Do Yourself a Favor & Don't Wait As Long As I Did! - San Diego, CA

I am 54, had my reduction 2 weeks ago. I had...

I am 54, had my reduction 2 weeks ago. I had talked about having this surgery (ad nauseum) since high school. WHY did I wait so long? I can't answer that. I hated my body all those years for no good reason. I am SO freaking happy I did it!!!! I can wear anything now! Went to the mall a few days ago, walked right into Anthropologie, and bought a SMALL!!!!! Went from a 32F (Chantel)to what I think will be 32C...still in my surgical bra, so not positive yet. My biggest problem now, is reeling it in and trying to dress my age...that'll be hard :)

I am 5&1/2 months post op and just got these...

I am 5&1/2 months post op and just got these before/after pix from my doc. I almost had forgotten how awful they were. 580/600 were removed. I went from 32H to 32DD in most bras. (I was way off above). BR was the best thing I could have done for myself. Hope this helps someone/anyone make the right choice for themselves!
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Altho I am only 2 weeks post-op, I guess something could still go wrong, but to this point, I have had nothing but a positive experience. I love this doctor.....he's my hero. He was very realistic with me, and I feel he understated what he could do for me, as opposed to overstating it. Also, he was so available to the point of giving me 2 free consultations, no problem...to answer any and all questions and concerns. Also, I was not entirely sure of the size I should be, I think he made them just perfect!

You look great! Congratulations on your amazing results! Glad you are so thrilled with the new you!
Glad you are doing so well! I have found a new appreciation for shopping:-) As a nurse I usually just went to uniform shops and would wear the same old clothes in my closets for years because it is such a chore to find clothes that fit, but since the surgery...lets just say I am doing my part to stimulate the economy!
By the way lm or l was 36ff!!!
Thank you oh to feel light after 34 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! X
It's so great anyway and for it to take away all that pain you live with will make it even so much more awesome even!!!! Congratulations...keep us posted!
Me too my pre ops at end of month, lm 46 now with ddd and lots of back problems lm sure this excess baggage has contributed too x
Thank you Kimmers. I know the doc took a bunch of before pix....maybe he'll give me some later. I'll post down the road if he does.
Started me thinking when you said that was an amazing size change...i goofed....i was actually 32H, not F. Doc took about 600 out of each side. Like I said, Im guessing the C part....only bought sports bras so far....and they seem soooo small....yay!

That is still an amazing change:)

How nice!!  I am so glad you are loving your results.  Wow that is an amazing size change:)  You have got to feel so good right now.  And it will only get better as you heal.

Age is just a number so I say dress it up woman:)  Life is short so don't reel it in..let it fly!

Thank you for posting here on RealSelf and I look forward to hearing more from you as you heal.    Will you be posting before and after pics?