The "Giant Marshmallow" Shall Be No More - Saint Louis, MO

Hello RealSelf Family: I have loved this site...

Hello RealSelf Family:

I have loved this site from the very first time I logged on. I have enjoyed the stories as I can relate to so many.

I am 42 years old. I am a wife to a wonderful husband who loves me just the way I am. I (we) have five children (his and mine), three boys 22, 22 and 13 and two girls 19 and 18. I have had three C-Sections and a hysterectomy in June of this year. I gained 50 lbs with the first child, 29 with the second and only 9lbs with the last one.

Over the years my weight increased until I reached a size 20. My heaviest weight was 227. Over time I got down to a size 16 and stayed for many years.

April 2008 I had a breast reduction for medical reasons. My breasts were a 40DD. I didn’t mind that they were that size; the problem was that they hung as long as my arms…lol. The pain in my shoulders, neck and back had taken its toll and I had to do something. I went to what was supposed to be a C-cup. The problem with that was that I had a severe case of a-symmetry and the doctor failed to correct it. I have one C-cup and one D-cup. I am please the results with the exception of the a-symmetry. I am thinking of trying to get this corrected with the tummy tuck.

I have wanted a tummy tuck for over five years. For a long time, I thought was forced to live with the kangaroo pouch left from the previous C-sections. Once I learned that I didn’t have to live with this belly, I started to research my options. I wanted to have a tummy tuck for my fortieth birthday, however perimenopause thought otherwise. After six grueling months and finally getting to a new normal for this body, I decided I wanted to try this again. I lost my job was unemployed for 10 months and had to put it off again. During this time, I lost 20 lbs and got down to a size 14. I managed to keep it off for over a year.

Upon returning to work, the weight returned. I thought I would wait until I lost the same 20lbs again, but later realized that the difference in my waist size was three inches, so I decided that I would go ahead and have the tummy tuck at my current weight and size. I am not a small woman by any means. I love all my curves as I am blessed enough to be evenly proportioned.

I have my pre-op appt with my PS on 12-28-11. I will be given my medicines to take after the surgery and see some additional before and after photos of my PS’s work. I am very excited and cannot wait to see the results. I have not done any of the final prep work as described by so many. I will begin this process at the beginning of the year. Since I have had so many surgeries, I kind of know what to expect, I think…lol. I will continue to post as time gets closer. It is really wonderful to have a family like all of you who understand why I want to get rid of my “Marshmallow”.

I will post pics of my before very soon.

Hi Realself Family, Had my pre-op appt. on...

Hi Realself Family,

Had my pre-op appt. on January 4, 2012. Saw some great before and after photos of the work my ps performed. The physician's assistant, Marilyn was the sweetest woman in the world.

I received a bag full of goodies, my binder (and I will recive an addtional one in the hospital), silicone scar gel sheets, anicare tablets, cream, antibiotic shower cleanser and prescriptions. I still have all of the prescriptons from my hysterectomy.

I was also give a prescription for Lovenox for blood clots. Has anyone had to take these shots?

Now for the sad news. I will have to reschedule my surgery for the 17th of February. Had a few financial hiccups, tuition payments for my daughter, deductible for my car repair from an accident my son had in November.

I am determined to be ready next month. I DON'T CARE WHAT COMES UP!!!! I have sacrificed for years for everyone else and this is the one selfish thing I am going to do for myself.

I am so excited that this is going to happen. I look at the marshmallow everyday and laugh saying...."Your time is almost up"....lol

Now for the crazy news. I have NEVER been one to pack on the "holiday pounds". I don' know what the hell happened this year. I managed to gain six pounds over a three week period and I am having a fit. I am determined to get this off as well.

Doing better with the eating habits. Never been on a diet. Usually would make better food choices and exercise. Better choices are back, but excercising has been like a chore since my hysterectomy.

I have an appt. with my GYN this week and will have my hormone levels checked because I suspect that to be part of the problem.

What ever it is, it will be changed soon....lol

Until next time.....

Thank you so much for the compliment. :)) how are you?
Hey there. Did you ever get a new date? Good luck.
Just wondering if you were able to finally put yourself first and get your surgery on the schedule. Looking at your pictures you deserve to have that flat tummy after all you do for everyone else. I sure hope you're making plans.
Hi, I'm from the Lou. Haven't scheduled my surgery yet. Who are you using?
Welcome 40ish you are having surgery on my birthday! I'm 2 months out and trust me its the best thing I ever done for ME! Good luck on your journey.
Hi Realself Family,

What ever it is, it will be changed soon....lol

Until next time.....
Welcome 40ishandSexy!! You and I are having our tt close together. It will be fun keeping track and following each other. I am nervous and excited at the same time! We can do it!!!! On our journey to the flat land.
Yes ma'am. I love the comment "journe to the flat land"...lol
Met with PS today just to get a few additional questions answered. Have another appointment on January 4, 2012. At the next appointment I will receive all of my meds and view before and after photos of the work done by the PS.
Hey 40ishandSexy! I know you are super excited! I had mine on Dec 15th so I'll be 2 weeks post op tomorrow (still can't believe its been 2 weeks already). Time really flies, it will be Jan 20th before you know it!
How did your pre-op go today?
Yay for a surgery date 40ish!! Mine is scheduled for Jan. 9th. From your story, you are experienced with surgeries and probably have a good idea of what to expect. I've never even broken a bone so I'm a bit nervous about the general anesthesia. Look at the Forums>"January Tummy Tuckers Check In Here" lots of us Jan tt'ers there. :)
Hi,

Can't wait to see your results!! Good Luck!!!

I am glad you are enjoying the site.   We love having you here and look forward to following your journey.

I will be watching for the pictures.