Ready to Shed the Spanks! - Saint Petersburg, FL

I am 31 years old and a mother of 2 beautiful...

I am 31 years old and a mother of 2 beautiful children, a 10 year old and a 6 year old. My weight has fluctuated between 135lbs and 200+ (Honestly I don't know my highest weight). I have always been insecure about my weight and how I look. I woke up one day last April and decided I had had enough. I was at my heaviest, at least 200lbs and felt terrible. I went to the gym with a friend and joined on the spot. I made weight loss my #1 goal. I am proud to say that in 7 months I lost 40+ lbs. I went down 4 dress sizes. Everyone around me commented on how great I looked and what a difference they saw. Unfortunately, I just didn't see it. When I looked in the mirror I still saw the lose skin hanging and my stomach hanging over my clothes. No matter what size I wore I couldn't escape it.

I had always thought about getting a Tummy Tuck but never seriously. I decided to research it and talk to a few doctors. Honestly I didn't know what they would say. I feared walking into their office and hearing "Nope, you're just fat... lose more weight". I knew I had worked hard but what if they said I needed to do more? I had hit a plateau and was frustrated. It wasn't about the number of the scale, it was how I looked.

It was a relief to hear from the doctors that my problem was a lot to lose skin, that no matter what I did it was always going to be there. I remember starting to cry in the office when I heard that. It felt good to hear.

So now I had all the information and it was time to find a doctor that I felt comfortable with and work to tell my family and friends my decision.

When I started writing last week, I got really...

When I started writing last week, I got really emotional. I'm not exactly sure why. I mean, I'm an emotional person as it is but for some reason this topic makes me teary every time I think or talk about it.

I think it's because there is finally an end in sight. It's an end the insecurities. It's an end to looking in the mirror and still seeing the 200lbs girl. It’s an end to crying in a clothing store because nothing fits right.

Most people think plastic surgery is for external benefits only and to some extent they are right but to me it is much more then that. One thing I've realized about this procedure and reading everyone's stories is that this is a very internal process.

When I told my friends what I had decided to do, the first question from everyone was "Why? Why are you doing this?". Not in a judgmental way but just in a concerned way. My answer was short.... "I'm doing this for me". No other reason. It's not for my husband or my family or my job or society. It really is for me. I want to feel better and I want to look better and be more comfortable in my own body.

I think that is why everyone has been so supportive. They know that I'm doing this for me and not to please anyone else.

It's been really great reading some of the post by...

It's been really great reading some of the post by other ladies who are looking forward to their surgery or are recovery from there surgery. I have so many questions to ask my doctor. I am waiting for them to get back from lunch so I can call and pick their brain. I do have a few questions for everyone out there:

1) Should I try to get a recliner for my recovery? I've been thinking about just renting one for a few months. What do you think?

2) I've read of few of you that you purchase a plastic stool for the bath tub. Should I? My doctor didn't mention it.

3) What would be some good post-op clothes? I need some good suggestions?

I will post more after I talk to my doctor.

Well ladies my surgery is a little more than 6...

Well ladies my surgery is a little more than 6 weeks away. I am getting really excited about it. I think about it all day every day.

There has been a lot to do to prepare. Because my surgery is the week after Thanksgiving I'm trying to make sure I have everything taken care of for Christmas beforehand. About 90% of my Christmas shopping is done. Everything is on lay-a-way. We will take it off right before Christmas and I'm blessed to have many friends offering to come over and help wrap. We are going to decorate the house for Christmas before Thanksgiving so that everything is up and ready to go before the big day.

I am a bit of a control freak so the not knowing has got me really scared. I'm not worried about the pain or the cost of the procedure or missing work. I am so worried about how I'm going to feel. Am I going to be able to move around and be involved in Christmas? Will I be able to cook dinner? Will I be able to sit on the floor and open gifts with my kids?

It's been great reading everyone's comments. It gives me some peace of mind that I will be okay enough to participate on Christmas day.

I've decided to rent a recliner. I'm thinking of getting 2; one for the downstairs and one for upstairs. It seems like that's going to be my best bet. I think I'm going to be more comfortable for me then my couch or chair or bed.

Lots to think about! Oh plus, I need to try to lose 10 lbs before then. So far that goal is not going well.

Tomorrow is my pre-op appointment. I have been...

Tomorrow is my pre-op appointment. I have been waiting for this day for almost 2 months. I can't believe it's almost here. My surgery is in 15 days!!! OMG! I can't even image how I'm going to feel, how I'm going to look and what the next 2-3 months are going to be like.

I have to admit I am really stressed out. There has been so much going on in my life to prepare for this day. Because I travel for my job I've had to complete all my 4th quarter tasks in about 5 weeks. I have been on a plane just about everyday since the middle of September.

My weight loss isn't going great. I'm only down 2-3 lbs. My goal was 10lbs by tomorrow. Kinda bummed about that.

I think I'm just about done with most of my holiday shopping. Lord knows I won't be doing any of that after my surgery. Luckily I have wonderful little elves who will be coming over and helping me wrap.

One things for sure, I have pretty great friends.

Still haven't decided if I want to rent a recliner for my recovery. What do you think? Should I?

;More to come tomorrow after my appointment. Here we go!