So Happy with my Implants/lift! - San Diego, CA

I originally went to see Dr. Pousti about two...

I originally went to see Dr. Pousti about two years ago, when I flew down from Alaska for a breast augmentation/lift. I'm glad I made the trip because he did an amazing job, and my breasts "dropped and fluffed" to the softest, nicely shaped breasts I could had hoped for. My only complaint about my breasts was my hypertrophic scars, but that was due to how my body healed, and was not to the fault of Dr. Pousti. My nipples had also stretched out a bit as my body adjusted to the size. I came back into his office about 3 months ago, curious to to see what could be done for my scars and nipples, and to possibly go a size smaller to better compliment my active lifestyle. We decided to do a revision BA/lift and I am currently 3 weeks out. I am beyond happy with the results! The size is perfect, my nipples look sooo much better, and I truly feel that I will heel more beautifully this time do the fact that my skin and muscles have already stretched out from my previous surgery, taking the pressure off my incisions. I also plan on avidly applying silicone sheets to my scars as soon as my incisions heel (last time I sporadically used creams and sheets).

I am now currently 5 1/2 weeks out from my...

I am now currently 5 1/2 weeks out from my revision BA/lift. At the beginning of 5 weeks, with Dr. Pousti's OK, I started to workout again. I keep to only cardio (walking, hiking, elliptical) so that I'm not putting too much stress on my upper body. I also started to take quick showers to rinse off, instead of only half-baths. I have stopped wearing ABD pads, and started wearing anchor shaped silicone sheets. My scabs have all fallen off, and I was very careful to not touch them or pick at them in any way. I feel that may lead to worse scarring. I am gently massaging, but trying to apply little pressure, as my main focus is for my scars to heal nicely. I don't know if the two are directly related, but I'd like to error on the side of caution.
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Bottom line, I feel Dr. Pousti really took the time to understand my goal (addressing all my questions/ concerns, looking at my ideal photos), and I am so pleased with his work!

How are you doing now?  I am already wanting a new set haha!  How much pain was it from the lift?  I really don't want to get my nipple area cut (all my surgeries have been through the fold underneath) but think I will need a little since I have had so much weight over the muscle.   How are your scars?
Your breast are beautiful
Thank you!
How tall are you and how much do you weigh? Why did you decide to go with smaller implants instead of the 457cc's? Sorry for all the questions, I'm close to having a BA myself and am so confused on what size to pick. My dr suggested the natrelle moderate profile plus 457cc silicone implants and I'm terrified they are going to be too big. Thanks!
Hey.. I'm 5'4" and 135 lbs. My frame is not necessarily petite (I have broad shoulders), but I wear a size small in shirts. I guess I just felt the 457's were a bit heavy, and my boobs really seemed to take center stage in my outfits. Granted, that's what I initially had hoped for, but I ended feeling like it just didn't represent me as a person well. I like to workout, play soccer, hike.. and I kind of felt like they got in my way. The 339's definitely for my body better. You really can't tell I've had a B/A from their size, just the fact they sit perfectly high :)
I see. Well thank you for replying. I'm 5'1 120lbs and I've breast fed three kiddos so I have a little bit if a sag.. I am about a 32b but feel like a very deflated small b. I've been driving myself crazy looking a pictures to try and get a better idea of what the 457s will look like on me but I think it's got me even more crazy! Lol. I'm just so confused on what to do. I have a second consult on Monday to get a second opinion about the size the first dr suggested so I guess if she says the same size we are good to go but if its less then I'm going to have to do some serious thinking! Thanks again!
Hmmm.. Tricky.. Are you getting a lift? Maybe your doctor is using the extra cc's to lift your breasts, without giving you an actual lift. I don't know if they do that, I'm just guessing. Definitely give your doctor pics of exactly how you want them to look. That helps a lot.
You know he didn't say that but I was kind of thinking the same thing because I'm not getting one. He didn't say I needed one but I thought for sure I would, probably just thinking the worst but I was surprised when he didn't mention it. I actually saved a bunch of pictures today to print that I'm going to bring with me when I go back to give him more of an idea of the results that I'm looking for because in his book there was only like 2 that I thought were more of what I wanted. I'll also bring the pictures with me when I go to the other Dr on Monday and see what she thinks. Thank you for your help!
No problem, and I wish you the best of luck! It's such a big decision, and I understand wanting everything to be just right. The transition post-op can be a bit overwhelming at times too, so if you ever have any questions just let me know :)
I have read so much about your Doctor and I know he is known for extra large breast implants. How did you pay so little for your procedure?
Great question. The reason why is because it was a revision surgery, to mostly correct my scars, and give extra lift; the pockets had already been cut from my previous breast lift/augmentation surgery, which cost $8,000. Hope that helps :)
I will! Thank you so much!
You look great! Perky but very natural looking.  Are your new ones silicone or the Sientra (gummy bear) silicones?
Thanks :) I have Natrelle Style 15: silicone-filled 339 cc's. I had Natrelle before my revision as well, and I really loved how soft they were. I don't know if this information is current, but I read online that you can't get real "gummy bear" implants, or "third generation silicone" in the U.S. because they aren't FDA approved here yet. Maybe that was an old link, though..
Yes, they were FDA approved last year.
How is the incision healing from the lift? What kind of lift the you have? Donut/lollipop/anchor? I'm getting donut lift so I will only have scarring around the areolar. I have viewed a lot of pix for that type of lift and most women have puckering around the incisions that usually go away in6 months tho. Less than 20 days away from my breast revision, can't wait. Yours look amazing especially at only 3 weeks.
Thanks! I'm really happy with the size. I originally had a lollipop lift, but this time around I got an anchor lift. It was not a great feeling to know I would now have another scar, but I really wanted my nipples to sit high and look good with or without a bra. It was a sacrifice I had to make to achieve that look. So far the scars look like they are healing nicely, but it's still early.. So 20 days away, that is so exciting! I'm envious of your doughnut lift. I'm sure they'll look amazing :)
So far my scars are flat, thin, and a slightly red. Last time around they became very raised and thick, or "hypertrophic" scars. Fingers crossed they don't heel that way this time.
How was the pain this time around for you? In having my revision surgery in 3 weeks and I can't wait. Did you nipples return to their normal size immediately? Mine are stretched and allot larger than before I had surgery and I'm wondering if they will reduce in size?
Hey :) The pain wasn't too bad! Since you've already had an augmentation, your pain won't be nearly as bad as the first time because your body has already made room for the implants. The first day was tough, as expected; I was laying in bed wondering why I did this to myself, TWICE.. Haha. By the second day I was feeling so much better, and just focused on taking all my medications on time, and eating lots of toast, pineapple juice, and mini pizzas. Oh, and keeping my tv locked on comedies :) After the 3rd/4th day, I felt fine, just a bit sore. I had to keep reminding myself to take it easy. As far as my nipples, they are about a third the size as before, and I intend on doing my best to keep 'em that way! Lol. However, I did specifically ask Dr. Pousti for an aereola reduction, and i signed a specific request form for it. While I think they may reduce your aereolas as part of the surgery, I would request it and be very specific of what your goal is. Definitely take pics with you. I was probably a bit over-zealous of my wants, but I'm so pleased with the results ..so I'm happy I was! Hope that helps.

I'm glad you're pleased! We'd love to see your before and after photos! (Even clothed is super helpful)

What's size implants did you use for the first surgery and what size did you switch to after? I'm exchanging for 390cc smooth high profile saline that I got 5 years ago for smaller ones on feb 28. I'm also doing a periareolar lift. How was your skin after you went smaller?
Hey! I previously had 457 cc Natrelle silicone implants placed under the muscle, moderate profile, with a lollipop lift. I replaced them for 339 cc's with a moderate profile, and had another lift. Because I aleady had my implants under the muscle, my breasts aren't sitting too high waiting to drop, which is nice. They look pretty good for being 3 weeks out, and they look great in clothes already! I feel like my skin on breasts looks really good too, which I wasn't expecting. I'll try to post a pic on here for you to see. Hope that helps! Feel free to let me know if you have other questions :)