Big Girl That Wanted Ginormous Boobs - San Diego, CA

Its true I'm a big girl(6'2"/230lbs) that wants...

Its true I'm a big girl(6'2"/230lbs) that wants ginormous boobs and I search all over and Dr. Pousti was recommended all over the internet, I couldn't find a bad review-I looked. No one out there wants to install implants bigger than 850cc and thats what I got 12 years ago, so its time to upgrade. I had to fly in from Seattle to have the extra large breast implant procedure, everyone at Dr. Pousti's office staff is friendly and amazing. They take the time to actually listen to you and address any and all concerns you may have no matter how silly you may think they are, there's not a bad question. They want you to be informed, confident and relaxed about the decision you're making. I've decided I would like to go somewhere between 2500cc and 3000cc. Dr. Pousti said that will most likely not be a problem, he can't guarantee the size because we may not have room in my chest, he said he will make me look fabulous! He wants me to be happy with how I look. I can't wait for surgery tomorrow, I know he will do an amazing job!

Exactly what I wanted!!

The day of surgery, I was still very nervous but everyone on his staff was very happy, reassuring, and excited for me to have my procedure done by Dr. Pousti, who is very well know for doing breast augmentation revisions with extra large overfilled implants. Dr. Pousti did a few rows of internal sutures for a internal bra to correct the placement and help support the weight of my extra large implants. After twelve years my muscules and skin had done a lot of stretching and sagging. My implants didn't stay where they had been placed years ago(which made me sad). Dr. Pousti is the most wonderful doctor I've ever had the pleasure of working with, he or his support staff call you to make sure you're at home and comfortable and how your recovery is progressing(I had a pain issue and the doctor called me personally and took care of it right at that moment, not when he felt like it) he make the whole experience about what you want and what you can have done safely to your body within your physical limitations. With that being said I was hoping for 2500cc to 3000cc- When I woke up I was very excited to learn we achieved 2680cc in each breast and with the internal sutures, so my breasts full and very perky. I may not even have to wear a bra all the time, which for anyone with larger breasts is a thrill.I really do love my new boobs xoxo Sara and again thank you so much! I attached so pre-surgery pictures her because I forgort in my intial review.
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Pousti was wonderful to talk to and was very thorough when he explained the procedure and answered all the questions I had. Extra large overfilled implants and Implant revision is something that he specializes in which is wonderful because its hard to find. He told me he would make me look fabulous and I cant wait till the end result. He wants me to be happy with how I look. I can't wait for surgery tomorrow, I know he will do an amazing job!

Looking amazing! :) Congrats!
Thank you so much!
girl, you ROCK!!! you bring a new level to GO BIG OR GO HOME!!! looks AMAZING!!!! so excited to watch you heal!!!!
Thank you SO MUCH! I've always been a go big or go home type of girl! I love my new boobs and they're healing amazingly and everyone at my doctors office is super supportive and wanted me to have a great experience. This weekend I will be posting more pictures, the bruising is almost gone.

Congratulations! I am glad you are happy with your results. Did anyone accompany you on your trip? Were your old implants saline or silicone? How about the new ones? Will the implants affect your tattoo shape at all? I'm just full of questions today!  ;) Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf!

Hi Beth, you ask all the questions you want, I will do my best to answer them:) Today marks exactly one week since I had my XL breast implant procedure and I'm finally home and resting in my own bed. I had a friend accompany me on the trip(from Seattle to San Diego it was 9 days total) and it turned out to be more effort and full of difficulties than it was worth, next time I have a procedure done I'm going to pay a in home care nursing professional to take care of me. My old implants were McGhan smooth round low profile saline 800cc implants filled to 850cc(both right and left). My new implants are Mentor smooth round Moderate Plus profile saline 800cc but we overfilled them to 2680cc(both right and left) to achieve the fullness and volume I desired. I didn't really think about there would be any changes in my tattoo but I'm going to have some adjustments made because it no longer covers the same area on the tops of my breasts and looks slightly off kilter which is a easy fix for my artist. Sorry for my delay between traveling and being kind of grouchy I wanted to wait so I could give you a well thought out and thorough answer:)

Glad your back home in Seattle. (My home too!) So many women ask for opinions about traveling for their surgery...thank you for giving your opinion. It must be tough recovering in a hotel room. Maybe the tattoo will be okay after a few weeks or reduced swelling and dropping. A few tweaks shouldn't be bad though, if needed. What made you stick with the saline? I have 8 year old saline implants and don't mind them, but it seems like most women love silicone. Take care and hope you are getting plenty of rest!

I have a fear of silicone-I just think of the saftey aspect of leaking or breaking the body absorbs saline naturally and silicone seams to be firmer with the size I went to my implants are already heavy and very firm I just didn't want the extra risk, My rest is still questionable but Im glad to be home with my stuff lol I still have my external sutures that have about 2 weeks left before I can have then removed by my doctor here, I email and send pictures to Dr. Pousti so he can watch my progress.

That is great that you can email photos to your PS so he can monitor your healing progress. Gotta love technology! Let us know how the suture appointment goes!

I didnt even know they came in those sizes LOL!! He did a great job Congrats!!
Thank you so much, Dr. Pousti is amazing...If I ever have anything else done I will be making the trip back to San Diego-Seriously xo Sara
Congrats! I am happy they turned out the way you wanted!! Was it a long procedure? Wondering what bra size you will end up!!
Thank you very much! I posted some pictures and I will post more as I heal, but I feel great today(Monday) I was even good after surgery on Thusday...It was Friday and Saturday that were the hardest-which is normal according to everyone I've talked too. The procedure took about 3 and a half hours I think, that includes the pre op mapping of where everything is going to go and the recovery room time. the implants I had first were 12 years old, very wide and low profile-and older so they were more pliable so i was wearing a 40F so they would fill the cup of my brait was very uncomfortable... the bra that I bought for after surgery just in case thay didn't have a post op surgical bra in my size was a 42H and it fits like a glove I would probably like a 40 I or J just a little bit more. You can buy Cacique bras in extended sizes at most Lane Bryant Locations which go up to a 44H/50DDD or on there website which has a tendency to have more if a varietyof styles and patterns. Sorry I shared a tone about bras I just know they're hard to find and Lane Bryant has super quality at great prices. I hope this was helpful:)

Don't be sorry for sharing the bra information. Larger breasted women need your experience and knowledge!

What bra size are you now?
Its hard to tell...but I bought a 42H with no under wiresanf it fits really nice but I think a 40i might fit better after the welling goes down....Are you thinking og getting xxtra large implants?
No, LOL, I was considering breast reduction and became fascinated by how some women treasure having large breasts while other women seeking BR see them as a burden that has made their lives miserable. Hard to understand how both can be true. One of the things they always say is they can't find cute bras or they cost $150 dollars each. You seem not to have that problem. LOL I guess it's really just a state of mind if you're not having physical issues with pain and discomfort.
I was asking what size you were pre-op.
I got my first set of implants when I was 20 years old- I was a 40AA and had 850cc saline implants placed under the muscule which brought me to a 40DD. I had enough breast tissue to go this big. Does this answer your question?
Yes, thanks. You're tall and beautiful. I imagine you attract attention like a rock star. LOL
Would love to see pictures!!! Goodluck tomorrow!(:
Thank you so much!!! It went great, I posted a couple of before and after pictures but I will put more up as I heal and the look better;) Probably this weekend coming up:)
Just had mine done....recovery time for me! Wow, good luck. I would love to see pictures of your results!!
Good luck. Keep us posted!!
Can do doll face!