Breast Aug in 9/9/10 - San Diego, CA

I wanted bigger and fuller breasts for a long time...

I wanted bigger and fuller breasts for a long time. Not happy the way certain clothes fit on me before, i.e. tube tops, t-shirts.

I had them done a little over a year ago and I am very satisfied. I was afraid of surgery since I've never had surgery in my life and I was 45 then! Surgery went well and quick. You have to stay on top of pain medications after surgery and take it EASY..the healing process is so important and takes time, so be very patient. I didn't expect my new breasts to change my life, but they did. In a very good way.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Don't do it because you think it will change your...

Don't do it because you think it will change your life or make you a better person. You will never be happy if that's the case. If you decide to do it, be strong and get some support from a friend. Wear a good light bra when you go to bed at night to keep them looking good.

Thank you for sharing your story with us here on RealSelf. So you ended up going with saline, then?

San Diego Plastic Surgeon

I highly recommend Dr. Pousti and his amazing staff if you are considering breast augmentation. I was extremely comfortable with him. My husband accompanied me to all my consultation appointments. He also found Dr. Pousti very friendly and knowledgeable. What I liked about Dr. Pousti was that he never pushed me into either saline or silicone where other doctors I consulted with wanted me to do silicone. They kept putting down saline saying it was not very natural and I wouldn't like it at all. Of course, silicone costs a little more, so I didn't feel comfortable with their "salesy" approach. On the other hand, Dr. Pousti answered all my questions. During the consultation, he even let me MEET his patients that just had surgery! This was very powerful for me since it showed he had a lot of confidence in his work. I was also referred by a friend of mine who had work done with him, as did her other friends. No doubt, I was still scared of surgery, but I joined a site called justbreastimplants.com and got to talk to many women who were in the same boat as myself getting ready to get breast implants. This made me feel even more comfortable with my decision. I still believe that if you are considering breast augmentation, please talk to a lot of surgeons first, but also consider Dr. Pousti. You have to feel comfortable with your surgeon and his staff. It also helps to get some support from someone (like I did with my husband):)