back to work one week after surgery, as soon as the cast came off.) In fact, I got a lot of compliments right from the beginning--but no one could tell I had had my nose operated on! Lots of people asked if I had had my hair cut, or if I was wearing new earrings, (yes to both--two great tips for hiding your surgery) and everyone complimented my appearance, but no one--not even close friends--could put their finger on what had changed!

My bruising was completely gone by day 9. I used concealer those first few days back at work to hide it.

I am currently about 6 weeks post op, and my nose is still a bit swollen across the bridge. Doc says it might be 6 months or so before that swelling subsides. But I already love the results and am so happy I had the procedure done.

I was never really self conscious or down about my nose--but I certainly knew it was my most unattractive feature. Now that my nose is more feminine and natural looking, my other features really pop out more, and I've gotten so many compliments on my eyes and my skin! I am so pleased now when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror--I finally have the nose I should have been born with.

Thanks so much for posting here on RealSelf. And you have me super curious. Would you consider posting photos?

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. K is a real artist--his results are beautiful. Also he has a very laid back, professional, and patient bedside manner. To top it off, his staff is incredible--responsive, friendly, and knowledgeable. I highly recommend him!