Time to Get my Body Back! - Rockville, MD

Well like most of you, I have extra skin from...

Well like most of you, I have extra skin from having two beautiful kids ages 3 and 9 months. I'am 5'7 and currently 170lbs although I would like to lose another 20lbs before surgery. When I was pregnant with my first child I reached 250lbs and I never wanted to see that number again. I exercised and lost 86lbs but then got pregnant with my second and went right back up to 230lbs, so that's why stomach looks the way it does. My husband and I are done havings kids so now I've decided to get my body back and have a tummy tuck. Tomorrow is my consultation with Dr. Tattlebaum and I couldn't be more excited. Can anyone tell me what I should expect?

Surgery date scheduled!!

I had my consultation with Dr. Tattlebaum on Tuesday and I knew he was the right surgeon. I'm scheduled for July 10th which is about 4 weeks away and all of a sudden my nerves are starting to kick in! I'm so nervous about recovery time, not the surgery part of it. I have a lot of help from my family and everyone supports me so it makes everything a little bit easier. Let the countdown begin!

Almost Time!

Well they moved my surgery back a day because they messed up with booking my appointment, but that's ok. I'm getting so excited my day is arriving and I can finally get this nasty skin off of me. I know the recovery is going to be long and painful but it's all worth it in the end.

Finally over with

Well I had my surgery yesterday and everything went as smooth as I could have imagined. The staff were all so comforting and helpful. My surgery took 3 hours and before I knew it I was waking up.

I'm in a little bit of pain and a lot of tightening. I haven't taken my binder off yet but I will definitely take pictures when I do. Hoping for fast healing!

Post op 3rd day

I woke up this morning feeling better. I was able to take my binder off and see what the results looked like. I couldn't be happier! The scar is nice and low and I love my belly button. I can't wait until I can stand up straight and get this tube out of me. I posted some pictures but it's still hard to see what it all really looks like.

1 week post op

Today marks my one week since I decided to change my life for forever. I am so pleased with my results that I can't stop smiling. I wasn't able to get rid of all my stretch marks but to be able to sit down and not have a roll of skin sitting over my pants feels amazing. I'm thinking once my binder is off and I don't have the marks, then my stomach will look a little better.

I had to keep my tube in but I figured that would happen. Tattelbaum says I'm healing well and everything looks amazing. Can't wait until I'm full standing up straight and 100% healed!

Adding another picture

This drain is annoying..

I have my 2 week follow up on Thursday and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my drain gets taken out. I'm still draining a lot so I'm not sure if they will. Definitely the most annoying part of the healing process.

I also can't wait to stand up straight! My back hurts so bad once I've been walking around for a couple of minutes. I've returned to work today since I have a desk job. Although I'm post op 12 days already, I feel like the healing process is taking forever. I just need to learn how to be patient. I can't wait until I can hold my baby girl again..

Drain is out!

I had my 2 week appointment yesterday and I'm happy to say my drain was taken out! Wow, was that the strangest feeling ever. I thought it would hurt but it didn't, I just felt the tube being removed throughout my body. (Gross). I purchased my compression garment and I am wearing it today. Things are starting to go back to normal again. I'm still sleeping in my recliner because it was uncomfortable laying in my bed after trying last night. I have lost 5lbs from my surgery and I'm going to keep losing more. I took a couple pictures of me in a bikini and it feels so weird to be in one again. Loving my results!
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon