An Ear for Change - San Diego, CA

From the age of 15 to 25, I had plugs of some size...

From the age of 15 to 25, I had plugs of some size in my ears. Over time, my career path changed and extreme body modification was no longer conducive to this. At one point, my ears held 1" 1/4 (35mm) plugs/gauge/eyelets, etc. I had torn my fistulas(the ear hole itself) and had also "blown out" my earlobes( severe irritation/disfiguration based on too much stretching) It was time. I had my fun. Looked like a freak, but I had further aspirations and it was to time to close up the actual holes. They looked awful, sagged, and got made fun of occasionally. Because of Dr. Pousti's work, you'd never know I even had them. But that was the ultimate result I desired.

San Diego Plastic Surgeon

In the process of researching this procedure, I interacted with another plastic surgeon on this website. I will not name him specifically-but he claims to be an earlobe repair specialist through mass publicity. Do not be fooled. He tried to quote me almost as high as $5500 for this procedure at one point. They tried to negotiate it down to $5200 but I said no way. Did I mention they also said the procedure would be 5 hours with only local, no sedation. Are you crazy? So! I researched further, and found Dr. Pousti! Although he was a little bit of a drive, I conversed with his office over quotes and instantly felt better about his abilities to perform this procedure. Dr. Pousti was not only 50% cheaper, He was 100% BETTER. Period. His medical credentials were more respectable, as was his demeanor and operation. The surgery was performed under local and Xanax and was a breeze. The surgery suite was immaculately clean and the staff couldn't have been anymore friendly and professional. It's been about 2.5 weeks since the surgery and I am blown away by the results. Dr. Pousti made my earlobes look pristine. Outstanding. I don't think any surgeon could have performed a better job.