Breast Implant Removal - Salt Lake City, UT

My surgery is in 13 days!!!! I had a breast...

My surgery is in 13 days!!!! I had a breast augmentation in 2007, 5 years ago by Dr. Jed Bindrup in Salt Lake City. I was a small B cup and wanted to be a full C. I ended up being a DDD- DD unfortunately. A side effect that I didn't even know was possible that was very hard for me was that my nipples got a lot bigger- at least double the size. My incisions were through my arm pits and have healed 100%- can't even see them! I got them when I was 20 pounds over weight and felt insecure about my looks. Having a belly bigger than my boobs was a blow to the ego after being a serious athlete from a young age. After a while I realized that I should have just taken better care of my health, and not worried so much about my breasts. I had beautiful, small perky breasts before surgery. Now, they are just huge. I am really nervous about surgery and what my breasts will look like in the future. After thinking about this for the last 3 or 4 years, I have finally made the decision to have my implants removed. I have chosen as this time to not get a breast lift and to see how my body heals in the next year. I am looking forward to my back not aching from the extra weight! :) Would love to hear from women who have gone through this... all my sisters and friends think I'm crazy!

My surgery is in 1 hour!! Nervous!!! My doctor...

My surgery is in 1 hour!! Nervous!!! My doctor said as soon as all the medicine wears off I can begin to run and work out as I please and will experience very little pain. I am stocked up on vitamin c, probiotics, frankensense, and vitamins to speed up the recovery.

I hope my boobs look ok after. I'm scared!! Eek. Wish me luck!

6 days out and I feel great!! I have no regrets...

6 days out and I feel great!! I have no regrets and feel much better and more like myself. My boobs are a bit saggy but surprisingly, I don't mind that at all and am looking forward to see if they tighten up or change in the next 6 months- a year.

I feel a little soreness and did take 1/2 a pain killer once or twice a day ending yesterday. Have been putting a lot of doTERRA essensial oils on to help healing and the scars. Peppermint sure cools them down!

My implants were originally 420 filled to 450 :)

My implants were originally 420 filled to 450 :)
Charles Stewart

I loved my doctor, the staff, and everyone I met. They called several times to check up on me prior and after the surgery. Such a nice team of people. HIGHLY recommend Dr. Charles Stewart!!

How are you doing now? We'd love an update!

After almost a year post surgery I went bra shopping-- I have been living in a sports bra. I found it a little discouraging because no bras fit me. I am going to try again at Nordstrom and see if I can find one that will fit my saggy boobs. Maybe I just don't remember what it is like to wear a real bra! Did anyone else have this problem???
You and I are similar. I had them put in in 2007 around same time, out last year 2012. same thing w weight etc (except I gained after) I like warner's no underwire bras that are push up and padded at the BOTTOM so they lift em' up. It is all I wear (even to the gym) Do a search on the underwire being unhealthy and some books written saying it causes cancer. I don't do sports bras- makes me look flat... but the push up bras make me look perky and cleavage if I want for a nice dress or occasion. You have to get push up kind padded only at bottom. They rock. I tighten the straps a little in the back on each side and they lift everything up quite nicely (disclaimer: i don't work for them or have any affiliation w them lol, can find at most dept or discount clothing stores)
Hi! I'm about to undergo the same procedure .. How are you feeling about them now? Do you have any current photos? Thank you! This posting has made me feel much better!
Hello! I am still very happy with my surgery and glad I finally did it. I will post some updated photos!! When is your surgery? Good luck!
Do you still have the double ring on your breast ?
yes, still healing! I'll post more photos soon. I think it might go away... but I really have no idea! Its no big deal though :)
you look amazing :)
You look great!! Can't wait to have mine out, roll on 8th August x x
Hope it went well!!!!
HI--I'm wanting to get my implants removed and have a consultation with a plastic surgeon next week. This is probably a dumb question but do you think the surgery needs to be done by a plastic surgeon? Would anyone use a general surgeon? Thank you!
I have no idea... honestly I have no medical background and am not sure how that would be. If it were me, I would prefer to have a plastic surgeon perform the surgery because they work with breasts all the time and it would make me feel more comfortable. Good luck with your consultation!!! :)
My surgery is tomorrow; would love to hear how you are doing now that you are healed. Thanks and I hope you are well and healthy.
Hey amy!

I am doing very well, my breasts look about the same and my incisions are still healing but I feel great!! Nothing to worry about, you will be fine :) I hope all goes well tomorrow!!! I'll post more photos soon. Take care!
You look great. Take the time as u are doing and give yourself time to heal. the human body is a marvelous work.
Thank you for the words of encouragement!
Hi Christina! It's nearly a month - how are you getting on? I hope all is well! :)
Very well thank you!!! No pain or discomfort and still healing :) Thank you for thinking of me!
It's been a few weeks; just checking to see how your healing is going? Did your shape change any more? Hope all is well=) Thinking of scheduling my explant the end of May??...(still terrified)...
they are still getting better!!! I am sure they will never be what they were... but it is so much nicer! I am still very happy with the results. And though I wish I could rewind and never get implants and mess with my boobs in the first place... it is what it is. I was nervous too. Did you schedule?
Hi there!
You're looking great!!!
I removed my implants a month ago and have the same ring thing in my right breast,
Do you know why does it happen?
Does it get better in some time?
What did your doctor tell about it?
Thaaanks :)))
Best,
Natalia
Hey Natalia-

I haven't asked my doctor about it yet. I live in a different state that he does and I assume its just part of the healing process and the tissue finding its place again?
I will let you know if I go to the doctor or if I find out
why does it happen
Many thanks!
I had mine done in 2007. 360 CC. I am working with Dr. Susan Kolb in Atlanta (Know women from the world who have gone to her for explants) and I work in the health field) I have auto immune issues and am so looking forward to getting them out. I was tiny skinny when I got them but gained weight (She said this is typical w women who experience auto immune issues afterward. I was same size you were and got 360 cc's. Then gained weight. WEnt from B to DD. Now back down to B in a few weeks when I get surgery. Also getting a lift. fingers crossed. you look great ;) EE