Acne Scar Treatment (Subcision, Fotoma Fractional, Chemical Peel and Hyalarmic Acid Filler) - Salt Lake City, UT

My experience with Dr Taylor's office and team...

My experience with Dr Taylor's office and team from start to finish was fantastic. I had very extreme cases of acne scarring and was very nervous to talk about treatment options. The consultations were educational with options yet realistic about expectations. The procedures were very professional and the team made it very comfortable. I am just as happy about the service after the procedure and follow ups days and weeks after my procedure. I'm super happy with my results as you can see in the attached even with my extreme case of scarring prior to the procedures. Thank you Dr Taylor and team!

Posting pictures after 7 weeks

<from comment on 12.19.13> By all means, ask all the questions you wish to ask. I had all the same questions before the procedures and more than happy to share. I would say I've retained about 90-95% improvement on my lower half of my cheeks. The upper half and temple area on one side is about 85-90% while the other side is about 65-70%. We used some acid filler for that area but that is temporary and last about 2 years. I know this is a big decision especially traveling from England. Feel free to ask more questions on comments or send me messages.

Results after 3 months

After 3 months, some of my acne scars have come come back but are still much lighter and not as deep as they originally were. I'm posting both morning as well as evening pics as my skin looks 100x better in the morning. I tend to turn red with more pigmentation on my treated scars and their depth feel like they are a little more pronounced, probably due to tightness by end of day. I'm still very happy with results especially if you consider where I was before.
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Gateway Aesthetic staff and Dr Taylor are top of the line in service, friendliness and results. I highly recommend the entire staff!

Hello, By pure luck, I found that a medspa has used your before/after picture in an advertisement on the website to promote their scar treatment. They used one of your photos were the scars weren't actually healed, but still recovering, so it is definitely false advertising. Also, I don't know if the photos were used with your permission or not. Anyway, here is the link if you want to check it out:***removed 3rd party website***
it's the bottom pic.
Thanks for letting me know. I was not aware of it.
Thanks for all of the great comments. Would you like me to add the details of the treatment on this site? Dr. T
Please do. It would help us to know what you did to give him such great results.
I use tumescent anesthesia to fill, firm, tighten and anesthetize the skin to keep the skin firm, completely anesthetized and to control bleeding during the submission procedure. Following the tumescent anesthesia I use surgical subcision tools that I have invented to perform submission on the entire scarred area through a single small (2-3mm) incision in the sideburn area. I then used the Fotona SP Dynamis laser in Erbium mode to do an aggressive fractional resurfacing. This laser has less risk of hyper pigmentation in Asian skin. We then applied PRP, 830nm Omnilux light and used Clindamycin ointment and Vaniply for the first week and Vanacream for the second week post operatively. The patient was instructed to protect the skin from the sun 100% of the time using a large brimmed hat and sunblock until the healing was complete and the skin had returned to normal color (1 to 2 months) to avoid post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. I have now treated over 400 patients over the past 6 years. Our average improvement after one treatment in the first 114 patients was 72%.
I had Erbium 7 yrs ago. It left me with pigmentation & a dent along with a lot of other scars when it took my skin peeled off. I had fat loss on my cheek that made a dent. That's why I'm here on these boards. I want to stay away from lasers now. I had more treatments with Fraxel (7) , Smoothbeam (3), Affirm (2) & Perfecta (1) laser that did little to help. How do you feel about needling? Have you ever tried needling on any patients? Did you use any fillers to help lift the scars up while they were healing so they wouldn't go back to their original shape or depth after subcision? Were any fillers used on any of the scars you didn't didn't do? Your opinion would be helpful. Thanks Dr.
Post some good photos. I think I could still help you a lot. Best, Mark B. Taylor, MD
I have one on my profile. I'll send more to your e mail. Wish you had an office closer because i would need more then one treatment & I live in PA. Too far to keep going back and forth but your opinion would be helpful Thanks Dr. Taylor
The treatment is usually a single treatment. I just treated a patient this week who flew in from London. Dr.T
When you can then let me know what you think of my picture on my profile. If you think one treatment can help it would be great but what about follow ups? God I would love it fixed in one treatment because I've had so many others that I've had multiple treatments with & it still didn't help. Thanks Dr T
I looked at your photo on your profile. Yes, we and help you a lot in a single treatment. Down time is about ten days for most of my patients. Best, Dr.T
Dear Sats, what a wonderful opportunity...whatever it takes go! Please post pictures before and after. Maybe it is worth the trip for many others.
We are treating acne scar patients from all over the world and are getting great results. So far everyone who has come has felt that it was well worth the trip. Best, Mark B. Taylor, MD
That is amazing Dr. Taylor. Perhaps u could encourage your patients to post pictures on here. Most acne scar patients have experienced disappointment after disappointment and spent thousands of dollars in their quest. It would be far more encouraging to see more than one patient that has had a successful result b4 spending the time and money traveling out of state and paying for plane fare and a hotel. Perhaps some of your patients would allow you to post pictures. Thank you for the time u have taken to respond to questions in this forum.
We have lots of before and after photos on our website gatewaylasercenter.com. Most of my patients are not willing to go public with their photos even though we ask them to do so. We have now treated over 400 patients.
Thank you for your reply.
Dr. T - I sent an e-mail to the e-mail provided on your website and I contacted you via realself regarding an online consultation (skype or e-mailed pictures) if possible. I have similar scarring and would like to get this treatment done, but I have a darker skin color (Hispanic brown/tan). I would be need to fly over there, so I have several questions to ask. Thank you for your time.
Are your results still holding well after a few more months?
Hi there. Yes still looking and feeling good.
Just wondering if you'll be getting a 2nd treatment?
Hi GTOLEN, just wondering how you're coming along now ?
hi mate, could you please tell me what the downtime is like, because im planning to fly over this june to get the same treatment done, i'd just like to know what to expect. thanks
God bless you, your result are amazing especially becuz so many of us do not get good results despite our efforts. Thank you for sharing. If you would put your procedures in chronological order that would be greatly appreciated.
Everything was done at same time with the exception of filler which was done one month later and a little more month after that.