Breast Implant Removal Without a Lift - San Diego, CA

I'm 46 and my story starts in 1999 when I thought...

I'm 46 and my story starts in 1999 when I thought implants would make me feel better about myself. They did for awhile but I soon started to want them smaller and I found myself trying to cover them and hide them as best I could. I started with a B cup and the implants put me at a high C to a D cup and I started to feel completely out of proportion. 3 years ago I wanted them out and I sought a PS and found Dr. Pousti to do the removal but fear got the best of me and I wound up going smaller instead of completely removing them. Here I am now and I've scheduled my explanation for the end of October and as of right now I'm totally excited but terrified at the same time!

I would like to thank all of you for your stories as they have really helped me so far in knowing what to expect after removal. You are all an inspiration to me. I can't wait to be free!

Surgery this Friday!

So surgery is this Friday and I'm excited and nervous. PS says I don't need a lift and I'm hoping that is the case since I can't so this again. He is a great doc so sure he's right. I'm going to try to stop worring about that and just be excited for this removal!

Update - 5 days after surgery

I had my first post op doctor visit today and the tubes were removed, yeah!!! Recovery has been good all in all. The tubes weren't terrible they were just aggravating to have dangling on my belly. The removal of them wasn't bad either. It felt like a tug on my insides but didn't really hurt.
I have compression bandages for the next ten to twelve days to prevent fluid build up then back to the doctor for another look.
My new / old boobs look just like the old me but older. I had myself all worked up over something that I didn't have to worry about. I know that they are still swollen and the final look will be a little different but I'm happy with the results.
I really want to thank Dr Pousti for listening to my worries and fears of needing a lift and talking me off the ledge. He and his staff are first class!

Almost 3 weeks after surgery

Well I had my doctor appointment today and the bandages came off yeah!!! I just got out of a long awaited shower and I couldn't be happier I did this! The left is a little bigger than the right but not so much that it really bothers me plus I know they will change over the next year as the settle. My left also hurts a little still but I know that will go away. So glad to be back to my old self.
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

I love Dr. Pousti! He performed my revision 3 years ago and I'm back with him for the removal. He listens to you and tells you no if he thinks you are asking for something you don't need. He also encourages patient correspondence so if you have questions or fears a fellow patient knows what you are going through. I like that about him! His staff is also very pleasant and friendly.

I'm so excited for you! You look great! I'm so glad to be over on the natural side now. I've been day dreaming about the new tops & dresses I can now wear. I also look so much slimmer. Wish I did this years ago, but docs scared me into thinking I would be deformed. So glad I stuck to my gut on this one.
You look amazing! Congrats! Like you I didn't have a lift either, and so glad I didn't.
Checking in on you. How is everything going? I just got off the phone with my doc office. They were calling my prescriptions in for Monday. I'm so excited! I can't wait to be free & clear of these things! I still have two more days is this damn broker class & it's test day on Thursday. This class has been VERY tough & I'm concerned more about passing this test, than the surgery on Monday.
better everyday! The compression bandages are itchy and rubbing me raw it feels like but other than that things are going great.i go back Tuesday to get these off hopefully. I hope you did well on your test :). Keep your chin up and I'll be thinking of you Monday. I'm so excited for you!!! You'll do great and you will feel so much better after they are gone :). I already do!
Back to work tomorrow. I'm still in the compression bandages and they are itchy and I am so ready for a full shower! During the last few days I've been feeling some pain on the left side but other than that I'm doing okay. I am so ready to get these bandages off and still have a week to go. Ugh!
You look great!
Thanks tiny99 I am soooo glad I did this!
Wow you look GREAT & no BS either. I really hope I come out as good as you!!!! You must feel so light & free! I'm so jealous but VERY happy for you. Our stories are so much alike, maybe my results will be similar as well! :-D
Thanks Outtahere I do feel free and I am so glad I am finally free of them! I wish you the very best in your journey and I'm sure you will have great results! I'll keep following your story and please keep me posted on how your doing! When is your explant date?
It's 11/11
Good luck on your surgery today! I'm thinking of you, while I'm here in the waiting room.
Thank you! I'm home and recovering now everything went well. I hope your consult went well!
Glad to hear you are out and feeling well. My consult went very well & scheduled for 11-11. Doing local, no general. :- So happy!!! When will you be able to post pics? I'm excited to see the NEW/OLD girls! I can't wait to be FREE myself.
Oh I'm so happy for you! I'll be thinking of you. I'm so glad to be free and like you I can't wait to see the old/new girls! I have drains and go back for post op next week and hope to get them. I have to leave the dressings on until then so it will be after that. I'll post them as soon as I can! Keep in touch I'm excited to hear / see how it goes for you.
Oh goodie, goodie! Is the dressing too tight, can you sleep alright with it? I won't be receiving drains, but will be rapped tight in a gauze. :-0 How is your drainage out flow? Is it a lot or a little? Will you be posting pics of the wrap/drainage dressing? Praying for an AWESOME out come for you. I'm so excited for you! And a little jealous ;-) Keep is posted!!!! (-) (-)
Ok I am scheduled for a consult this Friday. While your having your surgery & I'm getting my consult, I will be thinking of you.
Thank you Outahere. I'll post after pics as soon as I can. I'll be thinking of you as well and hope your consult goes well.
I'm so excited for you. I think your going to come out perfect. I wish I was done already myself.
Is he removing the scar capsule with the implant? I'm confused myself about this step & if it is necessary.
And p.s. our breasts are similar size and Dr. Pousti said I could go either way on the lift. He didn't think I'd need it, thought I'd be happy without. I opted for the donut lift, and two things: 1. if you look at my after pictures, my nipple areola complex position is where yours already is--so I see why he said you don't need a lift. 2. From what I can tell, the lift is what's causing me pain as I heal; the removal sounds very straightforward. I think you've made the right choice in explanting without a lift. I can't WAIT to see your after pix!!
Sorry you are in pain and I hope that eases soon! I'll put up after pics as soon as I can.
you're going to do amazingly. I had mine in with Dr. Pousti in 2004 and out on Oct. 14. He did an amazing job! Everything will go smoothly. I'm excited for you!!
Thanks Unsure for the kind words! I love Dr Pousti and I'm confident he will do a great job! I'm just a little nervous about the end result since I've had them so long.
Hi Atagoodplace, I'm so excited/anxious for you. We have the same everything (even our age :-), except mine were done in 1997 & down sized in 2011. I am planning on getting mine explanted as well & need to find a doc. Mine retired right after my down sizing, so I'm a little nervous about looking for another one. I'm so happy for you & can't wait to see your results.
Thanks Outahere wow our stories are so similar! Let me know how your consult goes