Good Result - San Diego, CA

I decided to get fat transfer to my face. I chose...

I decided to get fat transfer to my face. I chose Dr Karam because of his experience with fat transfers, before and after pictures, and comparisons to other Drs across the country. I am one month post fat transfer and am very satisfied with my results so far. I did have bruises on my upper cheeks for about 3 weeks, and mild discomfort in my legs where the fat was harvested but never needed any kind of pain pill, not even tylenol. After a phone consult, I traveled across the country for a pre op appointment with Dr Karam. I sent pictures to him via email. The staff explained every detail and what to expect each step of the way. The procedure was not as bad as I expected because local anesthetic is used for numbing so I didn't feel anything. I knew I needed a couple weeks of recovery time so it was easy to just rest! He did the hard part, I just had to stay still. I did not return for a follow up appointment because I live so far, but I did send pictures one month out. This has been a very positive experience and I am so glad I did it!
Hi Fox, I am now 1 1/2 years after fat transfer and still happy. You were right, the fat areas do change a little bit. This is lasting with excellent results. I just updated someone else on here so thought I'd drop you a line to let you know results :)
Hi Justme. Any updates? I am thinking of getting a fat graft by Dr Karam but I am very nervous. Did u also have ur lips done?
Hi. It has now been 1 1/2 years ans I still am happy with the results of fat transfer. :) I have heard it doesn't last long in the lips, so I did not have them done. I am thinking about going back, I sent more pics to him, for brow lift at temporal level, not high on the forehead. And "skin pinch" under the eyes for those wrinkles that nothing helps with. I am not sure yet because of the $$.
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon