Finally Did It - Rosemont, IL

48 years young. 5" 5 tall 135 pounds. had...

48 years young. 5" 5 tall 135 pounds. had three babies they gave me on top of them this wonder gift of an anoying pouch that never went away. Didnt matter how much I worked out.Was originally going to get a mommy make over. But so glad just did the tummy tuck first. Reason being at least I could use my arms to get up and down. When you have a breast augmentation you cant use your arms. When you have a tummy tuck you cant use your legs. I would have been stuck like a bug on my back. I know this because my friend had a fat transfer mommy makeover from her stomach to her breast. I will go back and get my breast done at a later date. Im 30 days post op. But I want to be honest about this elective surgery. Recovery is painful. I have a very high pain tolerance and I was very much in pain. The first three days were bad. I took Norco for the pain but it didnt work. Everyone reacts different to drugs. If your pain meds do not work within 24 hours call your PS and get a different pain med. Dont wait! Other must haves. wedge pillow (have to get on line). Walker with wheels and a elderly pottey chair that goes over the toliet. I was lucky I know older people so I only had to buy the wedge pillow. Oh and someone to stay with you 24 hours a day for at least the first three days after.Oh and dont think your gonna be able to go back to work in a week. I did, it didnt happen. I ended up taking two weeks off. This is a major elective surgery. I keep saying elective because its is your choice. Please research all aspects of this surgery and choose your doctor wisley. It took me a year to chose mine. I do not regret it and love my results. And when people ask even though I know the recovery pain now would I still do it. Yes I would. Rest, rest, rest even before surgery. throw some protien in your body before and after surgery and if you smoke QUIT at least a month before and stay quit at least 2 weeks after. This is really important on the cosmetic and internal results of the surgery. And yes I did smoke and quit. Good Luck be healthy,rest, let others take care of you and dont feel bad about doing something for yourself that makes your clothes fit more comfortably and gives you more self estem about yourself.

Thank you for telling your story and sharing your experience.  It is very helpful to others to read the details.  I am so glad you touched down on the length of the recovery.  People need to know that in two weeks you will not be all healed and ready to go back to your normal schedule.

I am glad you are happy with your results!  Keep us up to date as you go through your process.  Pictures??

Congratulations on quitting smoking and getting this done! Your information is very realistic and sound. Thanks so much for sharing your story with us.

Chicago Plastic Surgeon

This docotor has not only studied plastic surgery. He was also a GP and studied general surgery. He now just does plastic surgery and is up to date on all the latest proceedures.