Skinny Fat Girl - Salem, NH

51, 5' 2". 125lbs. Sounds skinny right? with...

51, 5' 2". 125lbs. Sounds skinny right? with exercise, eating right and not happy with the hip area for the past 5 yrs I've decided to get smart lipo. Did my research, could get regular lipo or smart lipo. Decided on smart lipo. Will update with pics soon and my journey to no muffin top! Counting the days!

Day of...

Get a call that I'm being bumped up an hour early. Very excited. On my way to the surgery center I take a pain pill and something for anxiety, which by the way I was not feeling. The doctor comes in and explains procedure again, happy for that. The not knowing is the hardest. Take 2 more pills because I'm having local and not going under. Ok it's time, 3 pills, felling very relaxed. Let's do it.

Update of procedure.

Had procedure, took around 1 hr and 15 minutes. Stayed awake and listened to my ipod. The feeling was something like a really rough massage, not uncomfortable until he hit a spot in my back. Anyways, that lasted a second. I could feel him taking the fat in his hands and sucking away. I was smiling!

Feeling sore

Feels like I had a really good work out. Only once did I have some oozing. was a little difficult to sleep with this band around my waist but it will be worth it. No meds.

day 1 picture

Forgot to post

Day 3!

My doctor called today. He's great. Asked about my experience and how I'm feeling. I was back to work on Thursday and felt great and Friday is even better. I can't say enough about my doctor, his staff and the surgery center. I will keep you updated. So far I'm loving the results.
Dr. Chatson

I'm so happy that I chose Dr. Chatson and his team. My overall experience from the first step in his door was positive. I never felt uncomfortable and he answered all my questions. When I asked about other areas he was very honest with me. I would refer Dr. Chatson in a minute.

Wow, your bra doesn't even move any fat!  I wish mine didn't!
Congrats!!!! You make it sound like a walk in the park,wooohooooo! Unbelievable that you listened to your ipod during the procedure and went back to work on Friday!! You're hard core. Love it. I hope i can handle it like you. :) You results are coming along fast.
Bella, not everyone is the same nor do the have the same pain tolerance. Wishing you success, when are you having yours done?
Very true. In October. Too HOT right now. Thank you ;)
I know your right. This band is very HOT and I can't lay on the beach with it. LOL
But you look GREAT!
Thanks for posting and I'm glad you are feeling well. I'm thinking of doing this procedure as well.
Im very happy. I wish I had done it sooner. Go for it, if its something you really want
Looks pretty good so far.
Thank you. I'm pleased
I hope you keep us updated:) considering smart lipo aswell and soon:)
I feel like it was the right choice. I had a quote for 6k for regular lipo and thought about the down time. Now everyone is different and some can't handle pain but I hardly felt any pain through the entire process
Congratulations on finding what worked for you! I have very similar numbers to you:, 50 yrs, 125lbs 5'1.5". My areas of concern are thighs, waist and abdomen. I'm starting my research and, if you don't mind, I have a couple of questions for you. First, why did you choose smart lipo over Vaser lipo? Also, was there anything that stood out about your doctor's technique?
Hi Meadow, I did most of my research on Realself.com as I see your doing the same. I chose a doctor that was board certified and close to me. I wouldn't be able to compare his technique to others because every doctor is different and it's a skill that that they acquire from years of procedure time. Whether it was vaser or smart lipo I just knew I wasn't doing traditional liposuction. Wishing you well in your decision.
Congratulations!  I'm sorry I didn't wish you luck before--I'm lazy and rely on people posting that they're about to go into surgery, LOL!  But happy healing to you, at any rate!!!!

I hope you'll keep us updated as you heal.  You look great already! :)  I hope you manage to escape most of the swelling!
Very little swelling in the back area of the incision. Other than that, I feel great. Thank you for reaching out.
Great to hear the swelling continues to be minimal!
hello Post pics soon so we can see
a few pics are posted. :)
Hello and welcome!  Have you chosen a doctor yet?  Looking forward to seeing the pics!