Long Term Breast Lift Results 11 years out and Still Happy - Salt Lake City, UT

I'm now 38years old and it's been 11 years since...

I'm now 38years old and it's been 11 years since my prodedure.

The photos will show why I did the surgery better than any words can. I only had the lift with NO reduction. He also corrected a bit of asymetry. I ended up having a full anchor lift although the DR was trying to avoid it if possible. It depends on your skin type. My just happened to be very elastic and he said he had to do the anchor the skin could be pulled fairly tight under the areola.

My surgery was back in April 2001. I'm still so please with my results with no regrets at all! I don't remember hardly any pain probably because I had lipo at the same time and the lipo hurt like hell, pretty much my whole body, ankles to abs so breast were a cake walk. Healing was really good except for one little 1" spot on one breast where it had a hard time healing so the scar got a little wide right there but Dr was happy to do a little scar revision in his office when I was about 3 months out for nocharge. Just some local numbing and he removed the wide scar tissue and re-sutured it. Then that section healed great.

This has greatly helped my self esteem even if I were the only one who ever seen them. I hated them laying on my stomach .

So over time have they dropped? Well a little, but that really cant be avoided with natural breasts. For awhile after surgery i could go braless if I wanted and thye looked great. I can still just put on a tank with just a shelf bra to roam around the house after a shower and i would be afraid to answer the door. For the most part I keep my investment nice and supported in a good VS bra.

You may also notice in some of the photos that my nipples pull down toward the bottom of the areola. This is only when they are relaxed. When they are cold/perky they are perfect in the center. I guess this is because my Dr tries not to cut the nipple completely off so that he can keep the nerves intact so that you can maintain nipple sensation. He didnt have to move my areola/nipple up far enough to warrant cutting the nerves. I'm completely happy with his decision and glad he didnt risk me losing any sensation.

The only thing I would do differently is look into the newer lift procedure where they take a piece of your chest muscle and form a sling under your breast, basicly making a bra out of your muscles to supoport the weight of your breasts. After all that is why implants stay so high and firm, by placing them under your muscle. I have seen some photos of lifts using the muscle bra/sling and they look almost like you have implants and will keep your breasts supported without your skin taking all the weight. There are probably more potential problems with that type if the Dr does it wrong. I can't comment on that but the idea sounds great.

I wrote this because I remember when I had my surgery and wondered how thing held up in the long term. I couldn't find any long term results. Dr's always show you before and after but usually only a few months to a year post op. It's a big decision. I hope this helps anyone decide whether the long term results are good or not. I am very happy with them. I guess the vertical scar is seriously the only possible negative thing? The pros definately out weighed the cons for me.

Charles H Stewart

Very respectful and talented. I never felt rushed. He was very willing to answer questions.

Thank you so much for posting a long term lift review! Much appreciated ! You look great
Thanks for posting this. You look great.
Thank you so much for posting! So thoughtful of you cause I wonder what results are like long term as well. :) I'm shopping now for different dr's to do a lift and implants on my very saggy/asymetrical breasts. Thanks again your breasts are gorgeous!! I hope mine turn out that good!
thanks you for sharing your story & pics! Im set to have a slight reduction & lift & was worried about the overall stability so to speak. Didnt want to spend all that money for them to sag again w/n a few short yrs! This makes me feel better to see & to hear you are still happy w/them
Thanks for sharing your story.. I'm need a lift & don't want all the scars.. It seems kind of hard to find drs doing the new "internal" lift like dr h..
You look fantastic! Can I ask if you were using any anti scar cream or oil religiously after your surgery and all through the 11 years? The scars are still noticable 11 years later (your breasts look amazing though dont get me wrong!) I just had a lift yesterday, and was worried about how long it takes the scars to fade away..

what are your secrets to keeping the lift in tact for 11 years?!?!? hehe! :)
I didn't use any scar cream or anything. It sure wouldn't hurt to try. I was younger and dumber at the time. I always keep a very supportive bra on except at night but then I usually have a cami on with like a built in shelf bra. I could probably go have the vertical scars revised like I had to have on one section that had a hard time healing and the scar was quite wide. That little section now has just a nice line and looks better than the rest of the scar. I think it just depends how tight you are pulled and how much weight is pulling on the skin because the scars under the breast in the crease are a lot better, just a white line, but they don't take the weight. Steri strips kept on longer so there isn't pressure right on the insicion while it is healing would be the best or after they are healed a revision when there is less pressure and they would do great. I will have to talk to my surgeon about that. Oh and it seems like the scars are pretty pink for about the first year. They are much less noticable if you go tanning or use a self tanner lotion.
Wow that sounds really interesting. I have tried to find it on the internet but have been unable to find any information on the operation you've described. If you or anyone else finds a webpage with details on it please post the link as I'd be really interested to find out more about it and which surgeons can do it!
Look at the Aug 4th comment by Miamimom. That Dr Horneski does a lift that uses the samr technique. Or google breast using chest muscle or muscle bra. I think those worked for me.
I recently had an uplift too! I heard about the Benelli lift but apparently you can only get that if the sagging is minor. As mine were very saggy I had to have the ancor breast lift. Have you heard of a Dr that can perform the Benelli lift on very low breasts?
I think some Dr's call a peri areola lift a Benelli which is actually not right because without the gladular lift securing the breast tissue to the chest muscle, you can only do a peri areola lift on smaller breasts. If they secure to the chest muscle they can get away with doing a peri A even on larger breast to just remove excessive skin. I would specificly ask a dr if it is a glandular type lift using the muscle for support. I know I have see Dr's online that do it but I haven't searched in my area for one that does it.
Lol
Do you have any photos taken during the year after your surgery that you can post? I'd be interested in seeing how they changed since surgery
Yes I have some pictures somewhere. Unfortunately normal digital cameras weren't real popular in 2001 so the pics are on a floppy disk, lol. I don't have anything that even reads a floppy disk anymore. Someday, someone is gonna put that disk in and die, lol.
Lol. I needed that laugh :-)
hilarious lol
Thanks for posting. It's good to see the results of a lift over time.
I saw that you are also in slc. It sounds like you reccommend the dr you used. Why did you choose him over other drs?
I did home health care so I was well aware not to EVER just trust a Dr because of credentials or licenses. Some Dr up in Layton/Ogden I visited really didn't have much for before and after photos of patients with a lift ONLY. And what I did see didn't impress me. Decided to look in SLC and found my Dr at an office with 5 other plastic surgeons. I spoke with the girls that schedules and told he I wanted a lift and asked which of the Dr's she would recommend. She said they were all good but some a bit more specialized in some areas. For a lift she said she sees all the patients before and after (the dr always has a female in the room during consults or check ups probably to prevent any harassment problems and comfort for client). She said she wanted to get a lift and she would have DR stuart do it. For a facelift or nose job she would have recommended a different DR. I guess mine just has a good esthetic eye and his before and after portfolio was nice. I didn't find any medical complaints or lawsuits on him. I also asked if I could speak with any of his breast lift clients for referal? Amazingly two different patients called me and told me about their experience and results but both actually had reductions. I figured a reduction was a lot more of a nightmare to do well than just a lift. One lady was like FF or G. Something enormous. His prices was fair and included everything, even anesthesia. Overall I trusted my gut. I felt good and at ease with him. If you second guess and have to say, "well, I don't know?" I would keep looking. You have instincts by nature and best if you listen to that. Hope that helps. :-)
Thanks for sharing your long-term results. You look great!
You look great! thank you for the pictures and information! I hope I am as happy as you in 11 years, less than 2 weeks to the big day!
Congrats! you look great.

Just FYI - my surgeon says anytime sagging comes back she just cuts off sagging extra skin again - below the nipples -For Free. It lifts you up just like you were after the initial lift. Instant lift, very easy surgery

It is a very simple in office procedure, since we already have the scars , they are zippers for easy up lifting. Some women go in every year or two for a tune up. You can do the same... And get an easy lift, no fuss, regularly. I sure will when the time comes

The muscle is put in front of implants NOT to hold up the breasts... It's purpose is to hide the top edge of the implant at the cleavage level .

Thanks for sharing
galant when you say the new technique that supports the breast by making a hammock, are you referring to the Ultimate Breast Lift technique that is performed by Dr. Horndeski or the like? I was looking into something like that. was wondering if you were talking about the same thing or a different technique. Thank you for leaving this review. It helps out so much!
IIt is actually called a "Benelli" or glandular type lift. Dr Horndeski utilizes the same thing. I read that about 20% of plastic surgeons are actually performing a glandular type lift because they are more complicated. I would definately look into a Dr that was very good with those types of lifts because I think the results would be more amazing and they typically avoid the vertical scar down the breast.
thank you for responding so quickly!