Symmastia Revision -San Diego, CA

Dr. Pousti has given me the best gift I’ve ever...

Dr. Pousti has given me the best gift I’ve ever received – my confidence back. Four years ago when I was only 18, I had breast augmentation performed by another local plastic surgeon, Dr. Kincaid. Being so young and eager, I blew off the obvious warning signs that he was not a good surgeon and chose him anyway. I mean, he was expensive and located in La Jolla, so I figured that meant he must be good. Though I stated time and time again that I wanted a natural, realistic looking chest for my size, I ended up with breasts that were anything but natural looking. I knew right away that he had left me with symmastia, and despite trying everything I could think of to get them to separate, they would not move. This was devastating to me as it meant I had spent all that money to end up worse off than I was before. Instead of gaining confidence, I gained embarrassment and physical pain. I couldn’t wear anything low-cut and hated trying to find bathing suits that would cover up the center of my chest. I spent the next four years hiding behind bulky clothes so that no one would know the awful thing I was hiding.

By the time I turned 22 I knew I had to do something about them. I started researching different techniques to fix symmastia online and found that most of the before and after photos I was seeing on various websites were all attributed to Dr. Pousti. When I saw the great reviews people had left for him, I knew I wanted a consultation.

The difference between Dr. Pousti’s office and the office of my prior surgeon is like day and night. The girls at the front desk are all very nice and helpful, and Dr. Pousti is always on time for appointments (unlike Dr. Kincaid, who was always late). From our first meeting I knew that I wanted Dr. Pousti to be the one to fix my symmastia. I think I visited his office three times in five days early on because I had so many questions and concerns regarding my procedure. Even though I had emailed him my questions, he invited me in to his office versus emailing me back to make sure I got a clear answer I could be satisfied with. Dr. Pousti’s confidence in his ability to fix my symmastia gave me confidence too. He was even able to schedule my surgery with very short notice, since it would be the only time my work and school schedule would allow for two weeks off until the following year. It’s amazing to me how he went out of his way time and time again to help me during the whole process.

He performed my surgery in December 2011, and the day of my surgery was very claming and stress free. Afterward, I had much less pain than the first time around.

When I was finally able to view the results of my surgery, I was absolutely amazed. Before where my breasts had touched and puffed up now laid a smooth, flat area of skin. The size of the space was perfect, and Dr. Pousti had listened to my wishes that I not have too much fullness on top. Seeing my results for the first time literally brought tears of happiness to my eyes, they were honestly that great.

I was good about wearing my “thong” bra religiously for the first couple of months, and adheared strictly to his recovery schedule - I mean, why would I pay to have them fixed and then do something like exercise too early that could potentially ruin everything?

Now, about a year and a half post-op, my breasts are softer, rounder, and more natural looking than ever. Also, the space between my implants is still flat and smooth, with no tenting or rippling to speak of.

I can now wear any type of top or bathing suit I like, and my breasts look great. I’m going out more and have more confidence, and I am no longer put in awkward situations where my old breasts would have held me back. This operation was truly life changing, and I cannot say enough about the amazing job Dr. Pousti and his staff have done for me. I only wish I had gone to him initially because I know if I had, I would never have had symmastia in the first place. Still, I am grateful that I was able to find him when I did, and I would reccommend that anyone thinking about a revision (or first time procedure) go for a consultation to see how great he and his staff really are.

Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf. Many young women will appreciate and learn from your experience. I'm so sorry you had to silently suffer for years. That must have been frustrating. Just curious, did you wear a thong bra after your initial BA? It's so great to hear you were able to get a revision, despite the expense....and that you are completely happy with your results. Congratulations!

This is awesome; I had several revisions done to fix docter' s mistakes and now I'm finally happy; I love reading success stories; I'm so happy for you;
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

By researching symmastia repair, trying to find the best doctor in terms of skill for that specific revision.