Recently Explanted

I wen in for a consultation for liposuction at the...

I wen in for a consultation for liposuction at the end of January. I hadn't planned on doing my breasts, but my consultation, a "mommy makeover", which included lipo and a B.A. was sales-pitched to me. It was such a great package deal, that I decided to do it. Big mistake only part!! I was completely content with my small, but perky B's, and let the office assistant also convince me Tgat because I was wide-framed, I needed a D. I told her I would not like to go bigger than a full C...but a Double D is what I ended up with. I had the surgery (lipo and BA) in mid-February. Almost immediately, I regretted getting implants, as I never really wanted them in the first place. I promised my husband that I would do the best I could do "get used" to them. I knew I wouldn't. This effected all areas if my life negatively.

People this, I was a happy, confident, Christian preschool teacher who jogged almost everyday amongst other things. Now I couldn't work out, felt trapped inside my body, and became very depressed. At my one month appointment, my surgeon and his assistant were not very supportive. I immediately told them how unhappy I was and that I wanted to either switch to a smaller size, as I was constantly trying to cover up my chest, or be explanted entirely (which is what my heart wanted me to do). They made me feel humiliated and crazy. They said that in 15 years, this had never happened. That once a girl gets implants, there is no turning back. She must have implants for life! But that if I really wanted them out, he would take then out for $1000...but they would probably look deformed. I ran out of there crying. The next few week I was very depressed and anxious. Thank God for my loving husband. He fouls a therapist for me to talk to who immediately told me to get a second opinion. She even researched surgeons for me and helped me find Dr. Pousti in San Diego. I immediately scheduled an appointment with him and himself, as well as his whole office were so compassionate and non-judgmental. I had my explant this past Friday, the 27th. The whole experience was completely different!

With the first surgeon, he tries to cut corners and not use an anesthesiologist, but rather put his patients in a twilight sleeping (promising them they won't remember a thing)! I remember almost all of it. I remember waking up in pain, but not being able to talk for a few minutes! If you are currently researching surgery, be careful!!! I went with inexpensive, but you really get what you pay for. My second experience, with Dr. Pousti, in San Diego, was completely different. They made me me feel so comfortable, and the procedure has been almost painless. It's only been 2 days since surgery so I haven't seen my breasts yet, but Dr. Pousti made me feel confident that I will be close to my old look because it has only been a total of 11 weeks, and I am young. I feel so relieved to have those toxic bags out, that what I look like is not so important anymore. But I hope Dr. Pousti is right! :)

San Diego Plastic Surgeon

He is extremely compassionate, honest, non-judgmental, and informative. His staff was attentive and courteous.

Hi Cris, how are you doing now?
Hi, how are you doing now? I am like you I only have 3 months (breast augmentation). I want to remove but, I am scared (365cc subglandular). How you look? Thank you for sharing your story. Do you have some photos?. I need to take a decision soon!

No worries at all!

Thank you Angie. This forum has helped me so much. I will post photos soon. Sorry about all the typos in my original write-up! I should have proofread it!

It sounds like you were in good hands. I wish more doctors were accepting of women who want to get their implants out, because it's amazing how much your breasts can bounce back, especially after such a short time having them in. Thank you for sharing your story. I hope you'll come back and let us know what you think of your results.