6 Front Veneers - Saint Louis, MO

I have always hated my smile. I had crooked yellow...

I have always hated my smile. I had crooked yellow teeth. My incisors were too small and crooked. I decided to have veneers done. The procedure itself wasn't too bad. I didn't have much sensitivity when my teeth were prepped. I had to wear the hideous temporaries for 3 1/2 weeks. Overall I am glad I went through with it. I am having whitening done soon on the rest of my teeth to match. Hopefully once the whitening is done the veneers won't stand out as much.
Dr. White

Sorry to ask a dumb question. Do they still grind the teeth down to stubs? What do your teeth look like now underneath the veneers? Thanks--this is my one hang-up about going forward with getting veneers.
Yes they do grind them down. They looked like sharp fangs.
Thanks--was always curious about that! Your results are great--you look fabulous!
They look good and I know you're happy with them. But your original teeth had a cute quality too them. Not perfect, but still ok.
How many teeth did you get done, they look amazing. Was anything painful?
I had the front top 6 done. I did not have any pain. I will say for about two months I had trouble with speech and too much saliva. Now it's fine and they feel like they belong now.
Wow, that's awesome they look really good. I was told I would need 10 because of how big my smile is and it was $1400 a veneer. Your $5000 was a great deal;-) Thanks so much!
I went to two different dentist. I was told to get 10 by the other dentist. I went with the 6 an we did whitening on the other teeth. Of course 10 would have been ideal but that's very expensive.
your teeth look nice but I think your first dentist was correct on how many or even 8. Common Mistake The rule of 4-8-10 is a good example of the 4-8-10 rule. All too often I see (and usually have to replace) veneers placed on Nos. 6 to 11. Dentists get caught in a trap laid by patients. A patient will come in for a consultation and request to have porcelain veneers placed on the anterior six teeth. The patient asks for this because when he or she looks in the mirror, all he or she sees is the anterior six teeth. The patient thinks that esthetically changing these teeth will make the difference he or she is looking for. In reality, when a patient smiles, the anterior eight and often 10 teeth appear. By not considering this when discussing a smile makeover, dentists can often end up with a less than ideal result. The 4-8-10 rule means that in most veneer cases the most appropriate treatment plan is either treating teeth 7 to 10 or treating the anterior 8 to 10 teeth. If the patient is happy with his or her teeth color or we can bleach the teeth to an acceptable shade, then often the best and most conservative approach is to veneer the anterior four teeth. However, if the patient wants to make a dramatic change in the color of his or her teeth, then we need to evaluate all the teeth that show in the patients’ broadest smile. It is these teeth that will require veneers. In most people the first premolars are prominent in their smile, and in many patients the second premolars can be seen in a broad smile. The number of teeth displayed determines how many teeth need to be esthetically restored
I think your teeth were really pretty before, but of course they're perfect now :D.  Do you know what type of whitening procedure you're going to go with?  And also, did you discuss the color with the doctor to make sure they thought your veneer color was attainable by your other teeth?  Or is it less important that they match than that they be white? :)

Thank you for reviewing!!!
I am going to do Kor whitening. Yes, I discussed the color with the doctor and he thinks matching the color shouldn't be a problem.
Sweet :).  The creator of Kor Whitening actually came onto RealSelf and answered a bunch of questions a while back.  Really interesting stuff!  I hope you'll come back and review that when you get it done.  I'm especially curious as to whether it's painful or not :D.  When will you do that?
I do plan to review that once I'm done. I should have the trays back in about a week or two. Once they come back I can start using it. I am curious to see if they cause pain or sensitivity too. I normally have sensitive teeth especially when trying other over the counter whitening options. I will keep you posted. I will also take lots of pictures too.
Even better!!!!!  Awesome, and thank you!!!! :D