"Septorhinoplasty Was a Mistake, Please Save Your ONE Nose for Another Surgeon" Rosarito, MX

The clinic itself is normal, pretty. The way...

The clinic itself is normal, pretty. The way business is run is extremely unprofessionally. You get what you pay for. The waiting time is 1-2 hours after your "appointment" time, that applies to post surgery recovery as well. They never, ever ask for Identification to make sure its you, nor check your age. My nose was crooked with a deviated septum after an accident and this surgeon didn't use a graph to straighten it, which is a huge red flag. Anyways, when they took my blood the morning of my surgery the lady used a surgical glove instead of a rubber band so it was very uncomfortable: when she took my blood the told me not to move b/c she had set the open blood vile against my leg and she didn't have a lid for it and was too much in a hurry to get one due to the fact that it was the end of her shift. Then they walked me to the operation room, never once asking for ID.

I woke up horribly nauseous and dizzy. I would get up to go to the restroom and sweat from my low blood pressure. They did not have ice packs, they only had 2 water filled gloves they would freeze, that was my ice. Kept me over night, finally got to go home after a grueling night and having 2 anti nausea shots IN THE LEG. They hurt so bad. A day goes by, worst paint ever, my teeth were throbbing. I kept getting nausea and I had to repeatedly get anti nausea shots. Arcoxia which is an anti- coagulant was prescribed to me for "arthritis" pain, which it did not work, Arcoxia is FDA banned from Canada and US bc it causes strokes as an allergic reaction. Needless to say I had patches all over my body from a medication and no one could explain why, I kept returning to the clinic to see the surgeon his nurses would just send me home as "normal" and he could not see me. His nurses are not doctors and are not surgeons.

I finally requested a different pain medication and anti-biotic. 2 months later, my breathing sucks, my nose is still extremely crooked, I have a chunk missing on my left side of nose and the bridge point where the cartilage meets bone is collapsing. I went back to see him last week and at first he denied my nose was crooked and blablah, fast forward- he couldn't remember if he used a graph, Every surgeon I spoke to says you cannot straighten a nose with out a graph and your nose bones are too fragile to support your bridge. I will need a revision. I am deeply regretful for my decision to use him for my septo-rhinoplasty, if I could turn back the hands of time and get my money back I would. I just hope no one chooses him for rhinoplasty. I am mainly regretful bc I am only 20 and I just wanted my nose straightened so my septum would be 100% but all the money, time, stress and pain was for nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf!
Thank you for letting me get the truth out! I don't want other people to experience such a loss of money or so much pain.

Since writing my review

Since writing this review a couple weeks ago, my mother (whom lives in the same town this clinic and surgeon are located) called me to inform me this surgeons nurse: Gaby, to specific, basically called my mother to complain about my review and how "disrespectful" it was on behalf of this surgeon- Talk about violation of doctor patient confidentiality. My mother couldn't really scold me because everything I stated was true, the waiting times are in fact unacceptable (I'm a 3rd year Business student on Forbes top 25 Colleges in the US 2013: 1-2.5 hour waits are not acceptable,) the after care wasn't good, and I was in fact prescribed Arcoxia, which is FDA illegal in the US and CANADA, anyone can see that is a LAW and factual. I am posting pictures of the prescription from this clinic... All in all, I am not taking my honest review down, nothing I stated was disrespectful or a lie considering I am posting pictures. I am unapologetic 1) I gave this man his due credit, I did say he was nice bc he was, 2) because I refuse to let this surgeon fix HIS MISTAKE for free: How many times have you heard or read the rhinoplasty horror stories of people who return to the same surgeon that did their nose surgery wrong the first time? Countless times. I am though, apologetic to the fact that more people aren't aware that his specialty is not septo OR rhinoplasty. And I would like to thank this surgeon for the nose bleeds that occur since my surgery, that when I run I breathe worse than before- Thank you for making me realize a good rhinoplasty surgeon is something a person should really invest in- Except now, I have to seek a revision specialist.

After photos

In these pictures, it shows the crookedness. The way my cartilage and bone connect due to the fact that he didn't use a graph to straighten my nose at all. He basically just made my nose smaller. The tip is still turned up and has dropped a lot but its still pig like- I guess am now miss piggies little sister ;)
Good luck with your revision.
So sorry this happened to you. I had a very disappointing rhinoplasty as well and posted my review of my surgeon. I hope with our reviews it makes people think twice before using these doctors
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

He was nice. Saw him accumulative of 7 minutes in the ENTIRE time. And had to wait 1-2.5 hours every time to see him. Only time we really had a sit down was when I recently went back to the clinic post op, and it was to discuss my surgery.