Good Result - San Diego, CA

I decided to get fat transfer to my face. I chose...

I decided to get fat transfer to my face. I chose Dr Karam because of his experience with fat transfers, before and after pictures, and comparisons to other Drs across the country. I am one month post fat transfer and am very satisfied with my results so far. I did have bruises on my upper cheeks for about 3 weeks, and mild discomfort in my legs where the fat was harvested but never needed any kind of pain pill, not even tylenol. After a phone consult, I traveled across the country for a pre op appointment with Dr Karam. I sent pictures to him via email. The staff explained every detail and what to expect each step of the way. The procedure was not as bad as I expected because local anesthetic is used for numbing so I didn't feel anything. I knew I needed a couple weeks of recovery time so it was easy to just rest! He did the hard part, I just had to stay still. I did not return for a follow up appointment because I live so far, but I did send pictures one month out. This has been a very positive experience and I am so glad I did it!
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Skilled, professional, experienced

Any updates? Did it last? Any lumps under eyes? Can you send pics?
I am considering having fat grafting. I am looking for "true" results and experiences. How is your grafting holding up? Has it started to diminish? Would you do it again? Thanks!
Hi Connie Lea, I am very satisfied so far. I would do it again in a heartbeat, but it is very expensive. I already had an experience with fat graft to a small area and that was in 2007, so I know the results last. I run, sweat everyday so I thought that might decrease results but so far it hasn't. I do stay hydrated and eat healthy and moderation (30 minutes) so maybe that's why the results haven't diminished. I sent Dr Karam "after" pics at one week, one month, and 3 months. I didn't hear back after the 3 month, but I am 3000 miles away from San Diego and nothing urgent, just pics. I haven't had any problems with it. If you decide to do fat transfer, just be patient with the recovery, the bruises go away (lol- I thought they would never disappear!) At one year I think I will know how the results are, and will let you know if you are interested. That will be 4-2013. Good luck, I know you will be happy with Dr Karam's work.
Hi Connie Lea again, I meant 4-2014 for one year. I put 2013 by mistake
Yes, please do. Thanks for the quick reply, I appreciate it.
Hi, one month is not enough time for a final result from fat grafting. It is live and changes, one month is usually the peak of positive results, 3 to 4 months is a good time frame to get an idea of how evenly it survived. Even though surviving fat can get larger after this point, it still gets you a good idea. Dr. Karam does indeed have the more impressive collection of before and afters, and I have gathered that his atraumatic handling of the fat is pretty good, as well as placement, however it concerns me greatly that most of his patient post-op photos are before the 2nd to 3'rd month when you tend to loose all of the fat that didn't get a blood supply, were damaged cells or the body just decided to scavenge or encapsulate them. Please update us further, thanks!