Scarred for Life - San Antonio, TX

I come from a family of women with large upper...

I come from a family of women with large upper arms, also known as bat wings. After much research and consideration, I decided that upper arm liposuction was the best treatment for me. The procedure went fine and after tight bandaging, I was release to go home and rest. The next morning I woke up with a burning sensation on my right upper arm, in between the incision sites. I immediately called Dr. Finder (around 9 am) and told her what I was experiencing and she made arrangements to meet me at her office at noon. After taking the bandage off, (remember this is a tight fitting sleeve over both upper arms connecting in the back), it appeared that I had two blister type wounds forming on the back of my right arm, exactly where the cannula was suctioning in my arm. The sizes of the 3 wounds were approximately (1) 1" x 2.5" and two similar in size 1/4" x 1/2". Dr. Finder's initial reaction seemed to be shocked and unexplainable and then she concluded that my wounds were likely from a spider bite, a brown recluse to be more specific. She stated "that a spider must have somehow gotten in my (tight) bandage and bit me". Now, the wound was not there before the procedure, it wasn't there before I was bandaged up and there was no spider inside the bandage when it was taken off. She strongly persuaded me to research brown recluse spider bites and compare images to my wound. She treated me that day with heavy doses of Vaseline to the wound sites (spider bites) and saw me for two follow-up visits. In the meantime, the wounds were becoming worse and producing a foul odor. After my 3rd f/u visit, she recommended that I follow-up with my primary care doctor and was done with me. These are the pictures of the three wounds that occurred within 24 hrs of receiving liposuction of my upper arms from Dr. Finder.

Full Recovery in Progress