Best Thing I Have Done for Myself! No More Sweat! - San Diego, CA

I have suffered from hyperhidrosis since I was 9...

I have suffered from hyperhidrosis since I was 9 years old. I've used Drysol, Robinul, Botox and every possible antiperspirant available. Robinul worked but I couldn't tolerate the side effects. (Having a mouth so dry that I couldn't talk is a problem!) Botox initially worked but after 6 years of injections, they became less and less effective. By my last two treatments, I was getting 200 units of Botox and still wasn't dry.

When I first heard about Miradry, it sounded like a miracle. I googled and found a doctor in my area. He was offering an initial discounted rate so I jumped at the opportunity.

September 2011, I went in for my first Miradry procedure. The nurse who performed my procedure was funny and personable and made me feel very comfortable. She explained each step. After the lidocaine shots, I started shaking. At first I thought I was having a panic attack but she told me that this reaction to lidocaine was normal. I did feel one or two of the Miradry pulses but the pain went away quickly.

My recovery was worse than I expected. My underarms swelled up like balloons and I was very, very sore. I took ibuprofen and tylenol but I was still very uncomfortable. Within a week, everything went back to normal size and NO MORE SWEATING!!!!

Three months later I went in for my second procedure. This time the nurse gave me prednisone before and one to take at home. That helped a LOT. Not nearly as much swelling and a much easier recovery. In fact, I flew out-of-state for Christmas a few days after this second procedure.

All in all, I think Miradry was the absolute best thing I have ever done for myself. For the first time in my life, I can wear form-fitting clothes and not even think about sweating. I am thin and wear a size small but my whole life I have covered myself in size large clothes, trying to hide the sweat. I'm gradually purchasing a whole new wardrobe!

I hope and pray that my sweat glands are gone for life. My sweet young daughter is showing early signs of hyperhidrosis and when she is old enough to have the Miradry procedure, we will be first in line to have this miracle procedure.

I recommend getting Miradry if you suffer from underarm sweating. It is WORTH it.

@ SoCal Girl 2011 Any update please? It's been a couple of years at least, is the treatment still effective today? I'm highly considering to have the procedure in a couple of months, and gathering as much info prior to finally deciding to have it done. Checked the miraDry website, and only Scripps Clinic Laser and Cosmetic Dermatology Center w/ Dr. E Victor Ross, is miraDry certified in San Diego. If it goes well, after the first consultation, I may just have it done with the same clinic. Good to know though that you had a 5/5 star rating, and actually 'very impressed' with them...
I am still extremely happy with Miradry! No sweat at all, even with this hot and humid weather we've had lately. It truly has been life changing for me!
Do you know if they have tried Miradry for sweating in the hands? My son and I both have hyperhydrosis in the hands. I am going to call some of the doctors who use Miradry to see if they have tried it elsewhere. I know it is only FDA approved for underarms, but docs use drugs, etc off label all of the time. Thanks!
San Diego Dermatologist

I only saw Dr. Ross for a short time because the nurse performed the procedure but I was very impressed by the entire office- front desk, staff, nurse, etc.