Love my New Eyes - San Diego, CA

In my family we have eyelids that are very...

In my family we have eyelids that are very "heavy" looking. Over the years my friends and family always asked if I was "tired" as that is the way I looked. I am very much into fitness and I could change my body by fitness and nutriton, but I could not do anything about my eyelids.

I decided that I wanted my face to look like what I felt-very vibrant! After meeting with Dr. K and telling him that I wanted a natural look I felt very confident that he would do what I wanted. I could not be happier with the results.

Dr. K is fantastic!  I can honestly say this was one of the best decisions I have ever made.  I would highly recommend Dr. K as I feel he truely has an artistic talent for making people their very best.

Photo Update

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. K and his staff are wonderful. I decided to consult with Dr. K after researching plastic surgeons for upper and lower eyelid blephoroplasty. I went for my consultation and we discussed fat transfer as well. Dr. K and his whole staff are very warm and welcoming. They made me feel relaxed and well taken care of. When searching for a plastic surgeons I wanted a younger doctor, one that I knew would be around a long time. I also really liked that Dr. K only does faces.

How much?
Thank you Melissa!
WOW!!! The woman on the left looks like your grandmother! You look fabulous!
Thank you Andrianna, I feel fabulous!
Your surgeon did a great job. He shaped your upper eyelids beautifully and very naturally.
Your welcome!
Thank you for your thorough and prompt reply! The input of happy patients such as yourself is so helpful to those of us still searching. Congrats on your beautiful outcome, too!
About 5 months.
Hi. I did not consult with anyone else because Dr. Karam was the first surgeon I counsulted with and I felt great about him from the start. I did quite a bit of research though before scheduling my appointment with him. My friend wanted me to go to her plastic surgeon but I did not like her outcome because she looked "hollow" under her eyes. I got the fat transfer at the same time. I grew up in Oregon, small world! I believe Dr. Karam is the best, he is a true artist and I could not have been happier! I went into public about 2 weeks after surgery as I bruise easily due to medicine I have to take daily. I am not wearing any under eye make up in my "after" picture and it is so nice finally not having to put it on :)
Did you have upper bleph only?
Upper and lower with fat transfer.
how long between your before and after? i am 4 months today and still have a little bulge under outer corner of right eye.. hoping in time it will go away (it is not as big as it originally was)
Hi Tami, I am 3 months post-op after an upper and lower blepharoplasty in Portland, Oregon. As I am only 41, I was looking for very subtle changes for what was only the beginning of drooping skin over the eyes and a double row of bulges indicating future bags under the eyes. The work I had done has turned out to be less conservative and subtle than I had expected and I have a couple other issues that don't seem to be correcting themselves with time. I am now looking for a facial surgeon who could restore a little volume around the eye/tear trough/upper cheek areas. I am nervous about fat transfer so I'd like to start with Restylane and I am looking for an awesome provider (Dr. Karam's work had already caught my attention so I am glad to see your post). Could you share in more detail how you feel about your outcome, especially in the lower eye area? Was the work all done at once or did you have the surgery and then the fat transfer later? How long did you have to wait after the fat transfer before you felt comfortable in public? Any issues with the fat transfer that you didn't mention? Thank you so much; I am really hoping to find a talented provider I can put my trust into; I blew it with the surgeon in Portland as I did not get the subtle results I thought I would. Dr. Hoenig seems promising, too--did you consult with him perchance? Thanks!
Dr. Hoenig has admitted to me privately and to his collegues that he is no longer doing revisions to my knowledge.
Tami, I think the job is perfect. I am thinking of having this done myself. My eyes look like yours did pre-op. Your post op look is exactly how I would wish to look. I am going back and forth with this due to the cost. You really paid a lot in San Diego! Also, I have a bit of fear. Nevertheless, you look great!
Yes deaballando it was an expensive procedure. However, worth every hard earned penny! I would say do what you feel is the best option for you. Save a little longer if that is what it takes. Best wishes!
Oh, and thank you for the compliment! :) I feel fantastic!

Thanks for sharing your experience, Tami. We'd love to see pics too, if you're comfortable posting them.

I thought I did already! Here they are :)

Wow, what a difference. You look great!