Best Doctor Ever - San Diego, CA - 4 months post op

Back story: I was a surrogate in 2011 and...

Back story: I was a surrogate in 2011 and deliveries twins in December 2011. In addition I have two wonderful children if my own. In February 2012, my husband was tragically killed.

I had initially meet Dr. Pousti in March 2012. I had wanted to find out if I was a good candidate for a mommy makeover, and if I was...what was the approximate cost. It's was something that my husband and I had talked about me doing when he returned from his deployment that he never made it too.

Dr. Pousti and his staff were extremely professional, caring and considerate of my current situation. After all..I had only been widowed for 1 month ( I had made this appointment prior to my husbands' passing..so I kept it).

Dr. Pousti kindly told me that I would be a good candidate for the procedure and my results would be outstanding if I were closer to my goal weight. In addition, he told me that at this time he was concerned about my emotional state considering the surgery I was seeking came with emotional ups and downs during the recovery process. He advised me lose the weight and work on my emotional state.

I returned in August 2012 with some of my weight loss gone ( I still had about 20 more pounds to go). Again, he was concerned about my well being/emotional state as it had only been 6 months. He said I was doing a great job at achieving my 40 pound weight loss but really wanted to make sure I was mentally stable to proceed with a major life changing surgery.

I returned again in October 2022. I only had 5 more pounds to lose and had been seeing my grief counselor since the accident. At this time, and along with medical clearance from my counselor, Dr. Pousti felt I was emotionally stable to proceed with this major surgery.

I just had my mommy makeover on November 12th. I had an extended tummy tuck and a breast lift with augmentation. And although, I am still wrapped like a burrito, I can not wait to see my results!

I haven't really experienced any major pain..just discomfort. I spoke to several ladies about the procedure and took all of their advice.

I know feeling better about how I look will greatly improve my self esteem which will in turn make me a happier person.

I worked my tooshie off to get to this day and I just know my late husband is as proud of what I have accomplished as I am.

It will be five weeks tomorrow (December 17th) and...

It will be five weeks tomorrow (December 17th) and I am extremely happy with my results. I'm healing slowly as I have what I call "bed sore" type openings on my left hip and right back side as well as an actual opening in the center of he incision line. Dr. Pousti assured me this was all normal considering he excised a lot of skin. I'm not bothered by it... It is a little gross looking but nothing I can't handle. I've still have not had any pain only mild discomfort...and I would venture to say that it is from all the nerve endings healing. But I'm not a doctor so I could be wrong! LOL

As usual, the staff and Dr. Pousti are courteous and professional. My only regret is that my late husband isn't here to reap the benefits of the new me. ;-)

I still need to get my before pics from Dr. Pousti...

I still need to get my before pics from Dr. Pousti but this is what I have for now.

It's been four months since I had my mini extended...

It's been four months since I had my mini extended tummy tuck and breast augmentation with a lift and I couldn't be happier!

It took about 3 months for wounds to completely heal on the tummy tuck. I have to admit, my scar is not what I had envisioned but I know that with time it will diminish and not look so unsightly. And Dr. Pousti said that after a year I could get a scar revision if I wanted. Having the scar doesn't bother me...it's completely covered by my cute little undies and my bathing suit bottoms. I'm just a little self conscious of it right now.

I'm still a little numb in certain places and my tummy gets numb when I exercise but goes away in a couple of hours.

I went from weighing 150 pounds and being a size 10/12 pre-surgery to 140 pounds and size 4/6 post surgery.

Dr. Pousti and his staff are absolutely wonderful and amazing! I would recommend him to anyone thinking about having any type of cosmetic surgery.
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

If I could give Dr. Pousti 10 stars, I would. He truly cared about me as a person and not as someone who he can make money off of. After doing extensive research, I choose Dr. Pousti based on his patients comments. I couldn't find a negative thing about him.

Wow your a whole different woman compare to ur pre op pics! Congrats on ur recovery it has made wonders on ur body :)
What a difference!! Very nice :)
Wow! You really rocked that bikini! Sorry for your loss. I'm still day 4 PO and feeling sore everywhere.
Thank you! Just take it easy as best you can.
Your PS sounds like he really cared about you! So sorry for your loss! You looked good even at 2 weeks post op!!!
You sound like an amazing woman. Thank you for sharing your story, I am so sorry for your untimely loss. Your results are gorgeous.
You look amazing! So sorry for your loss!

I love that he had you wait on your surgery and was concerned with your emotional state. That's excellent. I do not love that you lost your husband! I'm so sorry. You sound like a very strong woman.

I appreciate you sharing your experience so far on RealSelf. We'd love to see your before and after photos if you feel up to sharing them.