So Glad I Did It! - Salt Lake City, UT

I scheduled a time to have Rhinoplasty when I had...

I scheduled a time to have Rhinoplasty when I had a pretty free calendar and would be able to stay home for 2-3 weeks. I also had a great support system at home in my husband to care for the kids and let me rest. The surgery was somewhat lengthy as I had a large bump I was having removed from my nose as well as tip reshaping, but I was out of course for the whole thing. I had a cast on my nose for a week and then went back in to have Dr. Fryer remove it.

The most uncomfortable thing was that the blood that dripped from my nose had pooled around the nostrils and attached to the nose hairs. It was very painful as Dr. Fryer removed the dried blood but he took his time and was extremely careful and tender in doing this. I've never been so grateful to someone for picking my nose! The rest of the recovery time was just waiting for the black eyes and bruising to fade, which took about 2 1/2 weeks. If I bumped my nose it was painful but that was my own fault;) Otherwise, I was not in pain. I didn't even get a headache. I know this is because of the great skill Dr. Fryer has as a surgeon. The result is beautiful! My husband could not get over the unbelievable before and after.

My first time out in public I was a bit apprehensive as to what the reaction might be that I had had plastic surgery. The thing is, people don't notice. They don't. They just think you look great! Everyone is more concerned with themselves in all honestly. And if they do notice the reaction is always, "Good for you!" That is why you do it...for you! I love looking at my new nose every time I look in the mirror and I do feel more confident. You feel a sense of endearment to someone who changed your life. This is how I feel about Dr. Fryer and would recommend him to anyone!

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Like many others I used the internet to read profiles and bio's online before calling for an appoint with a board certified plastic surgeon. I sent photos to another plastic surgeon for an online consultation and was told my case was "too complex" and I was referred to another surgeon. That surgeon was out of town. I called Dr. Fryer's office based on his online bio and experience. I was able to get an appointment in a short amount of time. I planned on making several appointments and meeting with several surgeons before deciding on who would perform my Rhinoplasty because the surgery would be in such a noticeable place, on my face! However, after meeting with Dr. Fryer I booked the surgery without making any more appointments. He put me at ease and his staff was so confident in his surgery skills that I felt I was in safe hands. He talked with me at length about what he could do for me. His office does not offer a computer generated before and after. Dr. Fryer explained that is because you can make a nose look like anything on a computer screen and sometimes those images aren't realistic. I appreciated the honesty of what was realistic for me. I still wanted to look like me after all, just better! He told me that people who see me all the time wil of course notice a difference, but people who don't see me very often may not even notice the subtle change. He made sure I was doing this for me. I would tell anyone contemplating Rhinoplasty, that indeed that is the reason to do it, for you. If you are not happy with something about your face or body, just get it fixed! We live in a day and age where it is possible and very common. And thanks to Dr. Fryer, affordable. Time will come and go either way and what you think may be a huge ordeal with a lot of explaining to people isn't. People don't necessarily notice what is different about you they just think you look great! And better yet, you don't have that "thing" that bothers you nagging at you. You can just live life!

Really nice outcome!!!
Thanks!
Your new nose is beautiful. ~ sigh ~ another happy ending! Enjoy!
Thank you!
Awesome! Dr. Fryer is like family to me. He helped my husband after he lost his left arm three years ago. There was extensive damage that needed repair and he was an incredible surgeon and man throughout the whole process. A surgeon who will try every option and never lose hope, who gave me his cell number so I could call with questions in that incredibly trying time...amazing. He is a good man. You picked a wonderful surgeon. I am getting rhinoplasty on the 25th of February. I decided to go with Dr. Mobley. I am so glad you got to have this fantastic experience with Dr. Fryer!
Wow, what an ordeal to go through with your husband. I can picture Dr. Fryer being a comforting person during that time. Good luck with your rhino, I bet you can't wait. I know how I felt about waiting for mine and I only had to wait two weeks!
What a gorgeous result. Congrats!
Hey thanx!
Did you have open rhinoplasty? Did you temporarily lose your smile after your surgery from the surgeon cutting the muscle? If so, how long did it take for you get get it back?
Yes it was open, in the fact that he cut the section between the nostrils to peel back the skin. I never lost my smile even temporarily. In fact, I couldn't STOP smiling :)
How nice!! :) keep smiling lol :)
Your results are so beautiful, and they suit you perfectly! How far post-op are you?
Thank you! My surgery was in Sept 2012 so I am now four months out. Aside from a little stiffness in the tip I feel back to normal.
You got great results from your surgery. Your nose looks so nice. Congrats :) How many weeks post op were the pictures taken?
Thanks! The front "after" view was 3 1/2 months later and the side "after" view was 4 months later. Dr. Fryer said the tip of the nose will continue to take it's final shape up to a year post surgery and that I will continue to be even more pleased with the results.

I'm so glad you're happy with your results. You look beautiful and I'm sure your post will help others about to embark on a similar journey!

Thank you, and I hope so! Honest feedback from someone who had gone through the procedure was what I looked for before surgery. Hopefully I have done the same for someone else.
You can always tell when a PS did a good rhino. It's when they bring out their patient's eyes afterward. You look like a model/actress.
Wow. Thanks you are too kind!
I am so happy for you. Your rhinoplasty results look fantastic. Could you post a few more after pictures (like some side view pictures)?
Thanks for your comment. I added a side and angle view if that is more helpful.
Thank you for your review! You look gorgeous! He did an amazing job!
Thanks! I agree, and am very pleased with the results.