5 Weeks Postop - Full Tummy Tuck with Lipo to Flanks and Back - Rockville, MD

Hello everyone... I guess I should have started...

Hello everyone... I guess I should have started this post prior to my TT but I actually stumbled across this site while recovering from my TT (hey, better late than never). I find this site to be very helpful. Well, i've always been in shape but after a car accident and plenty of steroid injections, not being able to exercise and not watching what I ate... is what led me to blow up and get out of shape. I tried exercising as much as I could and after this was exhausted, debated on doing the TT for about a year or so then took a leap of faith and had it done. To date, i'm glad that I did have my TT done.

My surgery was March 7, 2012 and was performed by Dr. Tattlebaum. At first I had the "why did I do this to myself blues" for about the first week while recovering. Afterwards, it went away. I'm still in recovery mode and on April 3, 2012 I had a little fluid build up so he injected a small needle in the top of my stomach and drained the fluid... it didn't hurt since I was still numb and it made a huge difference. I'm still swollen and numb and see a slight bulge on my right hip that I hope goes away. He said if it doesn't in about 6 months, I can opt to do a little lip in that area... let's hope and pray it goes away!!!! :-) I had one drain on my right side and once it was taken out, I was so relieved and felt so much better. Taking the drain out did feel a little weird... like a slither with a slight burn (yikes!). I've been cleared to do a tiny bit of exercising (walking only but no power walks). Hey, i'm guessing a brisk walk could do me some good!

I was kind of hesitant on posting pictures but I had to think about when I look at sites like this, I ALWAYS want to see the before and after. Soooo.... here it goes, i'm going to post a few pictures and this way I can share my progress with you all.

Hello everyone! As of today, i'm now 5 weeks and...

Hello everyone! As of today, i'm now 5 weeks and 1 day post op (yippee!). I've lost 10 pounds since my surgery and have been really trying to avoid sugar and salt and drink a lot of water! I really want to get down at least another 20 pounds and tone my body (as soon as I am cleared to work out). My clothes do fit a little more loosely now and i'm more curvier :-) For now, i'll just watch what I eat and do a little walking. Happy Healing Everyone!

Yesterday my tummy looked flat... today I look and...

Yesterday my tummy looked flat... today I look and feel puffy! The only thing I think it could be is the chicken and shrimp pasta I had yesterday while I was out. I'm hoping that it goes down and i've been drinking a lot of water today as well. Sigh...

Hello everyone! I'm currently 7 months post op (...

Hello everyone! I'm currently 7 months post op ( had TT done in March 2012). As you can see from the recnt pic I posted just now, i've gained some pounds and need to pull it together to work it off!!! I'm currently working on losing some of this weight, Ok now to the real question... for those who have had a TT, what did you do to blend the scar and flatten it? Has anyone evr used the silicone strip? My scar is dark and raised! Any suggestions?

18 months post op

Hola everyone! I'm a bit late updating but here it goes... scar still very dark and raised (maybe due to genetics). I'm about to use the silicone strips and bio oil to see if they will assist with flattening and lightening the scar before doing the scar revision! Have anyone with darker skinned had and success with either of these products if your scar was hypertrophic?
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Dr. T and his staff are very courteous and professional. He explained the TT process in full, more than any of my other consultations.

Really look great already and better result to expect! I am from China,after 1month I will do the same surgery .Hope I will overwhelm all the difficulties as you. Brave woman!
Use epiderm silicone sheets its honestly amazing and will flatten it down. It works for hypertrophic and keloids
Thank you! I'm starting to look at other options before doing a scar revision.
I was with Dr. T too and I lost almost 30 after the TT. Try bio oil if you haven't already.
No I haven't tried it. I plan to try the bio oil and the silicone strips (just alternate) before requesting a scar revision. Thanks!
How is your scar now. I have seen many of Dr. Ts and none that have been dark after 7 months - how are you doing?
@Never too late... The scar has went down a little (Dr. T did a few injections to flatten). Its still very dark and raised in some spots. More than likely he's going to cut the dark/raised part out. Its more than likely due to genetics though. Other than that, all is well!
Is the scar hypertrophic? What did he inject you with?
Yes its hypertrophic... it was kenalog. Hasn't helped as much as I would have liked and was painful in certain spots that weren't still numb. I'm almost 2 years post op and looking at other treatments (silicone, bio oil etc) before doing the scar revision.
Well congrats to u! U r healing nicely!!
Thank you!
I have read good things about the Oleeva silicone strips. That's what I plan on using.
Thanks! Have you used them yet? If so, how did they work for you?
Congratz, u look excellent! Happy healing to you!
Thank you Tmonie12!
Congrats on your new tummy! You look wonderful. It seems like your whole shape has changed, you TT as even enhanced your booty and hips giving you the appearance of having had a BBL ALSO! ...lol, you look great girl!
Thank you Sunkysd! I think it's because he did some lipo above my booty... I notice a big difference when I put on pants/jeans because I don't have that fat/bulge at the top of my jeans. I looked at your photos... you look great also!
I'm sure if you felt puffy you were just swollen! You look so good, try not to get upset, this process is so emotional. Swellings no joke. Remember Dr. T says this is a 6 month journey at minimum, Have you been cleared to do any type of light working out? I think that will help me feel better even though I despise the gym! I think this is just as much a mental recovery as it is physical. Keep your head up, you look fantastic!
I do agree Bag snob... it's very emotional! Some days my stomach and flanks are flat, while others i'm like "what the hell happened" (lol). Yeah, Dr. T reminds me of the 6 month journey every time I inquire about my issues. He just cleared me last week to do light walking only. It's very mental!!!
Hey!!
Your Tummy looks great!!!
Thanks Nenee098!
@Suzanne13... thank you! I'm really hoping I do once I can get back active again!
Wow you look great! I think you will definately have the washboard stomach!
Thanx for the info. Ive been wondering why somedays my stomach looks really good and then other days it feels as if its filled with something. I'm really gonna have to keep my eye on my salt intake.
Awww...thank you honeyjones!!! I hope I do have a washboard stomach! I'm sure you're results are going to be fabulous also! One thing I learned from 3 weeks ago...stay away from salty foods! I got so puffy and retained so much water it was pathetic! Never again!