Mom of Three in Her 40s Waited Long Enough for a TT - Round Rock, TX

I'm a mother of 3, youngest almost 5 now. I'm...

I'm a mother of 3, youngest almost 5 now. I'm petite so the 3 pregnancies stretched my ab muscles pretty good. After dieting and exercising and loosing the weight I'm left with a protruding tummy that refuse to budge. I also tried non-surgical methods like the Tupler techique and MuTu. They seem to work in the beginning as in the pooch seem to be getting smaller but I felt they are not for me since I am unable to commit to doing them the rest of my life and I do not expect myself to be overly consumed everyday of my life with it. Sure enough, once I gave up doing them, the pooch bounced back out. It is then that I decided I should invest in a more permanent solution.

After discussing with my dh, I went for a consult at Scott and White Cosmetic Surgery Centre. I was initially very nervous and hesitant but dh encouraged me to go ahead, get an opinion and put the matter to rest once and for all.

Today I'm 5 days post op. Although not fully recovered I'm so glad I did it. The pooch is gone for good. I'm hopeful that I will recover well and should there be complications down the road, I'm confident my surgeon will be with me every step of the way.

Below are my before photos. I'm 5'2", weight about 110lb. In my opinion, the pooch is really huge for my frame. I will post my after photos once I take them.

It Ain't Pretty.... Yet

6th day post op today. More energy to move around. Taking less painkiller med too. Drains are still in. Here are some post op photos. As you can tell I do have a fair bit of swelling. I'm still getting use to this new body. I felt like I'm the partner Frankenstein never had.

First Post Op Appointment

On my 8th day, I had my TT review appointment. I had my drains removed. I'm oh soooo glad for not having to deal with the drains anymore. The stitches around my belly button were also removed. To my pleasant surprise, besides the usual white velcro compression garment I wore home on the day of surgery, the clinic gave me another really lovely compression garment! (See photo). How cool is that!
Austin Plastic Surgeon

First and foremost, I prefer to see a lady doctor because I feel more comfortable doing so. Secondly, Dr. Susan Pike has this very gentle and calm way about her that makes me feel safe and relaxed during my consultation. I felt safe to ask questions that I would not normally ask just because they sounded so unintelligent to me at that time (LOL!!). I felt safe to raise my concerns to her about what I really don't like about my body. She took the time to listen and examine me and gave me her opinion of what needs and need not be done for my case. In our discussion she came across as very confident and enthusiastic, that she knows what she can do to bring me to my goal and I have nothing to be worried or concerned about. Overall, I'm very pleased with how things are progressing so far.

Do you know where ur clinic got the black compression garmet?? I want it!!!! Hope ur doing great with ur recovery!!!
Wow - you look great! Thanks for updating : )
Thank you. :)
Congrats! Can't wait to see ur transformation, but for not rest up and take care of you!! Welcome to the flat side Doll!
Haha!! Thank you! I'm getting there!!
Congratulations! I can't wait to be on the recovery side. My TT is scheduled for wednesday and the nerves are setting in. Can't wait,to see your post-op pics. Happy healing!
Thank you! I will post the pictures soon. All the best to you on Wednesday and enjoy the ride.
Congrats!! My twins are 19 months and left me with diastasis recti - I'm so done with Tupler's method and my TT and BA are scheduled for July 18th. I'll be following you : )
Thank you. Yes I agree with you on the Tupler method. So excited for your upcoming TT n BA!
I tried velashape as well and just could not commit the time and money to keep up with treatments for only a little but if change. Taking the plunge next month if my fears can stay away. Best to you with your recovery
Thank you! Glad for you to take that plunge. It was nerve wrecking for me in the beginning but I know your results are going to outweigh any fears you have now.
Can't wait to see your post op pics
I am so happy for you! Looking forward to seeing post op pics!
Thank you!