Time to Get my Body Back! - Rockville, MD

Well like most of you, I have extra skin from...

Well like most of you, I have extra skin from having two beautiful kids ages 3 and 9 months. I'am 5'7 and currently 170lbs although I would like to lose another 20lbs before surgery. When I was pregnant with my first child I reached 250lbs and I never wanted to see that number again. I exercised and lost 86lbs but then got pregnant with my second and went right back up to 230lbs, so that's why stomach looks the way it does. My husband and I are done havings kids so now I've decided to get my body back and have a tummy tuck. Tomorrow is my consultation with Dr. Tattlebaum and I couldn't be more excited. Can anyone tell me what I should expect?

Surgery date scheduled!!

I had my consultation with Dr. Tattlebaum on Tuesday and I knew he was the right surgeon. I'm scheduled for July 10th which is about 4 weeks away and all of a sudden my nerves are starting to kick in! I'm so nervous about recovery time, not the surgery part of it. I have a lot of help from my family and everyone supports me so it makes everything a little bit easier. Let the countdown begin!

Almost Time!

Well they moved my surgery back a day because they messed up with booking my appointment, but that's ok. I'm getting so excited my day is arriving and I can finally get this nasty skin off of me. I know the recovery is going to be long and painful but it's all worth it in the end.

Finally over with

Well I had my surgery yesterday and everything went as smooth as I could have imagined. The staff were all so comforting and helpful. My surgery took 3 hours and before I knew it I was waking up.

I'm in a little bit of pain and a lot of tightening. I haven't taken my binder off yet but I will definitely take pictures when I do. Hoping for fast healing!

Post op 3rd day

I woke up this morning feeling better. I was able to take my binder off and see what the results looked like. I couldn't be happier! The scar is nice and low and I love my belly button. I can't wait until I can stand up straight and get this tube out of me. I posted some pictures but it's still hard to see what it all really looks like.

1 week post op

Today marks my one week since I decided to change my life for forever. I am so pleased with my results that I can't stop smiling. I wasn't able to get rid of all my stretch marks but to be able to sit down and not have a roll of skin sitting over my pants feels amazing. I'm thinking once my binder is off and I don't have the marks, then my stomach will look a little better.

I had to keep my tube in but I figured that would happen. Tattelbaum says I'm healing well and everything looks amazing. Can't wait until I'm full standing up straight and 100% healed!

Adding another picture

This drain is annoying..

I have my 2 week follow up on Thursday and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my drain gets taken out. I'm still draining a lot so I'm not sure if they will. Definitely the most annoying part of the healing process.

I also can't wait to stand up straight! My back hurts so bad once I've been walking around for a couple of minutes. I've returned to work today since I have a desk job. Although I'm post op 12 days already, I feel like the healing process is taking forever. I just need to learn how to be patient. I can't wait until I can hold my baby girl again..

Drain is out!

I had my 2 week appointment yesterday and I'm happy to say my drain was taken out! Wow, was that the strangest feeling ever. I thought it would hurt but it didn't, I just felt the tube being removed throughout my body. (Gross). I purchased my compression garment and I am wearing it today. Things are starting to go back to normal again. I'm still sleeping in my recliner because it was uncomfortable laying in my bed after trying last night. I have lost 5lbs from my surgery and I'm going to keep losing more. I took a couple pictures of me in a bikini and it feels so weird to be in one again. Loving my results!
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Looks so good!
Wow! You look fab!
Thank you both!
you look awesome-love the suits, are they VS? yes, the tube doesn't hurt, just a weird feeling is the only way to describe it! watch the changes, it just gets better :)
Thanks! No, I got them from Target :)
U look amazing!! Our stomachs are very similar :)
Thank you! You look amazing!
It's such a double edged sword...we hate the drains, but when they come out, we hate the swelling :). You look fantastic for po 2 weeks!
Thank you! I'm hoping my swelling isn't too bad when it starts. My stomach is kind of hard all over the place right now..
You look great! Was it hard to hide your drains when you went back to work?
Yes! I had to wear lose shirts but since I sit at a desk most of the day it wasn't really noticable.
I went back to work po 19 and I still feel like I would have liked another week off. When I sit at my desk for a while and then stand up I am so tight and have to hunch over even though I am straight in the mornings. I see dr t again tomorrow for my 4 week
you are looking really great!!! You really look very flat in that last photo :) yay :)
Thank you!!
Looking Great!! How have you been feeling?
Thank you! I'm feeling better each day. I just sneezed and it hurt so bad though!
He makes the best bb ever!
You look great - isn't it great to see the changes that unfold?!
Thanks! Yes, it's awesome.
How exciting - I can't wait to see more pictures ... that front view pic looks really good!! I just saw Dr. T Friday for my 14 week p/o ... and was cleared to get my BB pierced which I did that night!! I missed my belly ring :)
So jealous! I used to have my belly button pierced. I'm not sure if I'm going to do it again but I'm so happy for you!
Do it-I know you gotta miss it-I did :)
I know!! I can't wait until I can put on a pair of shorts and not see my skin hanging over!! You're tt looks great!
Thanks - it's funny, I went back and looked at all my pics I took from the beginning and how weird everything looked and it's ever changing - just amazes me. Still find it hard to believe I did this, even after 3 months have passed - I never thought I'd have the guts to do it! Keep the pics coming - I love seeing all the changes :)
Thanks guys!! I teared up a little when I took my binder off. Couldn't be happier right now :)