Pick Him! - Saint George, UT

A lot of years ago I had lost over 100 pounds, and...

A lot of years ago I had lost over 100 pounds, and after coming into some money I decided to fulfill my dream. In July of 2012 I had an arm lift together with a breast lift with implants preformed by Dr. Peterson. I had searched hundreds of arm lift before and after photos and because of that I did not set my expectation very high due to how heavy my arms were. I was so happy when Dr. Peterson removed my bandages. The placement of the incisions were perfect, I was so excited. I now have a fighting chance at the gym in trying to tone my arms. This summer I will wear a tank top for the first time since I was 10 years old.

Posted my only fat picture. I still fear cameras.

Posted my only fat picture. I still fear cameras.
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

I found Dr. Peterson while searching the internet. I have read a lot of stories of Plastic Surgeons who fail to follow through with their patients. This became a concern of mine while choosing a surgeon. When I had expressed that concern, Dr. Peterson had assured me that he would be available for me no matter what, or how long it took for me to achieve the best results possible, and I must say that he has been true to his word. He also had returned every e-mail I had written him either with a reply or a phone call. I have never felt rushed or put off. I addition to that, I never felt the gender gap, I normally try to seek out female physicians. I live in Las Vegas and traveled to St. George Utah where he does his surgeries. I found the ride going there a better experience than traveling through Las Vegas and our crazy roads with traffic. It's hard to explain, it was like a time for meditation before doing something so life changing. The surgical center is amazing mainly because of it's staff. While preparing me for surgery they were very thorough and attentive. After my surgery they did not leave my side. They took my pain seriously, and did not let me leave until it was manageable. I also have to say that Dr. Peterson was the first person I saw in the recovery room when I woke up. I am writing this review to express my gratitude for Dr. Peterson and his staff for their personage and professionalism.

Congratulations, our arm lift looks fantastic and your scar is in such a great place. I am hoping for one next year, have been putting it off for a long time due to the scar. My doctor now says he will comprise and he could do a T-shirt length scar, so i am opting for that one. So happy for you.
Hi!! How have you been? Hope all is well. Vegas has been so hot! I'm not there yet but hubby is.
Hello 1LoLo1, Yes, it is pretty brutal, you really never get used to it. About mid September it gets cooler and nice. When are you coming? Have you found a place to live, and if so what side of town? I'll help you out any way I can.
Hi! I'll be there the middle of Sept. We have found a place. Decided to try living in a high rise. It's right off the strip. Yikes!! Thanks for the offer. I appreciate it. Let's send private messages for more info. Don't want to put my location on the public comments.
You look great! Your scar blends in really well.
Thank you MindBodySoul.
Did your insurance cover it? How much did it cost? Thanks.
Hello outdoorsgirl78, I just noticed your post. Thank you for your interest, to answer your questions, no there was no insurance involved. The total was approx. $13,000 for breast lift with silicone implants, extended arm lift, and lift and fat removed on my sides.
I'm having arm surgery in a few weeks. I lost 130 lbs about 10 years ago w. diet and exercise. I slowly gained back 60 lbs that I've managed to lose over the past year or so. I workout almost daily and I hate the arms flapping in the breeze. Your surgery seems to have gone better than others. Do you think it's because you exercise, or what? I eat a high protein diet too. I'm hoping for good results
Hello Joy2world, Have you had your surgery yet? I am interested in following your progress and if you are happy with your results. I will help you any way that I can. I did exercise for a lot of years, sometimes it was in a gym, but mostly I had walked to try to fight the pounds from creeping back up. Any attempt of toning was never noticed, you wouldn't know that I had exercised at all. To me I looked like I had the same body, but just smaller in size. The arm lift makes me feel more proportionate because I carry a lot of weight on my limbs.
Wow!! Your arms look amazing! Thanks for posting the pics.
Thank You :) I am so happy that I am free of all the crazy habits I developed in trying to avoid people noticing my fat loose arms. Some are still there that I am trying to get rid of, like cringing when someone is talking to me and then makes a friendly gesture and touch my arm. I had always caught myself jerking back a bit. I wonder if I had a look of fear on my face. Another, blow drying my hair in a night gown, and when my husband would walk in stopping and putting on a robe, and then continue, later saying "is it hot in here, or is it just me?" Ha Ha as if he never saw that before.... About a month ago I dug up an old fat picture. I used the scanner for the first time and posted it on here. You can see how fat my arms were.
Hi Shed! I had my arms done 2 months ago. I am pleased with my results so far. But, I am hoping the scar will become smoother with time. Did you have the smoothness from the start? Did you massage a lot? Use anything on your scar, like Mederma or Bio Oil? Your arms look great!!
Hello Lornadoone,........I think that you are doing really good. I think your arms look great!! Sometimes I think because we know that a scar is there we assume that everyone we come in contact will know as well. That is probably not the case. When I wore that sleeveless dress on Easter I thought for sure that it was obvious, however my Mother who will always give me an honest answer told me that if she didn't know, that sure probably would not be able to notice. As for scar cream, my surgeon didn't really stress it to me. He did recommend massaging. After the incisions healed I had first purchase the silicone gel. That little thing with the brush was a pain to apply. Then I bought some scar cream. I thought that I would massage them with that cream at the same time, but it dried out too fast and pulled, so I added vitamin E oil with it and massaged it that way twice a day. This lasted for about 2 weeks until I started getting tired of being greasy, then I stopped and just left it alone..... I really enjoy the correspondence from you all :)
Hi! I found you. LOL Your arms do look great and your scar does too. When was your surgery? The color on your scars looks faded. I hope mine look as good.
Hello 1LoLo1, To be honest with you, your outcome is one of these best I have seen. I took those pictures a few days ago, I am about 8 months post surgery. I am happy with it, the scars are so smooth. I'm venturing out with the sleeveless thing. Baby steps you know :) How are you doing with that?
STS: Thanks! I appreciate that. I do have to credit my PS for the wonderful job. I live in IL so it's still flipping cold here. I've bought some tops that are sleeveless and am hoping that by the time I can actually wear them that my scars have faded a bit more. But, you know what? I was embarrassed by my flabby arms and still wore sleeveless. The scar may have to be explained and I am gearing up for that. You are looking so good.
Your arms look great! I hope I have similar results. I am soooo ready to be rid of the batwings.
Thank you very much mythreeboys. I truly hope that you have a wonderful outcome with your upcoming surgery. Take care of yourself.
Me too!! I am getting rid of my bat wings and tummy april 26th!!
Hi Little Lady.... You are going to look great!! You are so pretty and have a really nice figure. I am very happy for you that you are able to do this at 20 years old. Your profile really touched me because I was in my twenties when I lost over 100 pounds and was never able to afford plastic surgery. I am so glad that you don't have to go through what I did. You now will be able to enjoy all the things that you should at your age. If I was there I would give you a big hug. I hope everything goes right for you. We are all here if you need us. Please keep us updated and post some after pictures. Take Care Of Yourself!!

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your experience with us.

Your arms looks great in the after photos. Nice scarring and they look nice and firm. How was your recovery period? Did you have much pain or downtime?

Hello Kristy, Thank you for you interest. When I had stopped and thought about it, in the total inches that had incisions, it was quite extensive. In addition to a brachioplasty and mastopexy with implants, under my arms along with the sides of my breasts had lost a lot of elasticity from my weight loss coupled with age. The first few days were hard to pinpoint exactly which area had the most pain. I will be honest with you, and with no intentions of discouraging anyone but I hurt like h_ll the first week. I suppose I could say the pain in my arms after surgery could be classified as a tad above moderate discomfort. It was my chest that really hurt. So many things go through your mind at this stage of recovery. The first two weeks if someone had asked me if I had it to do all over again, would I. I would have said "absolutely not". However, asking me today I will say, most definitely yes. The relief I feel not having to lug around with me my heavy arms anymore is indescribable. For me, the chest part was actually secondary in my desire to feel free from the scars of my obesity. To sum up my recovery time, yes it had taken me a while. However, that being said, I am still looking forward to my future body lift procedure.

Thanks for the extra information, that's really sueful!

It kind of sounds like having kids... if you ask someone at the point of childbirth if they'd do it again, they'd probably scratch your eyes out... but after the fact, the pain is forgotten and they have this great outcome! ;-)

I'm so glad it all worked out great for you. Your arms look really good!

Thank You !! Ha Ha, the child birth analogy is what I was thinking too. I almost wrote that.