The Mole Grew Back After a Month and Half - Saint Paul, MN

I have a mole removal in middle of march. The...

I have a mole removal in middle of march. The method was shaving. After a month and half, it grew back completely as it has been before. It is even darker now. it has flatten a little bit because i have been using scar zone product. i I was so disappointed about the result. At the day of surgery, I have made an appointment to come check back in 6 weeks later. I thought they will call me to remind of this appoinment, but i havent heard anything from them. I dont even bother to call and complain or do anything, because i don't have insurance to cover any further treatment.
Minneapolis Dermatologic Surgeon

She was nice, but i was so disappointed about the result. At the day of surgery, I only got a chance to talk with 2 nurses, and they didn't explain what the doctor was going to do. They only explained about the prices because I didn't have insurance. The second nurse took a look at my mole. Then. the doctor came in and did the surgery without talking much. I didn't care, because i thought this was a small surgery, so the doctor should know what to do. At the day of surgery, I have made an appointment to come check back in 6 weeks later. I thought they will call me to remind of this appointment, but i havent heard anything from them. I dont even bother to call and complain or do anything, because i don't have insurance to cover any further treatment. I have read good reviews about this place, but it wasn't as i expected. I have saved my money for this surgery because i dont have insurance.

Cateful! A mole that grows back that fast may be cancerous, particularly since it came back darker. I don't know any derm who wouldn't remove it again. You might not want to deal with the experience again, but your health is on the line.
Hi Goodwill.. I just had a few moles removed on my face and one seems to have pigment coming back as well. But it's almost like a purple-ish color. But it's darker than any other scar I have so I feel like it's a mole coming back.. Whatever was the outcome with your mole? Did you end up just leaving it? I want my doctor to redo it. She never said it could come back and now it's like I got the whole thing removed for no reason and wasted time and money!! :(
First of all, I totally understand your feeling now, and I'm sorry to hear your story. I just leave my mole there for now until I have enough money to redo it. Yes!! You should ask your doctor to redo it. I hope you will have a better result. Please tell me how it go.
@ Miss sydney: Hi there. Thanks for commenting. I wonder it it's OK to ask for my money back? I know this is a silly question because I have paid the whole cost already. I'm just curious.
@mmamma I think you only signed up to this form to comment on my post. I saw your profile. You became a member on May 29th, 2013 and went straight here to comment.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I think this review somehow might be deleted soon, because my other review on Yepl has been deleted. Other negative reviews from others about this dermatology has been deleted also. I don't want to argue about this. I have paid my price. That's enough.
I think the office has responsibility to remind the patient of their appointments. At least, when I wrote this review, they should have contacted me or even commented like others doctors did. I just received a bill for pathologist fee from them. I paid right away without question because I don't wanna get involve with this anymore. I have read an updated review about this unprofessional office, so I don't see the need of contacting them. It's my right to write a review according to my experience. @mmamma: I wrote a exact review like this on Yep about this office, but it got deleted. I think you are related to this office or they paid you.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Actually, the onus is not on the patient to do their "research" about a procedure. Legally, it is the drs duty to advise re pros and cons of a procedure, what it involves, the risks, potential side effects, likelihood of success.This is what "informed consent" is all about. As for "common knowledge", that's a useless thing to say in medicine, as again, it is the drs responsibility that a patient is made aware of the success rate of any given procedure. That's some free legal advice for you, from a lawyer, as you seem to be blaming this person for what she has gone through.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Hi goodwill, Ive only just come across your question. To be honest, i don't think they would, or have an onus to refund. Depends on whether they told you a shaved mole could grow back. Consider whether it's worth the stress of dealing with them...Shaved moles can definitely grow back. Ive many shaved myself, and most grew back. They're just stubborn little suckers (the roots cause them to grow back)! :) I personally didn't bother going back for another shave. I had approx 27 removed surgically (excised) only a few months ago. I still have red scarring, but i know over time that will fade. Major benefit of surgical excision, is the mole is sent off for analysis, so if there is anything sinister, you'll find out early on. Given the mole is on your face, i would see a plastic surgeon. I personally would never go to anyone for any cutting of skin on the face apart from a plastic surgeon. Going to anyone else is playing Russian roulette in my opinion. Plastic surgeons work to a completely different (higher) standard. I also learned recently from a dermatologist never to burn moles off - because it burns the mole on top of the skin, and it looks fine, but under the surface, if skin cancer starts, it won't be noticeable until the cancer spreads. I had many burned off in the past year, but went and cut them all out this year just to be safe. Such a hassle, but i guess we live and learn...
I don't even know what did she do. She believe she used the shaving method.

I'm so sorry to hear it grew back so quickly. :( Did you have it biopsied?