Full Abdomen and Inner Thigh Smart Lipo

Me: 49YO Mom of 3 and grandma of 2. 5'0"...

Me: 49YO Mom of 3 and grandma of 2. 5'0" 135lbs My waist has been disproportionate to bust/hips since 3rd child. I lost 30lbs four years ago and have kept it off, however my belly still causes much discontent.

My reasoning: if I do not get the ultimate result, at my age, I will only be out the $$ spent. Only my husband and I ever see my tummy naked, and I have been hiding my tummy under clothes this long. On the other hand, if it works out well, it will be the finishing touch on my weight loss, and a nice 50th birthday present to myself (and for him as well!).

My proceedure is 4/10/10. Hoping for good results, wish me well.

Hope all is well. I am 52 and had Smart Lipo on my upper & lower abs, flanks,and inner and outer thighs on Mar. 31. It has been more difficult than I expected however I am excited about the end "product"! I saw a big difference immediately. I am also insulin dependent and have noticed a huge difference in my insulin needs as well. I think it will be worth it in the end!
Good Luck! I am 52 and on March 31, 2010 had Smart Lipo on my upper & lower abdomen, flanks and inner/outer thighs. It has been more difficult than I expected however, I think that I will be happy in the long run. I did see results immediately and am excited about the final "product"! Hope all is going well with you. Do not despair if you are experiencing significant pain the first few days. It does subside!
I will check back to see how you are doing. I am having upper & lower abs, flanks, and inner thighs done on the 15th. I am 48 so anxious to monitor your progress the next week. Good luck tomorrow!

One week out and so far, VERY happy. Still...

One week out and so far, VERY happy. Still slightly swollen in lower ab, thighs, but upper ab is flat for the first time in decades. I opted for no oral pain meds during proceedure because Vicodine makes me ill. I also had no meds after. Pain is very tolerable. Can't wait to see end product. I will post after pics at one month.

Just wondering if you are still swollen and how much swelling you did have? I had my stomach inner and outer thighs done on 4-9, but I am still very swollen and very bruised.
How long were you tender on your stomach? I had upper/lower abs, flanks, and inner thighs done on Thursday (4/15).Today is Sunday 4-18. Can't stand to wear pants with a waistband- so tender.I am also pretty swollen.
Did you have much swelling? My Smart Lipo was done on 4-9 and I feel much larger, LOTS of swelling and bruising in fact I feel like an "elephant"! comments, thoughts or suggestions are gladly welcomed.

So far so good. I think maybe I won't get the...

So far so good. I think maybe I won't get the totally flat belly I hoped for, but already at two weeks, my clothes fit so much better. I get hard little knots under my skin but gently massage them and the seem to feel better. I am still wearing my firm shapers 22 or so hours daily, even though the told me I did not need them more than 12 hrs daily at this point. I want to give my body the best healing conditions possible.

I am actually pretty happy with my results. I was hoping for a little better on my lower abs, but upper look great. I am still wearing a spanx type garment just because sometimes my lower abs still feel like they are healing and get a little sore. Lumps are fading under bellybutton area. Surprisingly my measurements are still very similar to what they were but even my husband says I look thinner.
I had little to no swelling of upper abs, lots on lower. Inner thigh and knee were only swollen a week. At 2 weeks I can finally get into my jeans because tenderness was too painful.
I had my stomach done on 05-05 and I am still a little swollen and vey numb. Did you experience the same? Its been almost 2 weeks and things are getting better everyday. I had very little bruising and my doc says its probably bc he used a foam compression garmet under my actual garmet for the first week.....

Two months post op, like I said before, I was...

Two months post op, like I said before, I was hoping for a little better result on lower abs. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Are you still pleased with your Smartlipo? Any weight gain and it's impact?
Physicians Skin & Weight

I think the Doctor did a very good job. Knows Her stuff. However, I do kind of feel like I was Upsold on the fly, adding knees to the proceedure day of.