43 Yrs Needed a Breast Implant Redone 1st One Not Done Correctly! -San Diego, CA

I decided to have my surgery done in San Diego,...

I decided to have my surgery done in San Diego, even though I am from the Bay Area in Northern California because Dr. Pousti is a very honest doctor who cares about his patients. I went in for a breast mastopexy and implant exchange to be done in one procedure. The day of surgery Dr. Pousti informed me that it at need to be done in 2 steps for your safety. He was very understanding of my disappointment with having to have it done in 2 stages. I appreciate his honesty and concern for my safety. It has been 3,on this since my stage 1 surgery and I can't lie, it has been very difficult being without my implants. I know that I am going to be thrilled with my final results because I have every confidence that Dr. Pousti will give me what I want! I will be going back in March to have my implants put back in. I can't wait!
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Pousti was amazing! Everyone in his office was very friendly and I definitely felt welcome there. They called to check on me everyday after my surgery for 2 weeks. He is a very honest and caring doctor. He listens to and knows what you want as a patient. I would definately recommend Dr. Pousti if you are looking fir a doctor who knows what he is doing and cares about his patients..

I can imagine it's going to be a tough couple of months going without implants. I agree though that if your PS said it was important to your safety to do this in 2 phases, then I'm certain the outcome will be worth the wait. What will you do in the meantime with your bra situation? It seems like there are more options these days with bras that provide a natural full look. I suppose they'll be a bit uncomfortable but at least it's not summer so you don't have to worry about bathing suits, etc. Keep us posted and thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf!
I use fake implants in my bra to make it look like I still have my same breast size. I am a 5th grade teacher and couldn't explain why my chest shrunk over break. Plus I don't feel comfortable being flat chested. I don't wear them at home, but I never leave home without them in. They are working and people have not noticed the difference. March can't come soon enough.
Good idea! Glad they are working. I don't think my 5th grade daughter would pay too much attention to that type of thing, but I can completely understand your concern. Will you have another school break for the revision? Hang in there!