Best Thing I Have Done for Myself! No More Sweat! - San Diego, CA

I have suffered from hyperhidrosis since I was 9...

I have suffered from hyperhidrosis since I was 9 years old. I've used Drysol, Robinul, Botox and every possible antiperspirant available. Robinul worked but I couldn't tolerate the side effects. (Having a mouth so dry that I couldn't talk is a problem!) Botox initially worked but after 6 years of injections, they became less and less effective. By my last two treatments, I was getting 200 units of Botox and still wasn't dry.

When I first heard about Miradry, it sounded like a miracle. I googled and found a doctor in my area. He was offering an initial discounted rate so I jumped at the opportunity.

September 2011, I went in for my first Miradry procedure. The nurse who performed my procedure was funny and personable and made me feel very comfortable. She explained each step. After the lidocaine shots, I started shaking. At first I thought I was having a panic attack but she told me that this reaction to lidocaine was normal. I did feel one or two of the Miradry pulses but the pain went away quickly.

My recovery was worse than I expected. My underarms swelled up like balloons and I was very, very sore. I took ibuprofen and tylenol but I was still very uncomfortable. Within a week, everything went back to normal size and NO MORE SWEATING!!!!

Three months later I went in for my second procedure. This time the nurse gave me prednisone before and one to take at home. That helped a LOT. Not nearly as much swelling and a much easier recovery. In fact, I flew out-of-state for Christmas a few days after this second procedure.

All in all, I think Miradry was the absolute best thing I have ever done for myself. For the first time in my life, I can wear form-fitting clothes and not even think about sweating. I am thin and wear a size small but my whole life I have covered myself in size large clothes, trying to hide the sweat. I'm gradually purchasing a whole new wardrobe!

I hope and pray that my sweat glands are gone for life. My sweet young daughter is showing early signs of hyperhidrosis and when she is old enough to have the Miradry procedure, we will be first in line to have this miracle procedure.

I recommend getting Miradry if you suffer from underarm sweating. It is WORTH it.

San Diego Dermatologist

I only saw Dr. Ross for a short time because the nurse performed the procedure but I was very impressed by the entire office- front desk, staff, nurse, etc.