Can't believe I am already 12 weeks PO!

I am a 45 yr old, mother of 3, had originally gone...

I am a 45 yr old, mother of 3, had originally gone into the PS office for a BL consult, and asked in passing if he could do lipo on my stomach, he said I can do better then that, I can make you flat! I thought for sure I was still too fat! I have recently lost 50lbs.
Of course I jumped at the chance.
Now today I am POD 5, feel ok for the most part. My drains are really low in my pubic area, so the are causing me a lot of discomfort. Hopefully out on Tuesday!
I worry that I'm doing something wrong because I'm not up and around like some folks who have posted. Still sleeping in a recliner, still having pain.
Trying not to freak myself out!
But on the other note my breast lift came out amazing! No pain at all. My right one sloshes when I lift my arm up.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I am a 45 yr old, mother of 3, had originally gone...

Of course I jumped at the chance.
Trying not to freak myself out!

You look great! I hope you are feeling well. Glad your PS did both procedures at the same time - mine is doing them seperately so it will feel like forever before I am complete. I am doing the arms in two weeks, then tummy tuck, then breast lift and augmentation. I might be able to get thigh lift with the breast lift
Wow, amazing transformation!
Thanks everyone! This is the first time I've ever participated in a blog, and the support and support means the world to me and I don't feel so crazy....

Hard to believe it was a week ago today that I had...

Hard to believe it was a week ago today that I had my surgery! Most of last week I was in such a fog....
I LOVE LOVE, having a flat stomach, even with all the swelling. I'm wondering if I need a better CG? Will ask ps tomorrow. Also down 8lbs since surgery day! Not much of an appetite, drinking protein shakes..

Congratulations. You look great!
That's a great job, fab boobs, think mine need more than a helping hand but I think tummy this year and boobs next. Hope your ok today.
Looking good!!!!

POD 9! Slept in my own bed! Woke up feeling good,...

POD 9! Slept in my own bed! Woke up feeling good, may even try and run some errands today!
Here's to hoping everyone else has a good day today too!

Awwww ....congrats hun ... glad your happy ... 8 lbs is great... congrats again!!!
Thanks QT!
Oh My !!! You look fabulous .... still wishing I had the breast lift..hubby was not for the TT but was seriously against BL.. I still may get one..

Well today I am 15 days out, not only do I still...

Well today I am 15 days out, not only do I still have a drain, but today I am experiencing my first true day of swell hell! I won't even take pics...
How long will this last? Ughhhh

I'm 10 weeks po and still swelling Dailey. Right now I'm in swell hell because I wore spanx all day instead of my binder and I'm on my period. :( Hope your swelling goes away soon.
Well I am 21 days out and the swelling is only getting worse!
Kricken-do you wear a CG everyday? I feel so much better with mine off, which is probably why I am so swollen..because I haven't been wearing it

POD 17! Added new pics soooo swollen! Still have...

POD 17! Added new pics soooo swollen! Still have drain:(
Feel good though, able to get some stuff done, back to work Monday!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

So after 17 days my suture around my drain decided...

So after 17 days my suture around my drain decided to come out, which in turn allowed my drain to fall out..and of course my PS is out of town!!
Now I am so worried that I will develop a seroma, since my drain was still putting out anywhere from 80-100 cc's a day..
But on the other hand, I get to put on real clothes and that excites me to no end.
Also now I can wear my stage 2 CG, which are like spanx, and no binder!
Fingers and toes are crossed that I don't get a seroma!

I was still putting that much out when they pulled my drain. I wish it was still in. But, The first several days were fine. I was a little swollen, but it didn't bother me much at all. Unfortunately-it has continued to get worse every day. My dr has been unable to syringe off the fluid either. the good news is that it may be mildly uncomfortable, but it is not painful. I was told that it is self limiting and will eventually subside, but may take a few weeks! Well as long as it goes away eventually ill be happy. Let me know what your PS says, and again, you probably won't notice too much swelling until your PS gets back. Hope yours doesn't turn into a seroma, but its not the end of the world. Just one more step.
I hope you don't get a seroma and your doc comes back asap!
Thanks soulnik, just got my new CG in the mail, so hopefully that will help!

Just wanted to let y'all know that I received 2 CG...

Just wanted to let y'all know that I received 2 CG that I ordered from healingenhancenments.com.
These are stage 2 CG, so that's for anyone over 2 weeks post op.
They are very comfy, fit great under clothes, and really help with the swelling!!
I got 1 pair which are just let panties, and one mid thigh. Both amazing!

Hi, pleased your garments arrived. Obviously I'm still wearing my binder but I'm 4DPO and it feels a little looser at the top, below bra, should I tighten it or leave it?
Nennie, you want to keep your garment snug, so you have enough compression! It will totally help with swelling.
Hi Kricken, thanks for the info, and your right about the swelling not being immediate...it doesn't take much for the swelling to get out of control. I bought a new CG that really seems to help! Will keep you posted.

So today I am 5 weeks PO! And finally feeling...

So today I am 5 weeks PO! And finally feeling myself, meaning being able to get through my days without feeling like I'm going to die!
I do gave a seroma that I'm dealing with, that's why I have that big bruise on my belly. Healing is going fine...very happy with my scar. My breasts are healing nicely.
I love my new body!!! But it was not without sacrifice!

So what's your doc saying and doing about the seroma now? They tried to drain mine and couldn't, but I still feel it in there. Is not to bad though. How bad is yours?
Kricken, he knew that there was a likelihood of this happening because my drain suture broke and my drain fell out after 17 days, and I still had about 100 cc's a day. So now I go in 2x a week, this morning was only 75 cc's. He felt maybe 3 or 4 more times:( When mine fills up and push on one part of my tummy the fluid moves and ripples, very freaky! Feels good when it is drained, but when it fills up, I'm uncomfortable.
You look wonderful..

12 weeks & feeling great!!!

Its been a while since I updated, but it hard to believe it has been 3 months! I am still dealing with my seroma and getting drained weekly. When I go this Friday he's going to put something in there to stop the fld build up.
He also told me that people that develop seromas tend to deal with more swelling over a longer period of time. Which is a real bummer, there are days I'm so swollen I look and feel like my old fat self????
I am back to my normal work and exercise routine which feels good.
Hope everyone has a great week!
And for all the fellow Canadians out there, Happy Victoria Day!

12 week photos

What is he putting in to help stop the fluid build up? I need that. I hate this stupid seroma.
When I see him Friday I will get the details and let you know!
Good. Thanks. I hope it's magic. And free and pain free. I want some. ***"Poof***It's over and were looking awesome.

Not really 12 weeks only 8 weeks!

Went to the PS today, and apparently it has been only 8 weeks, not 12! Guess it seems like it was a long time ago.
Anyways, had my seroma drained again today hopefully for the last time! After he removed the fld he injected it with a type of alcohol, and all I can say is it better work,it was the most intense pain and would not do it again:(
The solution is suppose to dry up the secretions, will find out next week.

OMG!!! I hope it does that sounds very painful..fingers crossed ... Like Kricken said you do look good
I've decided that I will never do that again, I will just name my seroma and keep him with me forever!!! lol Thanks! I am very happy with my body!
Not sour. your.......

So now I'm 12 weeks!

So now that I feel so great, it's hard to believe that surgery and the journey to recovery was just a short 12 weeks ago!
Went for my final appt with PS, no more seroma, thank god!
But I have lost a total of 15lbs and 13 inches since the day of surgery! I was super excited with those results!
It is truly amazing what one can accomplish when you don't have a big ole belly slowing you down!
I just know I'm on the right path and plan on staying there!

Congratulations! Whoa! The inches and weight lost... How exciting! I am less than 60 days away from mine and I'm freaking out. All the what ifs and being unsure of what to expect during recovery... So nice to read other stories! Thanks!
Thanks! These results far out weighed my expectations! Your 60 days will go quick!

4 months and feeling amazing!

Though the surgery feels like a lifetime ago, it's only been 4 months.
My healing and progress is right on track. Still get upper abd swelling/bloating occasionally.
Only have some numbness on parts of my TT scar.
Have slowly been losing weight, down another 5lbs this month:)
I can honestly say I have never felt this amazing inside and out ever...
I sometimes still can't believe it's me.

We had the same dr! I'm 7 weeks out. Need to get into a work out routine.....pronto! Lol. Congrats! You look awsum!
Hot mama!!!! You look fantastic! Way to go and kudos to your doctor too!
Thanks so much! I couldn't be happier with the results and my doctor!
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon