Bullhorn Lip Lift - Sacramento, CA

I had a lip lift this past July and I could not be...

I had a lip lift this past July and I could not be more thrilled with the outcome. I had a long upper lip and it dragged my features down. I'm 45 and all my age was showing around my mouth. The bullhorn lip lift makes my face look considerably younger.

My doctor removed 8mm of skin. I had wanted more but he said it would look strange and he was right; he removed the perfect amount. He also managed to hide the scars so I don't have the line under my nose and the outcome of the scar is negligible--this is where choosing the right surgeon made a HUGE difference. He really cared about the outcome and did not want me to have a noticeable scar and I happy to say I don't.

The recovery process on this is ridiculously long. At first, I looked like a pig,then I looked like a fish. At one point, my mouth looked just like the mouth on the Predator in the Arnold Schwarznegger movie. That look morphed into a cat, and finally I had a subtle geisha girl look that hung around until the fourth month, but...IT WAS ALL WORTH IT!!

I am at 5 months recovery and I can see the full results now and they are fantastic! I would only recommend this if you really need it, or you are older, because it is a long process of healing and I heal quickly. It is not a surgery to take lightly or to do because you want to show more teeth. I showed more tooth for 2 months and then I showed the same amount as I always did.

My doctor and his staff were wonderful. His expertise as a surgeon is the reason I had a stellar outcome. I can see how, in the wrong hands, the results could be disastrous. I would recommend that you really research the procedure, ask a ton of questions, and prepare for a long downtime.

Can you please upload before and after pics. I'm considering going to him.
Love your lips. I'm thinking a lip augmentation would look a lot less ducky with a good lift lip! I wish I would have known to ask about it before hand.
a lovely result!
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

My doctor and his staff were top-notch on every level. He answered every question and was never condescending. Everyone made sure I was comfortable and they were all very patient about any concerns. My whole experience was great!