Thermage: StoriesWrite a Review
Not worth it, Details on What to Expect - Sacramento, CA
- posted 2 years ago
- updated 1 year ago
- Not Worth It
- Cost: $2,000
- Laser & Skin Surgery Center of Northern California (Sacramento, CA)
Here's the scoop: * $2,000 for eyes, cheeks...
- 30 Mar 2011
Here's the scoop:
* $2,000 for eyes, cheeks and jawline, included the top of the neck under the jaw.
* Took just under 2 hours.
* Prep: took 2 Ibprofen 45 minutes before the procedure. Valium is available if you have someone to drive you home.
* You will be asked to sign a release form.
* The place you are getting your work done will want to take before pictures. I also requested that they take some with my camera so I have my own records.
* The technician will then tie back your hair and remove any makeup you have on the area to be treated.
* A grounding mechanism for the laser will be placed on your back.
* For prep the technician will put a temporary grid on your face which will be removed before you leave. This is to help the tech keep track of the areas of the face that have been completed or that need work.
* There is some goopy stuff they put on you to ease the laser over your skin. The machine makes weird chord noises as it works.
* I found more painful spots to be on the sides of my face and certain spots by the neck/jawline. Amazingly the eyes did not hurt at all.
* Only the tops of my eyes were done, also along the brow and above the brow. No work on the area below my eyes which I had expected.
* The technician made several passes over the different areas of my skin.
* I thought it was much less painful than laser hair removal. I just had a few areas that were more sensitive. Everyone is different.
* When the procedure was complete, my skin just had a very nice glow. There was no redness, puffiness or bruising. Again, everyone is different. It is possible to get blisters from the heat of the laser per my technician.
What I did not like:
* My doctor did not even pop her head in once during the procedure nor see me beforehand. I thought this was extremely poor bedside manners, or lack thereof.
* When I talked with my doctor about it, she said it would take about an hour. When I got there the technician said it would take about 2 hours.
* If you consider doing this, definitely find out who will be doing the procedure, a doctor or a technician. Regardless, find out how many they have done. You don't want to be one of the first few he/she is trying it out on.
Why I did it:
My upper eyes have really started hooding, and I wanted to avoid surgery. My jawline has unfortunately started to sag a bit, and even when I'm thin I have a bit of a double chin.
4/18/11: I'm definitely starting to see my upper...
- 18 Apr 2011
Some ladies I work with had been out of town, and when they got back, each one commented on how I was looking better, had I lost weight, etc. Granted, I have lost 3 pounds, but I don't think that is enough to grant my face looking so much better.
Pictures will be posted in a few more months.
Hi, After 6 months I really did not get much in...
- 29 Sep 2011
After 6 months I really did not get much in the way of results. The place I had it done at just suggested more Thermage, at full-price.
I thought it was a big waste of money, and I won't do it again.
My Doctor: Join to view doctor's name
This place ONLY does work with lasers, and they do it all day long. They are not some new chain that bought an expensive machine they are trying to pay off. I've had laser hair removal and broken blood vessels removed their with lasers, and outstanding results with both. I know Thermage can take awhile to show results, so I'm undecided at this point as to whether it was worth it or not. My skin did glow afterwards as if I had gotten a good facial. However, I could have gotten that glow for a lot less money. I will post before and after pictures after a few months.
More Thermage Reviews
Thermage Update - Glenview, IL
4 days ago
I have had good experience with Thermage for improved firmness of the skin on my face, and...
Wld Thermage Help Me? - Virginia, VA
21 days ago
Next monday I have a consult for thermagine/thermage. Im 34 5'4" &weigh 145llbs. I've...
Doctor Said to Place Tape Above Belly Button to Lift for 2 Weeks. Wont This Stretch It? - Mentor, OH
2 months ago
I had thermage to tummy after a year after lipo. for wrinkly and loose skin. doctor told me...