Full Tummy Tuck with Mr, Breast Lift Without Implants - Saint Peters, MO

I had a full tummy tuck with muscle repair and a...

I had a full tummy tuck with muscle repair and a breast lift without implants. I initially wanted implants but upon further research decided it was too much risk for me to take. I am a 36 yo sahm to 3 kids(3,5,7). I am 5'4 with my weight around 128-132, depending on the day. Clothes sizes generally 4-6, breast size approx 34 A or B. I wrecked my body through neglect and having 3 kids in 4 years. With the first 2 pregnancies, I gained 50 lbs. I lost track w number three, but remained around 210 lbs (size 18) through my children's first years. I breastfed exclusively taking my original A breasts to DD's. I finally got fed up with being fat and started committing myself to weightloss in Jan 2011. It's been a long hard fight to get back to this weight. I am fitter than I've been since my teens but was plagued with the excess belly fat/skin that did not respond to diet and exercise. My breasts were flat and pointed straight down making it hard to even find bras to fit correctly. I knew I needed this FOR ME, to stay motivated and feel comfortable in my own skin again. My skin has poor elasticity so I will never truly look the way I would like. I have no interest in going through multiple surgeries to try and obtain that. I am almost 2 weeks post op and am in a depressed state, not fully convinced it was worth it yet. Intellectually, I understand it will be a long healing process, but it's been a harder recovery than I anticipated. I was in good shape doing cardio 5-6 days a week and weights 3 days a week so I though I would not feel so bad. I had heard lots of talk on forums about it being an easier recovery than a c section and I think it was 20x harder than my 2. I know everyone is different in healing time. I'm sure it will be worth it as everyone else seems to conclude. I am immediately happy with my breasts however! They are small yes but the nipples are up where they used to be! :) The steri strips are still on so I am hoping the scars dont freak me out, but at least I can go bra less without looking like an 80 yo!

Added detailed pics, Frankenstein woman, ready to...

Added detailed pics, Frankenstein woman, ready to feel normal, I'm so impatient!

Has anyone else experienced pronounced depression...

Has anyone else experienced pronounced depression around the 3-4 week mark. I am 4 weeks po today and feel trapped in my body. I struggle with depression but can usually keep it in check with exercise. No exercise is really getting to me. Being tired all the time is getting to me. Having a house to run and kids to keep up with is getting to me. I am sitting in the sun (spf on the scars) and that helps a bit but just struggling, longing to feel normal. WHA WHA WHA....cry me a river, I know.

What a difference a month makes! Feeling so much...

What a difference a month makes! Feeling so much better. Loving the flat belly. Still have a nagging, sometimes painful pulling on my upper right abs. I've tried to get back to working out, I'm feeling seriously unmotivated, gotta get over that. I've been on my elliptical a few times. I wear my binder but still swell and get lumpy under the incision but not horribly bad after exercise. Very happy the worst is over and I am so thankful for no complications. Just gotta get back to exercising and gain some muscle. Finally found an app that lets me do side by side pics. You can really see the difference when looking from that perspective. That has helped me see how far I've come and that all this pain was worth it!
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Avatt, your results looks amazing…its so flat and tight! When did your swelling started and ended? I just had my TT and I'm 15days PO.
My first 10 days PO i was pretty flat then the swelling kicked in. When I sit down I can see folds yuk! I’m scare my surgeon didn’t pull me tight enough. when u sit during your swellings do u see folds?Thanks!
Amazing results! You look great!!
Thank you Ana313. You are looking great as well!
Okay, I had extended tummy tuck, with a breast lift...no implants, on June 11th. The depression can be awful...I hate asking for help, I hate not being able to do things for myself, and I REALLY hate not getting outside much. Ugh. Happy with my results so far...a few bad areas on my tt incision that are taking time to heal, but my bl is great!~
YES the depression IS AWFUL!! I'm so glad I'm over the worst of it and just have my normal craziness:) If you are happy with your results now then you will LOVE them in another month. It really is a big difference. My belly looks MUCH better and not nearly as much swelling.
I think you have come far. You look much better than my P.O. body of 10 days now, and we are of the same height, but I weigh 18 pounds more and it shows! My breasts are bigger than I'd hoped, but I'm hoping at least some of it is just swelling. If they take my third drain out today, I'll be posting more pictures of the post-process without wrappings.
@ Kapilani....I wish my boobs were bigger, I really liked the size when they were swollen. Too bad my belly has to keep swelling and not my boobs! ;) By 3 weeks mine were no longer swollen.

10 days po is so new, yikes, I feel for ya! Hope you are healing nicely.
HI Avett1, My breasts are baseball sized, when I wanted tennis balls. Oh well. I think I'm having a little of the expected depression, too. Wondering why oh why did I spend all this money? Also, it's sad that I couldn't share it with my mom. She would not have supported me at all.
THANKS!!

Yes I turned the corner at 4 weeks. Its just a long, slow recovery. So thankful I have not had any healing issues. My swelling could be worse, I'm just ready to be 100%:)

BeautifulMe...Yes I finally forced myself out of the house and it was nice. Just tired, but the depression has gotten better. Had some friends visit, its nice to have support.
I know how you feel but it gets better. I was the same way. I'm telling you each week it gets better.
you'll be fine. I know exactly how you feel. Do you have a social network? Apart from your family that is. I recently relocated and have no friends and pretty much feel depressed at times. The gym really helps because I get to chat with other ladies. My next step is getting a couple of friends and having some girls night out.....it's easier said than done because of the demands of a house full of kids but I need to invest the time for my own sanity.Maybe you can do that too. Dressing up and going out certainly helps!
hang in there! you look great!❤
Hang in there!! It will pass and before you know it you will be back in the swing of things. :)
Thanks! I'm over this recovery and it's only been 4 weeks:) LONG road ahead!
You look beautiful. So glad to find someone else on this forum that is having a lift without implants. I undergo my procedures on Monday 6.18.
omg!! You look beautiful!! You Don't look like you have much swelling either. Your boobs are perfect too. Congratulations you must be thrilled.
You look really great and the scar is nice and low! I would love to get my boobies done as well, and like you I wouldn't do implants, just want them to be perky :P Maybe someday, after I pay off the tummy tuck lol.