Boobs Boobs Boobs! - Saint Paul, MN

My obsession with boobs started at the age that I...

My obsession with boobs started at the age that I should've been growing them myself. My childhood best friend had a C cup in elementary school, so naturally I felt insecure. As I grew older and watched pretty much everyone around me get their boobs, I felt like a freak because I had nothing. So, needless to say, I have been researching and wanting my breasts done since then!

I am now 29 and feel that there is no better time than now to finally feel good in my own skin. This is the only body I am getting in this lifetime, so why not enjoy it and look the way I want...right?

My best friend just got her boobies done, and it gave me inspiration to finally take steps towards something I have ALWAYS wanted.

Here are my stats:
29 YO
No kids
5'8"
150 lbs - currently losing weight
34AA - this is a guess, I don't know my exact size

Before Photos

Here are some naked boobie shots to give you all an idea of what I'm dealing with LOL Needless to say, they do NOT go with my very curvy body (I've got a lot of junk in the trunk)!

Wish Boobs!

In 10 days I have my very first consultation with my (hopefully) soon-to-be PS! I am SO excited! Trying to be as prepared and informed as possible! I am terrified that o am going to get in there and go blank, forgetting all my questions and concerns! Luckily my best friend will be with me, and she just had her boobs done by him not too long ago.

Any suggestions of things I should ask or talk about, that I maybe wouldn't think to??

Rice Sizers

With my consultation a week away, I decided to experiment with sizers, just to get a feeling of where to start size-wise. Well, since I was NOT interested in taking hours to make everything perfect, they turned out lumpy, and they were slightly two different sizes lol! It still gave me a general idea though of what it would look like and feel like to have SOMETHING there. Its almost unsettling to see so much there when you're used to nothing there at all. I imagine it takes a bit of getting used to after surgery.

Anyways, for those of you just starting your research, here is the guide to making your own rice sizers:

What you will need:
°Pantyhose - Make sure they are the ones WITH the feet (cheap thin pantyhose for lower profile or a slightly more opaque pantyhose for higher profile)

°Rice - Any kind is fine, however the instant rice sticks together and is extremely lumpy looking!

°Measuring cups and spoons

°Sports Bra - they look best if tried on with a sports bra

°Calculator (if you're bad at math like I am!)

Measuring out CC's:
1 Cup=236cc
1/2 Cup=118 cc
3/4 Cup=177 cc
1/4 Cup=59 cc
1/3 Cup=78 cc
2/3 Cup=156 cc
1/8 Cup=30 cc

First cut the pantyhose so you only have about a foot from the toe, and fill each with desired cc's. I used a funnel so I wouldn't make a mess. Pack rice together at the bottom and tie so there is no extra space for the rice to move around too much (should still be able to move/mold rice into different shapes). Cut off excess pantyhose and pop them into your sports bra. Smooth rice to get rid of lumps and mold into the proper shape.

Consultation Time!

So, tomorrow is my consultation and I am excited beyond belief, and actually nervous for some reason! I think its all the anticipation and YEARS of wanting to get to this point! Its just all a big build-up. Above everything, I'm just really excited to meet with someone and discuss my options! I will update tomorrow after my appointment! :)

Consultation went well!

I had my consultation earlier today, and all I can say is that I'm nothing short of blown away!! Every single thing about my experience there was amazing! I have made myself hold high standards through this process because this is a life long decision, and I want everything to go as smoothly as possible - as we all do!

I arrived to my appointment about 10 minutes early to fill out paper work. Then I was escorted back to a room where my PS's assistant (?) Talked to me about pretty much everything - Risks, complications, the surgery itself, revision policy, and my options for implants. Then she showed me the different profiles and types of implants. They were all warm from being heated (for when I tried them on so there wasn't an unpleasant shock of cold against my boobies). Then I changed into a mini gown (the size of a shrug almost, just covering my breasts) and she took me to a room where she took photos of me. After we talked a bit the doctor came in and introduced himself, measured me, and then we talked about sizing. He asked me a bunch of questions and I told him maybe we should start at 450cc. He looked at me like I was crazy so he just said "here, try this first". I happened to LOVE the size he gave me (proof that he knows his shit!). I was shocked to learn it was 600 cc. He put me in mod profile because I have such broad shoulders and I'm not necessarily narrow through the rib cage area. I also tried 650cc but felt it was right on the cusp of being too big for my liking. I could feel a weight difference on that one, that I didn't really like. Once I chose the size I liked best, they recorded it and we went over pricing.

All in all, I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Both of them put my mind at ease and I felt absolutely comfortable and confident in their care.

I looked at dates in December and also in February. Not sure which one will be better, hut I'm leaning towards February. All I have to do now is figure out the financial part of it. Trying to get a loan might be a bit difficult...but if there's a will, there's a way!! :)

one more photo....

This photo didn't load correctly...

photo

For some reason that photo won't display correctly.

Surgery Date Booked!!!!

Today I emailed the patient coordinator with a few basic questions regarding the surgery and booking the date etc. She responded to me pretty much right away! I scheduled it for February 3rd!!!!! I know its a bit of a wait, and will probably feel like 'til kingdom come until the day rolls around, but its the best time for me. Its one of the slowest times at work (my job invloves constant carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling, etc), and it gives me time to square things away. I don't currently have health insurance and I don't feel comfortable having the surgery until I am covered. Another MAJOR thing is $$$. I am still not 100% sure how I will be paying for this. But I feel confident that things will work out. :)

I have been SO excited to share my news with someone all day! The 2 people I told just acted like I'm weird for doing this. It bummed me out! I wanted someone to be excited for me! And be supportive! So I just texted my best friend, and what do you know, she is just as excited for me as I am for myself!

I have been reading this booklet my PS gave me (since I'm going with Natrelle) that has a lot of cool and interesting things in it. It has a place to store your implant identification cards, checklists and quizzes, and a place to write down your questions and concerns for you PS at post op. Anyway, its just something to keep my mind busy but still boobie related HAHA!

Are you going to add after pictures ?
yay for boobies hun not to long left to wait bet you are super excited i love my boobies sooooooo much  i had 525 cc overs and am now a 36dd and they are so natural the way i like them x
Good luck to you! Remember, every situation is unique, and what is good for you might not be good for someone else. It's good to get feedback, but in the end, have everything be your decision with the help of your PS. I have had my boobies for a year now, and I would do it all over again. It's some of the best money I ever spent! Good luck to you!
I think that size fits you well :) one thing I have learned is different people look different in the same size implants. You chose what you want :) that's what matters
Thank you for that validation!! I agree, I have seen people with a similar size and sometimes it has looked huge and sometimes it has looked too small (for what I'm wanting). That's what's tough and I keep going back and forth. I think, maybe I should go up just a tad if I really like the 600...then I think oh gosh what if they turn out bigger than what the implant seemed to be and maybe I should go down a bit. Haha I know this is all completely normal but its hard! Anyways, thank you SO MUCH for your support!!! Xoxo
RedSilhouette, sorry if you have already post this, but have you chosen a PS you're going with? I'm also from the Twin Cities area and I'm looking to get a BA early 2014.
That's great! Yes, I have chosen a PS! I have withheld hos name and will until after my surgery, but I will PM you and give you the info. I have had the BEST experience there and I feel completely safe and in good hands! :)
they look great,,, hope mine come close
Yay! I'm so happy for you that a date has set. Next stop...Boobstown! As far as payment goes, does your PS accept Care Credit? I financed thru them for LASIK surgery and with a small deposit was able to finance the balance for 0% interest for 12 months. Your right though, where there's a will there's a way! Best of luck to you :)
Thank you so much!! They do have care credit but the monthly payments are too high. If I choose a longer payment plan the interest is crazy! Sooo I will have to find another way. I am going to try a credit union and see how that goes! Thanks again doll!
I was a 34B and sometimes a small C. I got 600cc imants and they do seem large so far but I am still very tight and my breasts have not taken shape yet. My goal was to be a DD after my procedure. From the look of things, I'll be achieving that! I do believe they will look fabulous-oh when they are healed. I love them so far!! My friends all want to touch them...
I have been stalking your profile because I knew you were getting 600cc and I was dieing to see how everything turned out! They seriously look amazing already!!! I think that size looks stunning on you - good call :)
Hey RedSillouette - I just wanted to pop in to your profile and say that - I know you aren't going to like this - 600cc's may be too big for you. I had tiny boobs after breastfeeding my 2 kids and I decided on 350cc Silicone's, also at the age of 29. I remember thinking 'OK they are great, but you can NEVER, ever put on weight'. I just immediately found that they made me feel fatter and I didn't like the feeling. Also everyone at work noticed, and I felt a bit judged, tbh, but so what?? Some of the men (and jealous women) made some comments...but anyways...I did it for me and only me. A could of people said to me 'Why did your husband ask you to do that??' I was so offended because although he supported me, it was 100% my decision. He didn't once ask me to get them. But anyway, I just wanted to say that to go from a small cupsize to 600cc's is going to be a massive change you might regret. I could not run on the treadmill any more with 350cc's, it was just too sore! So of course I put on weight and now 13 years later I am 72kg's. Well. maybe you will be more disciplined than me. But even the strongest sports bra didn't help. Also - you say that it's a once in a lifetime thing, but remember that in 10 years you are most likely going to need revision such as a lift and then your skin will be much thinner. Also you might get stretch marks from going too big, too quickly. So factor in the costs every decade, it's not a once-off. My lift and explant just cost me $11,000. I had my implants out yesterday and while I did love them, I just want C-cups again instead of E cups ;-) I hope you don't mind my chat, I still think you should go for it, but I don't trust Dr's that want you to go big, because they don't have to live with the discomfort. At age 40 you have a uni- boob and you just look fat! Also good advice above - what is the Dr's revision policy if something goes wrong, and is he/she a board certified plastic surgeon? Maybe consider a nice 300cc or 350cc's - just my 2c (From someone who has spent 5+ years wearing a minimiser bra!). I would never go 600cc's. I feel I should tell you the truth. Peace.
I do value and appreciate everyone's opinion, and thank you for your concern. It is my body and my decision. There is a reason why I chose 600cc...they fit my body! That's great that you chose 350cc, but that isn't the right size for ME. Everyone is different, and that's what's beautiful! You are right in that I should be sure - which I am, and that I should trust my PS - which I do. I do realize I will likely need a revision of some sort in my lifetime. I have already done more research than you are aware of :) Thank you for your concerns.
There are many factors in deciding which implant is right for each woman! Women even with similar stats will carry implants differently based on their anatomy. Make sure you trust your PS and do what is best for you! hugs!
That's exactly right! Thank you! I will be going back and trying sizers on again to be 110% sure. The 600 felt right. It felt a part of my body, like it was meant to be there, and it balanced me out perfectly. And I did tell him I would rather go too small than too big. I feel comfortable with my decisions so far :)
Hi RedSilhouette I absolutely wish you the best, and of course we all have different body shapes & sizes. I just felt I should share a different side with you but you have obviously done lots of research. I hope you are so happy with whatever you settle on :)
Thank you so much HayleyH, you are very sweet, I really appreciate that! :)
it's REAL! ;)
;) I feel like only negative people feel the need to comment on my profile lol Sigh.
Oops, that was in reference to above. But YES it is I'm SO excited!!! :-D
I'm glad your consultation went well! I'm tall like you and have a broad chest and wide boobs. I went in thinking maybe 350 and was stunned to realize I needed much more to fill up my lost volume and breast width. I'm going with 575cc, silicone round, mod plus, under muscle, crease incision. Best of luck to you!
Thank you!! You're surgery date is coming so soon!! Isn't it weird to think that all those cc's still look so natural though? That's what I thought...even though it sounded big, it looked RIGHT. I cant wait to hear how yours goes and see your results! I have been SO anxious and have had all these worries and fears, but after talking to my PS I feel so safe and secure with my decision. Sounds like you've had the same experience. Best of luck to you as well!! I will be eagerly awaiting your updates! :)