Talented Work and Listening Ear - Salt Lake City, UT

I went to Dr. Ferguson upon recommendation from...

I went to Dr. Ferguson upon recommendation from the FORCE (facingourrisk.org) site. I have a breast cancer gene (BRCA 2) that indicates that I have an extemely high chance of getting breast and ovarian cancer (and other cancers). I decided to have a preventative mastectomy. I set up a consultation with Dr. Ferguson to "interview" him, assess his bedside manner and see photos of his work. I was hoping to have breast reconstruction using the BRAVA fat grafting method, but with further discussion, we determined that I wouldn't have enough viable fat for this procedure.

I decided to have Dr. Ferguson reconstruct my breasts. Right now I still have expanders in and am anxious to see what the implants will look like. So far, I am very happy with my results.

A trait that I appreciate most with Dr. Ferguson,...

A trait that I appreciate most with Dr. Ferguson, is his desire to listen. You can tell that he is very detail oriented in the way that he listens and explains things to you. He is patient and positive! Dr. Ferguson and his PA, Travis are honest and insightful as we go through this reconstruction process. Ann, the nurse, is fabulous too! Dr. Ferguson and his staff are professional, positive, caring and supportive. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Ferguson to others. He is at Intermountain Medical Center and is part of the Huntsman Cancer Center team.

Thank you for sharing your personal story on RealSelf. I am glad to hear you are comfortable with your doctor and his staff; that is so important when you're going through a challenging time. How long ago was your first surgery and how much longer with your expanders? Looking foward to your updates!

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Facingourrisk.org (FORCE) message boards.