Don't Get Any Laser Treatments - San Diego, CA

I am 30yrs old and had two sessions of laser...

I am 30yrs old and had two sessions of laser genesis and one session of ipl on my face in a 3 month period. Prior to getting the treatments I had very full cheeks, resillient skin, almost no fine lines or wrinkles. I did have sun damage/brown spots and my pores had started to become larger. After the treatments my skin looked wonderful.

However, 5 months later in December, my skin took a turn for the worse. My pores enlarged all over my face, I now have an orange peel texture to my skin. I have significant fat loss in my cheeks and chin area. My once perfectly smooth cheeks are now covered with fine lines. The pores have downward stretched appearance. My skin is very sensitive and I am unable to use most products that I used to. My cheeks flush easily in a blotchy pattern. I do not look mutilated or disfigured but I certainly look worse and older than I did 5 months ago. I am very scared that more damage lays ahead. Don't get laser treatments. You are better off looking the way you are. If any one has had this experience, please let me know how long the damage continued for.

FACES

Long term side effects of pore enlargement, fine lines, and fat loss were not explained to me.

I had LG done to my whole face.. Five treatments and never went back for my last ones!! It's Horrible!! At the time you think wow it's making my skin tone more even and I look a little more glowing then your one time fuller youthful face starts to lost fat!! Your cheeks become flat and your tone turns for the worse!! Your pores and texture become dry, sensitive and horrible looking.. It has been almost 5 months since my last treatment and nothing has gotten better.. Maybe worse.. I wish I had left my face alone !! Don't do laser genesis!!
HSorry to hear about your experience. I have had 3 Laser Genesis so far and I am really happy(so far) with the results, but I wanted IPL also and my derm will not do IPL along with LG, she will wait some time after I have completed the 6 LG which are spaced anywhere from 2 1/2 - 4 weeks apart. I know your post is over 9 months old, but if you happen to see this, please let me know if you have gone to any other specialist. Please take care. Mj
Hi Pitsburgh7073, How has your skin been since your series of LG treatment? I have been throughly researching via different websites into LG and have read mixed comments towards this laser.I would like to know the status of your skin . Thanks

Hi San Diego,

Welcome to the laser community. My goodness that sucks having the procedure work and then it not working after 5 months.. Have you gone back and seen somebody else to see if they can help or know what happened? Please keep us updated and I really hope you can find a solution.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt